• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about AP and room rates...

dandee

Mouseketeer
This is probably a REPEAT question, but I need help!

I have POFQ ressies from 10/20 to 10/29 with no discounts, but we are thinking that if...
1. Free Dining is extended (my first choice, right???)
OR
2. AP room discounts are significant
... we would change our reservations to include the best deal. Here is my question - I've never purchased AP's because I generally only go once a year and it never made a big difference because the general public room discount codes were available - do you have to have the AP in hand when booking your room for an AP rate or can you purchase it right before going on the trip (assuming the code is available when you call)? I can't seem to find that info anywhere (I must not be looking in the right place). Any help or advice would be great - thx!

I too am a first time AP owner (well not exactly yet). Two weeks ago I booked two rooms by calling with the AP code and it was no problem at all. I plan to order my AP(s) online about 4 weeks prior to departure. (Someone has said it only takes a week to receive the voucher but I don't want to take any chances).

All you need is the AP voucher or the AP when you check in. The deal is they will charge you rack rates if you don't have either upon check in.

I saved enough $ to almost pay for one AP. I will likely get two as DW will be jealous if she doesn't have one! :rotfl2:

Note: You only need one AP to get the room only discount....not one for each member of your party.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter