Question about Florida rates

jekajekalynn

DIS Veteran
Hi, :flower:
My dm is going with us again next year on our 3rd annual family Disney trip, and she lives in Florida. I was wondering since she is going along with us, can she reserve a room with Florida rates that we all (3 adults, 1 toddler) can stay that even though my dh and I are not FL residents? TIA!!! :cool1:

I think it works the same way as an AP.

if you sister is going and has proof of being a Florida resident - then yes everyone can get the discount.

I think it is good for 3 rooms.

check with CRO they will tell you.

I'm going in Oct, my parents are FL residents, I booked 2 rooms, then asked if I have to have my ressies cancelled and have my dad book the 2 rooms to get the FL ressie rate... she said no, but that dad would have to check in, prove his resident status (he has a FL Driver's license, so no problem!) and that the discount would apply to our 2 rooms!!

PS FL Resident Rate codes have not come out past Aug 26... yet!!

How does the discount work? Do I have to get my dm to reserve the rooms right when the rates go out for fear that they will sell out? Or are the rates like AAA , where one just can book any time and just mention to the CM when reserving "Ohh BTW, I'm a Florida resident" and get a discounted room?

From my many calls and talks to CRO (I use the 800#828-0228) They have assured me that I can keep my reservations as is... I have 2 rooms booked at POFQ at regular rack rate... my parents name is on the reservation (as is my dh, dd, and me! 5 of us, 2 rooms - you know the extra adult in your room will be charged I think $25 a night???)

anyway... I'm watching for the Florida Resident code for October, I even called today concerning the AP rates are out for Oct, what about Florida res.? and btw the Florida rate can be applied to this reservation right? and the answer is always "yes" just make sure your dad checks in with his proof of residency and both of your rooms get the Fl Rate.

I've also been paying off the current rate, and I asked if the "extra" money will be put on our reservations for use while at Disney, she said, no problem, they will either issue a refund, or keep it on the reservation for check in!!

hth (I know I'm too wordy)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter