• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Had some sunshine here this morning, then it clouded back up in the afternoon. I did make a little more progress with the water pump on the pool cover. - It's getting there!

I talked to my niece on the phone, had a Zoom class, and went to the grocery store. The bathrooms didn't get cleaned, but that can be done tomorrow.

I didn't hear about the earthquake until late this afternoon. I guess it was possible to feel it here, under certain conditions, but I didn't.

Good morning. The sun is actually shining and there is ZERO chance of rain, for the first time in a week. The temp will only be in the low 50's, but I'm guessing they would rather cut a tree down in that , than in the 70 degrees it will be the beginning of the week. Just waiting for a phone call to make sure they're coming today. I will be closing the blinds, I don't want to watch it coming down, the thought of it freaks me out.

Going to strip and remake the bed and figure out something for dinner.

Edited to add. I wasn't even dressed yet when they came rolling in. I put the blinds down on that side of the house, so the cats don't freak out (and me too). I hate seeing someone up in a tree. The first 2 smaller branches are down so they could check the chainsaws, and they're putting on all the safety gear and ropes.

Have a nice Saturday
1712407677747.png

Last edited:

Lynn Nice that the sun is out and your tree is being taken care of.

Good morning. I did see a bright object in the sky a while ago and took a walk while it was out. Now it is gone again. It is supposed to rain off and on all afternoon. I will try to get one more walk in while I can. Yesterday I was able to get in 3 walks and a trip to the gym just for the treadmill. I am still not feeling 100% so I took it easy. Then I went to Kenny's for dinner and we ended up going out to walk the dog. At least I made up for not walking alot Wed and Thurs. We did not feel the earthquake here. An expert on TV talked about the difference between west coat earthquakes and east coast earthquakes. Basically on the east cost we have large shallow plates under us so the earthquakes tend to spread out more and not be as strong. On the west coast there are faults which make the earthquakes more localized and stronger. I thought that was interesting.

I have cleaned the bathrooms, opened some packages that came, took out my shoes I need to start wearing to get ready for Disney (always Asics Gel Contend), and will probably do some work. Then I may window shop through Kohls. Tomorrow I get to see Jeff and family.

Have a good Saturday.

Lynn Nice that the sun is out and your tree is being taken care of.

Good morning. I did see a bright object in the sky a while ago and took a walk while it was out. Now it is gone again. It is supposed to rain off and on all afternoon. I will try to get one more walk in while I can. Yesterday I was able to get in 3 walks and a trip to the gym just for the treadmill. I am still not feeling 100% so I took it easy. Then I went to Kenny's for dinner and we ended up going out to walk the dog. At least I made up for not walking alot Wed and Thurs. We did not feel the earthquake here. An expert on TV talked about the difference between west coat earthquakes and east coast earthquakes. Basically on the east cost we have large shallow plates under us so the earthquakes tend to spread out more and not be as strong. On the west coast there are faults which make the earthquakes more localized and stronger. I thought that was interesting.

I have cleaned the bathrooms, opened some packages that came, took out my shoes I need to start wearing to get ready for Disney (always Asics Gel Contend), and will probably do some work. Then I may window shop through Kohls. Tomorrow I get to see Jeff and family.

Have a good Saturday.

I've made up my mind that once March arrives, Disney will be off my plate. We went to MK our first day and I lasted 3 hours. It went to low 80ties that day. I've tolerated 90ties on other trips.

Epcot was my best experience.

Have a great time when you go!

Oh, and Boathouse was our best meal on Easter Sunday. They seated right on time and I am still amazed at how many people they seated while I waited for my turn. That included walk ups.

At the end of our meal, a bird came and snatched food from one of the DGD's plate. The waiter was there and saw it and immediately replaced the meal in a to go box. We didn't ask and as far as I could see both grands were finished, but DD was not at the table and I didn't actually get a chance to refuse, they did it so quickly. When the replacement arrived is when we all realized they were replacing the food. This worked out I'm sure as their family were going to MCO Hyatt and the girls had afternoon food I guess I'll call it.

Last edited:
About half of the tree is down. They worked for 6 hours, and Dave's son (who was up in the tree,,high), his legs were starting to get shaky and I asked him to stop. They cleaned up everything they cut, had a dump truck full of wood, and Dave's flatbed trailer got filled twice. It's going to take at least 2 more dump truck full to get all of the main trunk of the tree when they cut it, and another trailer full or more of limbs. I don't know if they're coming back tomorrow or not until next weekend. As long as I know it's coming down, I'm okay with waiting.

Good evening everyone.

Busy day today with laundry and a meeting for church at my mom's house. I volunteered to pick up one of the ladies attending as she would have had to use buses and it would have taken her over an hour to get there. By driving it took 15 minutes or so. The meeting was great and we had a lot of fun. So much so that we have decided to meet at my mom's from now on as it was quieter than the church hall. We have a covered dish lunch and the spring tea coming up.

I was the last to leave with the woman I was taking back home. My mom's dog took off so I chased her. I caught her but fell. My wrist is a lovely shade of purple, I have a bump on my head that only hurts if I touch it but my bad knee took the brunt of the fall. The knee is really swollen. It has been elevated with frozen green beans on it but I think Urgent Care may be in my future or the primary care on monday. At least the thumb I injured last week is OK and most importantly my mom's dog was caught and is safely in the house.

Many years ago when my youngest was a toddler she opened the door at my mom's and the dog got out. Toby was just out of my reach when he darted into the street and was hit by a car and sadly died. I didn't want my mom and dad to go through that again and will gladly take the bumps and bruises to know that their pup is ok. My mom is so upset that I was hurt and I was so worried that I hurt the dog, that I am sure we will laugh about this one day. For a 14+ year old dog, she is FAST!!!

Hope you all have a pleasant evening. Mine will be spent in bed with the knee up while I read. Not sure sleeping will be easy tonight but hopefully I get a couple of hours in.

Good Morning :hug:to all with love,

Mercy extra of God, I enjoyed a very good night sleep. I am so grateful indeed. I look forward to online worship later. Dad will be going to.Pavilions this morning. God willimg, he will stay home afterwards. Tomorrow, we will call the home health aide Dr. S. recommended.

Target's Red Card is now Target Circle. More interesting to dad and I is it sounds like there will be more new offers. I did spot on Saturday, 4/13, Target Store Gift Cards will be 10% off. I wanted to pass that along.

Have a cozy and happy Sunday dear friends with love.

Tazdev I hope you are feeling better today. Please take care and go to urgent care if needed.

Judique I know what you mean about the heat at WDW during the Spring and Summer. Chris and I always went in May once we were empty nesters. I like that time even with the heat. Plus I don't like to make vacation plans for the winter as the weather is unpredictable. Even having the trip in early December makes me a nervous about weather issues and flying.

Good morning. It is 37 with temps going into the 40s. It is cloudy now with the sun popping out now and then. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so at least we will be able to see eclipse. Our area is at about 92%. I went to Market Basket this morning at 7 when it is the most quiet and then took a walk. Later I will be going to Jeff's. My left ear is still bothering me as well as left sinus. They just feel congested. I am taking decongestant to try to get the stuff out so it will clear. Other than that I feel better.

Have a nice Sunday.

Good sunny Sunday morning. I've already stripped and remade the bed and the clean sheets are hanging on the line. We're going to be in mid 60's today, and warmer tomorrow and Tuesday. We're supposed to see 87% of the eclipse tomorrow, and the weather should be perfect for it.

I'm going to finish mowing, and then give the shed ramp another coat of paint. I have to paint the sides of it too, as the wood is exposed the the elements.

Feel better @tazdev3225 and @Snowysmom

Have a good day

1712499715449.png

Tazdev I hope you are feeling better today. Please take care and go to urgent care if needed.

Judique I know what you mean about the heat at WDW during the Spring and Summer. Chris and I always went in May once we were empty nesters. I like that time even with the heat. Plus I don't like to make vacation plans for the winter as the weather is unpredictable. Even having the trip in early December makes me a nervous about weather issues and flying.

Good morning. It is 37 with temps going into the 40s. It is cloudy now with the sun popping out now and then. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so at least we will be able to see eclipse. Our area is at about 92%. I went to Market Basket this morning at 7 when it is the most quiet and then took a walk. Later I will be going to Jeff's. My left ear is still bothering me as well as left sinus. They just feel congested. I am taking decongestant to try to get the stuff out so it will clear. Other than that I feel better.

Have a nice Sunday.
I was out earlier to deliver one of my Disney gifts. It appeared to be much appreciated.

Early December is usually okay here. Since I drive I watch the weather very carefully before my trips and will leave early or delay if weather is iffy. Right now my next trip is half booked for December. It was fully booked but I pulled the points back to use on my February 2025 trip and set up waitlists for standard room for 2 nights I'm missing. If all my points were boardwalk points, I'd be happy. But only half are.

Meanwhile, I had a good stay near the airport for 1 night in a new Hyatt. I'd definitely redo that hotel as a first night to stretch things out.

But, February is another matter for storms. My strategy is to get out of this area and into North Carolina and it should be okay for driving. So far I've been really lucky and have driven in great weather, while back home it turned ugly with snow and sleet.

I haven't paid attention to the eclipse but, I've also experienced a total eclipse in the past. I need to check out the local news and see what time, whether cloudy, per cent, etc. I have a passing interest.

@tazdev3225, so sorry that you hurt yourself.:hug:. I hope you feel better today, or that you are getting the help you need.

We went to a Pancake Breakfast at Church today and chatted with a few members of the St Vincent de Paul Conference we joined. It was great to chat with our new “friends” whom we never got to talk to during meetings!

As far as eclipse…I have glasses and I just checked and learned:
New Jersey won’t be in the path of totality, but depending on where you go you may be able to see about 90% of the sun blocked by the moon for more than an hour at about 3:25 PM on Monday, April 8, 2024.

So, we’ll go to a beach area after my PT, and see what there is to see!

Last edited:
Good Morning. 32 here right now with temps going into the 60s. It is supposed to be sunny today for a change. I hope to see the eclipse this afternoon. It is a bit over 90% in this area. Not much else going on today. Just work and walking.

Have a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter