Q&A for Accepted or Hopeful Fairy Godmothers in Training!

I am an Elementary Education major with a LOT of experience with children. I have no professional experience with hair or make-up, but I do play around with different styles and such on peoples hair as well as my own. I really want to be a FGIT, do you think I would be accepted because of my extensive work with children? I am also being certified in Special Education and have experience with children with disabilities as well. I am looking to apply to the college program next year. I have been dreaming about this role forever and I want more than anything to get it!

I am an Elementary Education major with a LOT of experience with children. I have no professional experience with hair or make-up, but I do play around with different styles and such on peoples hair as well as my own. I really want to be a FGIT, do you think I would be accepted because of my extensive work with children? I am also being certified in Special Education and have experience with children with disabilities as well. I am looking to apply to the college program next year. I have been dreaming about this role forever and I want more than anything to get it!

My daughter is currently a CP FGIT and had no hair or make up experience at all. (She lives in basketball shorts with her hair in a ponytail) In my opinion they look at your work/training experience as the guest experience is their primary concern. You get trained on the hair and make up; they have a system in place for every task so that it is consistent for each "princess". It is a very rewarding job; as my daughter said "its about making the magic not the hair and glitter!" Good luck to you! Doing the CP was a great decision for her and she is now looking to make her career there.

The tips are not linked to paychecks, as they are considered a bonus on top of the hourly pay. This practice is UNIQUE to the BBB and TPL, anything classified as a "tipped role" does process tips through the paycheck system.

And remember, you are responsible for reporting it to the IRS and paying taxes on what you earn, even though the tips wouldn't be processed through the paycheck system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter