Question about becoming a character performer

If you audition at one of the auditions in FL, you usually find out that night (I think the CP audition may be an exception). For the CP auditions around the US, it usually takes a week or two to find out.

thank you so much!!!! I actually AM auditioning in the one in FL! thank you very much!:goodvibes

Hi!

I auditioned for an Entertainment position with the CP in Oklahoma City (2006) and it took about 2 weeks to find out I was accepted!

I recently had surgery on my kidney and now I have five 1 cm long scars on my stomach and my side. They don't look too bad, but I really had my heart set on trying out for Princess Jasmine.

I was wondering... If they like me, but can't do anything about my scars do you think they'll have me as fur until winter when Jasmine wears that long cloak? This is totally hypothetical, I'm just trying to prepare myself for what will most likely happen. My picture is to the left as my avatar. Thanks for any opinion! :lovestruc

I really don't know, because Jasmine doesn't always wear her coat during the winter. It's hard to know.

i know this is probably not the response you want but if the scar is really noticable in the costume then they would probably say no because you have to be able to do the costume in all types of clothing. We all have scars and freckles but it just depends on how noticable they are. Sorry! But try out you never know!

I recently had surgery on my kidney and now I have five 1 cm long scars on my stomach and my side. They don't look too bad, but I really had my heart set on trying out for Princess Jasmine.

I was wondering... If they like me, but can't do anything about my scars do you think they'll have me as fur until winter when Jasmine wears that long cloak? This is totally hypothetical, I'm just trying to prepare myself for what will most likely happen. My picture is to the left as my avatar. Thanks for any opinion! :lovestruc

could be covered up? cause I've known people with tatoos that the make up would cover it up completely!! it was amazing!

could be covered up? cause I've known people with tatoos that the make up would cover it up completely!! it was amazing!

Yeah sometimes they let you cover things up with makeup it just depends on where it is and how notacable it is...

Thanks for your replies guys! I still have until January before I apply and whenever after that before I audition so maybe they'll heal and end up looking a lot better than they look now.

My friend and I are going to a costume/makeup shop next week to ask around. I'll let yall know what they say incase anyone else is wondering something similar..

thanks again!

it was just like a regular meet and greet and it was fun because everyone was so into the pirate and princess theme. If i wasnt as tired as i was then i would i have enjoyed it more but if someone asked me to do it again i would. Im hoping that i will be able to do a christmas party!

Hey guys, I actually have a few questions on this topic. I just did my phone interview today and I am interested in auditioning for a character position, I will be in the CP Spring 2009. When I spoke to the woman on the phone she said that you really can't be choosen as a face character at the auditions, so they are only for costumed characters?? I was a little disappointed but it will still be fun. Also, how hard are the auditions? I am not a theater major nor do I have a lot of experience in entertainment, how hard is it?

Thanks guys!!

Hey guys, I actually have a few questions on this topic. I just did my phone interview today and I am interested in auditioning for a character position, I will be in the CP Spring 2009. When I spoke to the woman on the phone she said that you really can't be choosen as a face character at the auditions, so they are only for costumed characters?? I was a little disappointed but it will still be fun. Also, how hard are the auditions? I am not a theater major nor do I have a lot of experience in entertainment, how hard is it?

Thanks guys!!

Not all the auditions pull for face, so maybe that's what she meant.

For the most part, the auditions really aren't that hard. I know a lot of people who didn't have experience who were picked. Hopefully I will be one of them when I audition this spring again.

I've heard WDW character performers talk about being a "Photopass" face character. What is the significance of getting chosen for this?

I actually was with a girl who had an entertainment cast member approach her and suggest she audition for Pocahontas( sp?) BTW The girl is in costuming. Apparently all the preformers are told if they see someone who would fit a role they are to suggest they audition. Not that it gives anyone a better chance of getting a role, but it is still kinda cool to be told something like that,lol.

The person who told me this, said that it was actually Entertainment Casting, and it was because they were desparate for people. She refused to do it though because the face character position was going to pay less than the position she had at that time.

I've heard WDW character performers talk about being a "Photopass" face character. What is the significance of getting chosen for this?

Most of the face characters that interact with guests have a "photopass" photographer with them. Like Ariel in her grotto.

However, they might be referring to the few face characters that get chosen for "display" purposes either on the photopass website, or at the photopass kiosks in the park.

Coincidentially, Equity members can't have their photo taken by Photopass photographers as selling photos of them is against their union contract and subject to fines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter