Question about buying gift cards from Kroger online

momto4girlz

Earning My Ears
Not sure if there is a better place or thread for this question... let me know.

I was wanting to use the Chase 10% cash back deal for Kroger online to purchase a gift card. The Kroger website sends me to an online gift card "mall" to purchase. Will this transaction still show up as being from Kroger so that Chase gives me the cash back? The "mall" says Kroger, but it is a different platform.

I was wanting to use the Chase 10% cash back deal for Kroger online to purchase a gift card. The Kroger website sends me to an online gift card "mall" to purchase. Will this transaction still show up as being from Kroger so that Chase gives me the cash back? The "mall" says Kroger, but it is a different platform.
Kroger uses the Blackhawk network for its giftcards. I think you will get more help if you post this question in the Disney gift card thread, even if you are buying other giftcards. They know everything over there and are very helpful.

Not sure how Kroger handles that type of transaction, but many places no longer offer discounts on gift cards since it is really the same as cash. Look at the fine print and you might see some sort of exclusion relating to gift card purchases.

Last edited:

Just curious if you got an answer to this question, I wanted to do the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter