Purchasing extra mousekeeping

stargazertechie

Toy Story Midway Maniac
Well, four more sleeps until our first stay at BCV! :banana::banana::banana:

We've stayed DVC several times in the past, and each trip gets us closer to wanting to purchase :laughing: This is our first trip mom's along with us for a DVC stay, and it's going to be 3 adults in a studio :scared:

I know you can purchase additional T&T or full service, but I was wondering how one goes about doing that. Do you set it up in advance? Call by the day? What time of day does mousekeeping tend to come for the additional services? We're there for 8 nights, so my plan was to purchase 2 extra full cleans and 3 extra T&T days so that we at least have fresh towels daily and fresh sheets every other day. So it would look like this

Saturday- Check in
Sunday- Paid Full Clean
Monday- Trash & Towel
Tuesday- Complimentary Full Clean
Wednesday- Trash & Towel
Thursday- Full Clean
Friday- Trash & Towel
Saturday- Complimentary Trash & Towel

And if I'm counting correctly, this will set us back $105. Seems worth it during sweat and stink season

So many questions for something so simple.

You set it up with Mousekeeping when you get there and it is charged to your room. They don't have a set schedule.

In my experience you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I envision them not coming when expected or doing the wrong cleaning on the wrong days.

Good Luck!

:earsboy: Bill

Don't do it. It seems like you want those extra cleanings, but you don't. If you have a house cleaner at home, I bet (like us) they only come once every week to two weeks. Having a daily service is something almost no one does.

When we bought into DVC I thought I would miss daily service, but actually it's great not bothering with it. And really, how big a deal is it to hang up your towel to dry like you do at home?

Save the money and use it on a fantastic dinner at Flying Fish. You will be glad you did...

In my experience you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I envision them not coming when expected or doing the wrong cleaning on the wrong days.

SIL wants (& gets:rolleyes:) daily HKing while at WDW. in over 10 stays, they have not had a single vacation where it worked perfectly (a day skipped here, T&T instead there, etc).
have you considered just getting a towel pack on those you have listed as T&T, and just one extra full clean, if at all?
from member site:
Towel Package, $6 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

personally, we spend some time in our room, and find daily HKing intrusive. not being able to relax in our room between 9am and noon-1pm every day doesn't sound like vacation :)

sweat and stink season :lmao:

I wish you luck. On our last stay at BWV we requested to move back our full cleaning day by one day. The result was, nobody came. So I called and was promised they would come the following day but nobody did. This went on for three days. Finally someone came but all they did was change the sheets and collect the generous tip that I left on the vanity. We were out of TP by that time so I called again and two people showed up, each with an armload of TP. Someone came the following day and finally did the full cleaning.

I've read other reports of people scheduling extra cleanings and being disappointed at what they got. Personally I wouldn't waste the money and I will never again attempt to change my Mousekeeping schedule.

And if I'm counting correctly, this will set us back $105. Seems worth it during sweat and stink season.
Since you will be in a studio you might want to purchase a towel pack since you won't have a washer/dryer in the room to freshen up your towels. To keep the sheets fresh, take your bath/shower before bed instead of in the morning. After a day out at WDW, I like to wash off the sweat and all that sun screen before going to bed.

Since you will be in a studio you might want to purchase a towel pack since you won't have a washer/dryer in the room to freshen up your towels. To keep the sheets fresh, take your bath/shower before bed instead of in the morning. After a day out at WDW, I like to wash off the sweat and all that sun screen before going to bed.

That was my other thought. we've also packed beach towels and we're planning on doing laundry every 3rd day.

I'm on medications that cause awful hot flashes, so a cool shower every evening AND every morning is already part of my daily routine :rotfl:

Another vote for not doing it. ONE TIME in our 16 years of membership did I pay for a full housecleaning because we had one set of guests leaving and another set coming. I was so disappointed in how poorly it was done, that I had to have them back twice to "finish the job". I didn't even get clean bed linens for the pull out, which we needed. On top of that, they didn't vacuum. It finally ended up that I didn't have to pay for it because I had so many issues with it. It just is NOT worth the cost.

Besides, why would you need it that often? Do you change your beds every other day at home? Do you not know how to use the washer and dryer or know where the trash recepticle is? I HATE having them in my room at all, so I'd just as soon they didn't even come for T & T.

Besides, why would you need it that often? Do you change your beds every other day at home? Do you not know how to use the washer and dryer or know where the trash receptacle is? I HATE having them in my room at all, so I'd just as soon they didn't even come for T & T.
The OP has three adults staying in a studio so they won't have a washer/dryer and will have a problem with where to hang all those wet towels (there are never enough towel racks. hooks, etc. for those towels!)

Maybe the solution is for the OP to upgrade to a 1BR, especially one with two bathrooms. You get lots of towels and a washer/dryer to boot!

Given the schedule you have proposed, you will end up with clean sheets more often than every other day:

Night #1 (Sat): check-in -- sleep on clean sheets

*Purchase full cleaning for Sunday*

Night #2 (Sun): sleep on clean sheets

Night #3 (Mon): re-use sheets

Complementary full cleaning for Tuesday

Night #4 (Tues): sleep on clean sheets

Night #5 (Wed): re-use sheets

*Purchase full cleaning for Thursday*

Night #6 (Thur): sleep on clean sheets

Night #7 (Fri): re-use sheets

*Purchase full cleaning for Saturday*

Night #8 (Sat): sleep on clean sheets

You would have a fully-cleaned villa for 5 nights of your eight night stay: Saturday night, Sunday night, Tuesday night, Thursday night and Saturday night. At the very least, I would suggest that you skip your first proposed additional full cleaning for Sunday morning, which would give you three days sleeping in the same sheets (Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights), and clean sheets every other night thereafter.

Agree with other posters that the chances of Mousekeeping following this irregular schedule are minimal. My dentist wife took her three assistants to a conference in Orlando and stayed in a studio at OKW. With four adults, they asked for the towel service each day, and we're satisfied with the results.

My experience is also that the complimentary services sometimes comes a day early, which may affect your plans as well.

The OP has three adults staying in a studio so they won't have a washer/dryer and will have a problem with where to hang all those wet towels (there are never enough towel racks. hooks, etc. for those towels!)

Maybe the solution is for the OP to upgrade to a 1BR, especially one with two bathrooms. You get lots of towels and a washer/dryer to boot!

Sorry, I missed that it was 3 adults in a studio. I'd never do that.

OP, we have ordered occasional full cleaning days when we go. What we have found is that it is essentially pointless to put in such requests with MS before arrival. It is also apparently pointless to give it to the front desk at check-in. Every time we have done either of those, housekeeping never got the information, or at least, disclaimed that it had.

What you need to do is call Housekeeping after you are in your room, and tell them what you want. In that conversation you will be given a long speech about how DVC does not get daily housekeeping and then you need to explain that you understand that fact and are requesting it at the extra cost. If the person to whom you are talking seems shocked by the possibility that you can order extra housekeeping, it is at that point you need to ask to speak to a supervisor. Sometimes even that does not work and and thus you should also call again the day before or morning of your first requested day. We have found that once you have called housekeeping at least two to three times, someone's brain actually starts to function and the service is usually provided.

Also, when you do order any extra housekeeping, make sure you check your bill before you leave to assure you aren't charged for more than you have ordered. Sometimes, when you actually order some extra days and are supposed to get one free because you are there 8 nights, they will charge for all the days of full cleaning including the one you were supposed to get free.

In other words, if you have read this entire post, you should understand that when you order extra service, the CMs at the resort very often have a hard time dealing with such an obviously strange and complicated request and the learning curve is often very slow.

Sorry, I missed that it was 3 adults in a studio. I'd never do that.

Hey- when mom offers to treat for a vacation, we're kind of at her mercy :lmao: I would have preferred a 1 bedroom, but she didn't see the "value" in it.

We survived 3 adults in an inside stateroom on a Norwegian cruise ship (last minute plans) and managed to keep a fairly tight ship (pun intended) so having roughly 1.5x as much space will either be a blessing or a curse.

DH and I have traveled extensively with large groups (college sports, mission trips, college greek life reunion trips) and are used to sharing small spaces.

And as an aside note- I do change my sheets every other night at home as I have hot flashes something awful and tend to soak sheets. I figured I woudln't be dealing with that crap for at least another 30 years :rotfl2:

And as an aside note- I do change my sheets every other night at home as I have hot flashes something awful and tend to soak sheets. I figured I woudln't be dealing with that crap for at least another 30 years :rotfl2:

Oh my! I'm glad I didn't have them that bad. Good luck! I could do the studio with 3 adults at OKW if I had to, but I'd be hard pressed to have to use the pull out sofa for a bed for an adult in the BCV studios.

Oh my! I'm glad I didn't have them that bad. Good luck! I could do the studio with 3 adults at OKW if I had to, but I'd be hard pressed to have to use the pull out sofa for a bed for an adult in the BCV studios.

It helps that my mom normally sleeps at least half of every night on the couch that she falls asleep on, LOL!

I've done 3 adults in a studio several times. Never purchased additional towels or cleanings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter