Question about good day to go to Magic Kingdom

Disney Forever

Disney Fanatic
Hi everyone,

I have a question that I hope someone can help me sort out.

I am going to Walt Disney World May 5 - 9th with my DW, DD - 11 and DS - 9.

I was thinking to do go to Epcot on Sunday and on Monday do Magic Kingdom. I know most people say not to go to MK on the weekends because its busier due to the locals going on the weekends (which makes sense to me).

What I don't understand is that when I went over to Underovertourist's web site and looked at their crowd calendar, and it says that Sunday, May 7, is a better day to go to MK and NOT Monday, May 8. Since I only have a few days there I want to try and go on the days that are less busy.

Anyone have any suggestions which day of those 2 should I go to Epcot and MK.

Thank you in advance for all your help

Nathan

Monday's are generally considered one of the "worst" days (along with Saturdays) because most people start their vacations off on Sundays and MK is usually the first park they head to.

We had a fantastic experience going to MK on a Sunday recently. It is generally busy there everyday but if you go at rope drop and have a plan you can maximize your time before becoming overwhelmed with crowds. Mornings are awesome there :) I'd pick a Sun over a Mon every time.

saturday and monday I try to avoid MK. before the party nights started my all time favorite mk time was sunday nights, when it was still staying opened until 11 or midnight. since your talking may, it might be back to that schedule by the time your here. now earlier sunday, weekend crowded but it seems to clear out earlier in the evening for a dream amount of crowd after that.

OK, this will sound silly, and won't help much, but I can't help it: Any day is a good day to go to the Magic Kingdom. Can I go tomorrow? ;)

We generally try to avoid a park with extra magic hours... and we typically Do go to MK on a Monday... so who knows
I think it's just always a toss up.
Wherever you head... have an AWEsome time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter