Question about AP expiration date

mamamelody2

DIS Veteran
I bought my kids Power APs, paid in full, on February 6. Used for the first time March 5.
In the app it says, issued March 5 2022, expiration date December 16, 2022. Any idea why it's not good for a year?

Some AP sales that are decent deals, only cover a limited time.

Not all AP’s are valid for a 12 month period but by year end

Some AP sales that are decent deals, only cover a limited time.

Not all AP’s are valid for a 12 month period but by year end
The AP was not on sale/promotion at all. I did buy it shortly before prices went up this year.

I bought my season pass last week on May 14th and paid full price. After seeing this post I checked the app and mine also shows expiration of December 16, 2022. Just got iff the phone with customer service. They’re not sure why the app shows December 16th, but they said my pass is good until May 15, 2023.
Thanks for the info! We leave Saturday so I'll probably ask them to check it since I have to pick up my other son's AP anyway.

Weird...I just checked the seasonal 2-park AP to which I upgraded last week, and the app shows Dec 2022 expiration for me as well! I sent an email inquiring about it. The GS clerk in the park had told me it would expire in May 2023. D'oh

I bought the rest of my family the 2 park power passes last week, and noticed the same thing on the app. I was going to call, but after finding this thread i'm thinking it's a glitch.

I notice a lot of folks mentioning the price increases, sounds like one happened recently. Any advice or speculation about how often they do so? I need one for Dec - could buy it now but on the other hand, would be easier to wait a few months. But am afraid it will hike again. I presume they don't give notice, so one day - they just go up?

THANKS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter