Question about going to Disney World with my transgender daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the new dress code guidelines, like the relaxed hair and nail polish rules, I have seen many cast members I would describe as presenting as non-binary. To me, this is an intentional choice on the part of Disney.

It's not like she's buying ammo at the Florida Wal Mart, she's at an expensive theme park, where mostly everyone is worried about themselves. Disney has the cameras of Vegas, heck more, because every guest is filming too. I wouldn't be worried about violence or something like that.

I think you missed the "or anything else" part of my writing. It literally means all things. If I had to list out everything my post would have gone on forever. Don't be so sensitive.

And yes it is propaganda. So what if they have that bill? How many people have been denied care? I doubt most physicians or nurses care about the bill. The ones that do don't have to treat you and then you will have a different medical provider. All of this is over blown. Aside from a case where you are in need of immediate medical care no one should have to treat someone they don't want to. Physicians do it all the time. So that is nothing new. This is just propaganda against Florida trying to scare people and take down DeSantis politically.

If someone doesn't feel comfortable don't go. That is always your choice but feelings aren't always based on facts.
I apologize, I did miss the “or anything else” part of your earlier post. But I’m appalled that you think it’s fine that a medical care provider can refuse to provide care and not provide a referral. And the law hasn’t gone into effect yet, so thats why there are no stories yet.

If someone needs medical care, thats enough to worry about without also have to wonder if the personal prejudices of the doctor or nurse in front of them will cause them to not provide assistance.

And yes I said “prejudice”. All of those people claiming religious freedom to deny services always seem to focus on gay marriage. They never seem to worry about anything else. I haven’t heard stories about “I can’t make your wedding cake because you’ve been divorced”, or “I can’t make your cake because you had a child before you got married”. Nope, it’s only ever “my religion doesn’t believe in gay marriage so no cake for you.” Why do people blame God for their bigotry? God loves ALL of his children. How dare people ascribe so much hate to our creator? So, yes, I call it bigotry.

I apologize, I did miss the “or anything else” part of your earlier post. But I’m appalled that you think it’s fine that a medical care provider can refuse to provide care and not provide a referral. And the law hasn’t gone into effect yet, so thats why there are no stories yet.

If someone needs medical care, thats enough to worry about without also have to wonder if the personal prejudices of the doctor or nurse in front of them will cause them to not provide assistance.

And yes I said “prejudice”. All of those people claiming religious freedom to deny services always seem to focus on gay marriage. They never seem to worry about anything else. I haven’t heard stories about “I can’t make your wedding cake because you’ve been divorced”, or “I can’t make your cake because you had a child before you got married”. Nope, it’s only ever “my religion doesn’t believe in gay marriage so no cake for you.” Why do people blame God for their bigotry? God loves ALL of his children. How dare people ascribe so much hate to our creator? So, yes, I call it bigotry.
This. I think the new law is to codify prejudice.

@Suz333, don't waste your breath. Tink is a troll that has been going around and inserting her homophobia and prejudice all over other threads as well. Her views are ridiculous and never contribute anything helpful to the conversation. Why she chooses to invade the LGBTQ section of these boards with her nonsense is beyond me. She is certainly not an ally and not worth arguing with. Have a blessed day.
I wondered. Thanks for updating us, As I’m new to this specific forum. It definitely sounded like baiting.

I did get some troll vibes, but I generally prefer to think someone is being a little obtuse in the moment ( we all have our moments) instead of purposely rude and disruptive. There’s possibly a chance to educate someone.

So Tink, what are you doing here? Go ahead, tell us what you are trying to add to the conversation?

If you answer with something lame like, “I was trying to add a different perspective “, well, as I already said, that’s lame. You don’t think we have already heard that BS perspective every day of our lives?

Someone I actually care about said something dumb recently about indoctrination, and I had to point out to her that society has been trying to indoctrinate me my entire life to be straight (which clearly didn’t take), so could straight people stop worrying that their kids will suddenly turn gay if they hear the word? And if the kid does realize they’re gay, well, they weren’t straight to begin with! Nobody is trying to turn anyone gay. We just prefer people not hate themselves and other people to stop treating people like crap and lesser than.

Some days I think I need to start my own church. A church where the premise is that we’re supposed to help each other while we’re on this planet. I’ve had two epiphanies in my life, and two moments of what I will call grace, because I don’t have another word. During the moments of grace, I shared God’s love for every person. It was amazing. It was short lived (although basically an ok person, I’m not one of those intrinsically kind benevolent folks), and I unfortunately can’t bring back the feeling just by trying to, but I experienced it twice, and I feel extremely blessed. The part of me that remembers more shakes my head at the bigotry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter