Question about kids at Ohana

'Ohana is not really that good anyway. If you decide to cancel you're not missing anything. I think with a light eating kid, a-la carte meals are better options. I have triplets and my two girls, even at 10 years old really don't eat that much. Having to pay for all of them as Disney adults last year was a real eye opener. At least our son has a big appetite.
I have to disagree with ya on that one. Ohana is a must do for our gang. I'll admit it can be hit or miss on the freshness and quality of the food but 9 times out of 10 we find it amazing! The bread pudding is worth the price alone. lol

at any all you care to eat places and that is most character meals also you will pay no matter how much or little you eat. know this is not what you wanted to hear but it is that way. even if you bring her food in she is charged when she comes in with your group. it is going to be your call if you want to eat there. we were in the same situation a few years ago with granddaughter who was/still is very picky. her parents plus rest of group all wanted to eat there so we went and paid the price for her to eat a bowl of mac and cheese. at least everyone was happy so we paid and enjoyed our meal
Yeah I knew the character meals were set up that way but I didn't think Ohana would be since it doesn't include any characters. Pretty disappointing but I've come to expect to be overcharged for everything at WDW these days.

I would save Ohana for another trip. We took it off our list when our kid went through his not eating a lot phase. We also rethought a lot of our dining choice based on the kids ages and habits. When they were toddlers they were big lunch eaters so we did mainly lunch for sit-downs.

Yeah I knew the character meals were set up that way but I didn't think Ohana would be since it doesn't include any characters. Pretty disappointing but I've come to expect to be overcharged for everything at WDW these days.
the pricing is true at any place you pay by age at Disney not just character meals and not just Ohana

'Ohana is All You Care to Eat. Like all other AYCTE and family-style meals, they charge a fixed price per person no matter how much or little anyone eats.

the pricing is true at any place you pay by age at Disney not just character meals and not just Ohana
And it's not just at Disney. The buffets and fixed price places in the city where I live charge according to age or (child's) height for everyone who is at the table.

also true for my area but most have an age of 4 to start and most go to age 12
Wow that's wild. Around here you can usually just say, "She already ate" or "She's not eating tonight" and they won't charge for her to sit there and color.

I guess this thread is probably a "moo" point lol Looks like the whole world is shutting down now and we won't be going.

I guess this thread is probably a "moo" point lol Looks like the whole world is shutting down now and we won't be going.
Find a grass skirt and a long skewer and you can do Ohana at home.

I think Disney knows that most 3 year olds do not get their money's worth at buffets/AYCTE. The difference between Disney restaurants and the outside world is that popular Disney restaurants are at 100% capacity all the time--so your 3 year old is taking a seat that an adult could have. Also, sadly, I'm sure there are a lot of people that would lie to avoid paying and just eat off their companion's plate, which keeps getting refilled because it is AYCTE. Like the people who lie to the manager to get out of payment of auto-gratuities on parties of 6 or more by saying that the waitress didn't tell them about it (I always did) or that I gave them the wrong food or something (when that was not true). You have no idea how many people enjoy "gaming the system" to get out paying for stuff.

Buffets and AYCE places are definitely not for everybody. The same way that your 3-year old eats a chicken wing and is done, my petite 12-year old vegetarian will eat a bowl of noodles and be done, and yes, she’s charged as an adult. That would be $55, plus tax and tip at Ohana.

In our last trip (just my DD and I), we opted to go to Cali Grill. She got one of her favorite sushi rolls ($28) and creme brûlée ($12), and that saved me over a fixed price meal that would not have been as good.

Buffets and AYCE places are definitely not for everybody. The same way that your 3-year old eats a chicken wing and is done, my petite 12-year old vegetarian will eat a bowl of noodles and be done, and yes, she’s charged as an adult. That would be $55, plus tax and tip at Ohana.

In our last trip (just my DD and I), we opted to go to Cali Grill. She got one of her favorite sushi rolls ($28) and creme brûlée ($12), and that saved me over a fixed price meal that would not have been as good.
doesn't work for my large group as rest of group wants to eat at ohana so we pay it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter