Queen Mary/Aircraft carriers--at Long Beach?

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
My DH heard that you can look at Aircraft Carriers on Long Beach somewhere. But I can not find any info about it.
Does anyone know where this is, and what it is?

Also, Queen Mary, is that a hotel now? Do you tour it?

Any help would be great, thanks!

We toured the Queen Mary about 6 or 7 years ago. My kids still talk about the experience. We also enjoyed the Sunday champagne brunch. I called the number to make a reservation and learned that there was a discount available. It might have been AAA or something, buy one get one maybe, sorry I can't remember exactly, but I learned about it from the recorded message.

We were told that you could book a room for a stay.

Someone else will have to help with your other question.

The Queen Mary does have a hotel on board, but you don't have to stay there to take a tour. My DD and I stayed there in April, so if you have any questions, please ask.

The only aircraft carrier that I know is open to the public is in San Diego. The Midway has been turned into a museum and offers tours. My DS and DD have been on tours through school.

The Midway is in San Diego. My son is supposed to have a cubscout sleepover on it in March.

Is that the name of it, "The Midway"? Because I can't find anything on it.....

thanks for the info, any more details would be great!

Here is a link .

If memory serves, USS Midway was the ship where the treaty to end WW2 was signed.

The self-guided tour of the Queen Mary is really good. The 'Ghosts and Legends' tour on the other hand is NOT!!! It is actually shockingly bad. It uses several areas of the ship which are otherwise not accessible to the public (main one being the swimming pool) which is cool but the areas are ruined with bad special effects and bad acting tour guides.

I was dreading the day myself... I thought it'd be boring as hell but I enjoyed it immensely and we are definitely going back to tour it again in 2008.

IMO (which is a non-staying guest's opinion), the hotel is rather dingy and nothing special. The corridors have an odd smell to them too - much like the ship so I suppose it's what can be expected? I guess it's more being able to say that you've stayed aboard the legendary ship than anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter