Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Happy Monday! :dogdance:

We were able to watch the Bengals game yesterday, didn't end like we wanted it to. One of the patients gave their nurse $100 in Ruby Tuesday gift cards as a thank you for delivering their baby last week. The doctor didn't get here in time so she stepped up and did nurse and doctor duties. Anyway, she decided it was really a team effort so she used the gift cards and bought all of us lunch yesterday from Ruby Tuesday. It was really good, I got the broccoli/cheddar soup and a side of grilled zucchini.

Grabbed a pizza on the way home from Ds3 and then watched a little of the Sunday night football game. Fell asleep though, so I really didn't see much of it.

Ds1 and future DIL put a bid in on a house last night. It's really nice but it doesn't have a basement and a garage which he said he definitely wanted so he had a place to keep his equipment for his landscaping business. I know they want to get out of their apartment by February but I just feel like they are rushing this search and now he's taking whatever is available. I keep telling myself to mind my own business and they have to live and learn but this is such a big purchase. I guess I'll hear later today how it went.

Making a new recipe in the crockpot tonight, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Have a good day! :wave:

Ds1 and future DIL put a bid in on a house last night. It's really nice but it doesn't have a basement and a garage which he said he definitely wanted so he had a place to keep his equipment for his landscaping business. I know they want to get out of their apartment by February but I just feel like they are rushing this search and now he's taking whatever is available. I keep telling myself to mind my own business and they have to live and learn but this is such a big purchase. I guess I'll hear later today how it went.

I get that no house is perfect, but I agree with you - the garage is not what I'd compromise on in his business.

(Of course, he's currently doing it from an apartment, so maybe he rents space in a large, off-site garage for his equipment?)

I felt that my DS and fiance settled when they bought their house earlier this year. They had placed bids on several houses and had gotten tired of looking. DS was living between our house and fiance's mom's house because he had sold his house. Yes, he already had a house but fiance would not live there. She didn't like the area and wanted to live closer to mama. So he caved and sold his perfectly good house and found one 20 minutes from where her mama lives.

I mentioned last night how the weather was not cooperating so I could wear my Christmas shirts. Well, low and behold I wake up to strong winds and temps in the upper 40's. I do have a Christmas shirt on. We're to have a couple of days of cold weather and then back up into the 70's and 80's for a day or two.

Good morning to you all, hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good week on tap. Not a whole lot on my agenda today. I've got to finish a few Christmas cards and then I'm done. Plus I've got to book a flight for a work trip in Feb. but it's a open-jaw which, depending on the airline I use, means I'll need to call to book the flights which = spending time on hold, so I've been putting it off. I have to book for a second work trip in March as well so maybe I should go ahead and book both. I'm also in the midst of cleaning out/clearing out my office, which it badly needed.

Thinking of making a Sheppard's pie this weekend. I've got some ground lamb in freezer, and some lamb broth to use up. Dinner this evening is in the hands of my husband as I have a appt. after work. Not sure what the rest of the week will bring us, we'll see. Weather permitting we may go to a boat parade this Saturday evening that the eldest is participating in. Next weekend after that youngest is bringing his girlfriend home for the weekend as he won't be able to be home for the Christmas holidays, so we've got a nice meal planned then. I suppose I ought to get ahold of my BIL & SIL and see if they are coming over Christmas Eve, as has been their habit after brunch w/ SIL's folks.

Except for the dogs, I'm done w/ my Christmas shopping at least!

Good Morning!

It's chilly here and I fully admit to being ready for Summer :D

:grouphug:Kirby. Oh my goodness are you going through the wringer and back, my friend. I was so sorry to read all that is going on, seemingly coming from all angles, within your post. First of all, it sounds like your dentist took on WAY too much during one appointment than he should have! Sure offering to have replaced the second crown was good intentioned, I'm sure, but he also should have recognized patient care is more important always than hurrying to finish off a job so to speak! From my own experience it sounds like horribly as a result you are now experiencing TMJ trouble :( Please PM me if you would like a kind, ear, whose been there. I can also offer you (I pray) some suggestions that may help. PLEASE take care! Second, all any of you need right now is the upheaval of court. Big prayers all-around, extra for the children, of course who are always the ones to be most impacted :( Sadly I was there all too well myself as a kid so can relate. I will send the kiddos some stickers. Small thing but something to bring them an added smile, I hope :) ETA: Hooray for your wearing a Christmas shirt. My Christmas shirt is one I typically wear on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Post Covid, I hope to get a Christmas sweatshirt of some type.

Hug, Lynn, how are you doing, friend? Thinking extra of you! I'm glad it's warmer for you, please send some extra warmth here!. ITA that the floor guy should have given you the basic courtesy of calling! I sure do hope he follows through now and will go the extra mile to make certain the job is done and done well!

How kind of your colleague, Footballmouse to share the kindness she received with all of you! God Bless her! ITA with you and PollyannaMom, that is sounds like your son and his future wife are rushing into home buying without stepping back to truly consider what they need in a home such as a basement for his work equipment. Sounds like you and Kirby have both indeed "been there and done that," with sons who jump the house buying gun! I understand excitement of a first home (something I;ve never experienced just in a first apartment) but (to me) a huge purchase like that should not be hastily decided upon. Of course, from across the country, that is easy for me to say. I will keep their house hunt in prayer.

Don't forget to put something in your dog's stockings, Easyas! :dog2: Guessing they may have a stocking since you are such a great and fun pet parent. I'm glad your shopping is done otherwise! I hope you do have a more relaxing day my friend. Good travel arrangement thoughts your way, too!

Dad is getting his second haircut of the past two years as I type. He got his first this last June. Back then, I thought sometimes over the summer that I'd be able to follow suit sometime soon because the Covid situation here looked brighter. Now, one of these days, dad will have to be my hairdresser from home. I'm thankful he could do that. He's going to go to Old Navy afterwards in hopes of using our $20 Super Cash on something one or ideally each of us can use.

Keep well and warm friends and I'll check back later.

Plus I've got to book a flight for a work trip in Feb. ..... I have to book for a second work trip in March as well so maybe I should go ahead and book both.

Got one out of two done - got my Feb. flights booked, just ended up doing 3 one-ways on 3 different airlines, it just worked out better with nonstops & my schedule. And I was able to make a 20 hour detour to Denver in order to meet up with my cousin for dinner. Ended up not booking my March flights since I know where I'm going but I am not 110% sure of my dates yet.

It sounds like everyone is busy getting ready for the holidays. It is hard to buy a house in this market. They go so quickly and for over asking, at least in my area. For selfish reasons I hope that continues at least into Spring so I can sell my house quickly. I do have to buy too but I have my eye on a 55+ condo in a neighboring town. Chris and I lived in that town for one year before we bought our first house. I am also looking in another neighboring town where Chris and I lived right after we got married. My goal is to find a place in a town where Chris and I lived during our marriage.

The guys filled the big dumpster this weekend and it will be hauled away this week. They decided to get one more dumpster, the smaller size one this time, and try to fill it before the end of the year. I count on them to make the decisions with this effort as they know what they want to do and how to do it. The goal here is to have dumpsters out of the driveway before winter snow really gets underway. They think the stuff in the front half of the downstairs can be quickly thrown into the dumpster. Then we will call the junk hauling place to take away a projection TV, a regular TV, and a couple of other items. After that we will see where we are and maybe just get one of those bagster type containers to take care of any smaller junk that needs to go. We will do a second pass on stuff we saved to be sure we want to save it. My attitude is once I decide to throw it out it is gone. If I am not sure and it is a bit sentimental, I hold onto the item until I can make a final decision. The kids are the same way. I am not going to stay at the house this weekend. Older DS works. Younger DS can't come over until after noon on Saturday. I would probably have another meltdown Saturday morning and want to avoid that. I will just go to the house Saturday morning. I will go Sunday too even though the kids can't. I am OK going for part of the day so I will stick with that for now. I have a prevnar vaccine appt on Sunday. It was hard to get with everyone getting the boosters. I already had that done. I will sneak tastes of the peppermint ice cream I have in the freezer at the house.

It is a tough day today. It is my birthday and Chris always made it a special day. I told younger DS I did not want to even mention the day. He said he would defer to my wishes. Then older DS said he was getting a cake and supper out for me. I told him how I felt and he said that I made him celebrate his birthday right after Dad passed and he wants to remember my birthday too. I did talk him into the supper of his choice and cupcakes for his birthday. Younger DS texted today to say the grandkids were asking about my birthday. I guess I was not being thoughtful of how others felt about the day and should not have said to forget it. I feel bad about that. I was only thinking of how I feel about today. I apologized to DS about that. So tonight younger DS and grandkids will be videochatting with me. The grandkids I am staying with already wished me Happy birthday. I have plenty of tissues handy today. Now time for a walk.

I hope today is a good day for everyone.

Just a quick pop in to say "hi". One of my kids is home not feeling up to par today. She actually is feeling very well at the moment, but when she woke up this morning she just wasn't her usual self. Hoping she continues to feel better and can head off to school tomorrow.

lynxstch-Sorry to hear about your cat. It is always hard to lose a pet. We have gained an inside cat this year, the first inside pet we've had in almost 10 years, and the kids all adore her. They have lost a lot of pets in their short lives (hazards of living in the country) and I just hope this cat has a long life.

snowysmom - Good to hear you were able to make it though the night at your house. Always one step at a time and sometimes we all have to take a step back in order to go forward, so just remember to give yourself grace always and do what is best for you.

kirby - lots of hugs and prayers headed your way

It's SO windy here today and cold. Tonight it's supposed to dip down to near zero and then by Friday be back near 45/50. People are so glad to have the nice weather, which is fine, but I won't be so happy about it when we are "paying" for it in April and its snowy and 30 degrees out. I'd rather deal with cold when it's "supposed" to be cold. Lol

Take care all.

On the saving coins issue, I finished scooping the pennies that Chris saved out of the carry on bag and into coffee cans. Some of the coffee cans are so old the brands are not even sold any more. Remember Yuban and Brim coffees? I also had 2 large Maxwell House cans and one Sanka. There were 6,609 pennies in the cans as well as 5 quarters, 3 dimes, and 1 nickel. Grand total for this coin machine run was 67.69. Altogether, with 4 coin machine runs we cashed in 518.41. And you wonder why there is a coin shortage! Chris was squirrely away the coins. I can have a shopping spree at Amazon but I am going to wait until I need things for my new home or to buy things for gift giving occasions. Christmas shopping is done. Chris and I actually did most of the grandkids shopping on Amazon in early September.

It sounds like everyone is busy getting ready for the holidays. It is hard to buy a house in this market. They go so quickly and for over asking, at least in my area. For selfish reasons I hope that continues at least into Spring so I can sell my house quickly. I do have to buy too but I have my eye on a 55+ condo in a neighboring town. Chris and I lived in that town for one year before we bought our first house. I am also looking in another neighboring town where Chris and I lived right after we got married. My goal is to find a place in a town where Chris and I lived during our marriage.

The guys filled the big dumpster this weekend and it will be hauled away this week. They decided to get one more dumpster, the smaller size one this time, and try to fill it before the end of the year. I count on them to make the decisions with this effort as they know what they want to do and how to do it. The goal here is to have dumpsters out of the driveway before winter snow really gets underway. They think the stuff in the front half of the downstairs can be quickly thrown into the dumpster. Then we will call the junk hauling place to take away a projection TV, a regular TV, and a couple of other items. After that we will see where we are and maybe just get one of those bagster type containers to take care of any smaller junk that needs to go. We will do a second pass on stuff we saved to be sure we want to save it. My attitude is once I decide to throw it out it is gone. If I am not sure and it is a bit sentimental, I hold onto the item until I can make a final decision. The kids are the same way. I am not going to stay at the house this weekend. Older DS works. Younger DS can't come over until after noon on Saturday. I would probably have another meltdown Saturday morning and want to avoid that. I will just go to the house Saturday morning. I will go Sunday too even though the kids can't. I am OK going for part of the day so I will stick with that for now. I have a prevnar vaccine appt on Sunday. It was hard to get with everyone getting the boosters. I already had that done. I will sneak tastes of the peppermint ice cream I have in the freezer at the house.

It is a tough day today. It is my birthday and Chris always made it a special day. I told younger DS I did not want to even mention the day. He said he would defer to my wishes. Then older DS said he was getting a cake and supper out for me. I told him how I felt and he said that I made him celebrate his birthday right after Dad passed and he wants to remember my birthday too. I did talk him into the supper of his choice and cupcakes for his birthday. Younger DS texted today to say the grandkids were asking about my birthday. I guess I was not being thoughtful of how others felt about the day and should not have said to forget it. I feel bad about that. I was only thinking of how I feel about today. I apologized to DS about that. So tonight younger DS and grandkids will be videochatting with me. The grandkids I am staying with already wished me Happy birthday. I have plenty of tissues handy today. Now time for a walk.

I hope today is a good day for everyone.

Even though the day is bittersweet for you, it's still your birthday and you deserve for people to remember it, so I applaud your son for doing so (even though it may be against what you want). So I hope that you allow your DIS family to also remember it and celebrate it..HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

OIP (1).jpg

Happy Birthday, Snowysmom. I can understand why this is a difficult day, just like all the 1sts will be. I hope that mixed with the sadness you can smile at some of the good memories too. Grieving is not for the faint of heart, it requires strength and pure guts. Snowysmon, you have that strength even though it doesn't feel like it. :grouphug:

Well here it is, after 4:30. They say its 55 degrees out, but it feels cold and windy, and it's spitting rain. Never heard from the floor guy at all, after his saying his truck would be fixed and he would be here today. So he will get another text tonite, and if no answer, he will get another one tomorrow morning at 7:30 am. Enough is enough..I want that floor 100% finished!

Figure this one out..I called CVS after looking up the 1 prescription I hadn't filled yet, as it wasn't close enough to the date to refill. It shows the cost for 90 days as $414.99,,so I look on Good RX and same thing will cost me $115.02 at CVS? Needless to say I am using the coupon lol!

Good evening.

Started out today with a stop at the post office to mail our Christmas cards. Then we stopped at the county treasurer's office to pay a bill. We drove back down to Ronnie's/Homestead Gardens looking for a rainbow and unicorn ornament we saw last week. Of course it was gone. Stopped at Willey's and got something else that hopefully Tessa will like.

Then stopped at CFA for lunch, I got all three of my items for free with a coupon and rewards points, before grocery shopping. Came home and finished decorating the tree. Yesterday we assembled it and DH put on lights. At least one room is in order.

I have a Zoom church meeting at 7 then hope to watch the Boy Bands Holiday Special and NCIS,

@Snowysmom, :bday:

Took our SIL out for early dinner yesterday. On the way home, had a hankering for a peppermint ice cream. Stopped at two favorite ice cream places. One was closed, and the other had no peppermint. 😬 So decided we would just get some at the store to take home. Stopped first at a small store near home that always has it in stock. Freezer down. So went to another, none in stock. At that point we decided to get some mint chocolate chip and a bag of peppermint patties, BUT IT WASN‘T THE SAME! 😭 Woefully disappointed 😫

Good afternoon/evening friends,

Dad got his haircut and he's happy. He said he was pleased by Supercuts' precautions including the stylist spraying down the chair before he sat down and of course, they were both wearing a mask. I don't necessarily agree with this but since for me it wouldn't matter anyway right now, it's not as personal a thing, but he said he was also asked to show his proof of Covid vaccine. Since that gave him extra peace of mind, I'm glad. He looks handsome ;) He also got himself some socks and me some long sleeve T's at Old Navy. FYI, to be sure all of you know, we had $20 in Super Cash. That meant in order to redeem the full $20 we would have had to spend (at one time) $50. This was not completely clear. He ended up spending about $30, so only got $10 off and we lost the other $10 :( A very kind ON.com agent emailed him as a courtesy one time a $10 offer for any order so we do get it back and for next time now we know. I wanted to be sure this same thing did not happen ever to any of you!

Much prayer for save March travel, Easyas. I'm glad one of your flights is booked, even if you're not yet sure of dates.

:grouphug: and Happy Birthday extra love Snowysmom! I know this is a far cry from the day you imagined, my friend. I PRAY even in a teeny way it is happy. Indeed as Frog said, please give yourself some grace! Such lovely, kind words. Lynn and DazedX3.

Hooray for our Quacker birthday duck, Lynn. Love it :) Here's a cake to complement!

Carol, I'm sure Tessa will like anything you, her beloved grandma got her. When she gets older, if she's still a unicorn fan, she may enjoy the My Secret Unicorn book series.

Aw, I'm sorry you didn't get your peppermint ice cream, Pea! :( Just for that, I hope when you do enjoy some it is extra tasty.

Please stay well, warm, and yikes out of the wind, my friends. Hugs from CA!

Love the Duck Cake Flyingdumbo127.

I had to go to 2 stores to find peppermint ice cream. Shaw's had it.

Cake was yummy. DS picked out a nice one. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I wish Chris was with me here but I know he is in spirit. I think that is how I get through every day. He helps me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter