Question about DVC points?

Halo said:
Yes. :) I think we'll just have to agree to differ on this. I don't doubt what you say - its just contrary to my experience.

Assuming for one moment however that you are correct - i.e. that DVC does object to its members taking out individual II membership because it does not want them to gain access to Getaways (?) - other II members can book them on their behalf, for an extra £25 cost of a "gift certificate". If any DVC members would like to checkout II Getaways I would be happy to do so on their behalf - just PM me.
Yes, one can get up to 12 "getaways" a year and for the cost of a guest certificate, another member can purchase a rental for anyone. But under II rules, they couldn't even reimburse you for the direct costs. Just remember that when DVC uses the word "Member getaway", they are not referring to a rental and thus when a DVC member not familiar with II uses that term, they are also not referring to rentals. I'd love to see even one example of a DVC member who purchased a rental through DVC.

I don't think DVC objects to II membership per se, just they are not going to be a party to it. And as such, one cannot trade their weeks within II but outside DVC MS. One CAN trade through Independent exchanges companies including Dial an Exchange Europe. Frankly, I wish DVC would just become a regular member of II, it would be to my and your advantage but not to the minimal user.

Halo said:
I think you are being a bit harsh - just looking at Marriott resorts in Europe for example there is a week at Marriott DLP available as a Getaway and a week at Marriott Playa Adaluza (see attached) presently available as Getaways.
Getaways do tend to be off season, undesirable or short notice. But if you can travel in times when others can't or are willing to buck the trends, one can do quite well. One could live at HH in a top Marriott from Nov to March for less than the cost of the maint fees per week overall.

The following info comes directly from the DVC MEMBER GETAWAYS DISCLOSURE GUIDE ABOUT THE II EXCHANGE PROGRAM.

page 4 #1
DVCMC maintains a corporate membership in the II exchange program... Each DVC member is allowed to participatein the II exchange program by virtue of DVCMC's corporate participation, without being individual II members.
It does go on to say that DVC reserves the right to enroll members individually unless the member objects. Direct proof from the title that Member Getaways for DVC are different that II getaways (rentals) as well as confirmation that being a DVC member does not entitle one to join II directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter