Question About Late October Availability

gppnj

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I am going to be visiting WDW in October 2006, and so will a close friend of mine and some of his family members. I booked my room (a studio at VWL) yesterday. I will have the points to spare, so it looks like I will be booking a DVC room for my friend and his family. (I can't afford to be giving away that many points, but I am willing to rent to them at an attractive price.)

They will be seven people total, so a two-bedroom unit is most appropriate for them. I could *guarantee* them a two-bedroom unit by booking it now at VWL, where I own. However, they're not 100% ready to commit yet, and they'd prefer a lower-cost unit if possible. Therefore, I was thinking a two-bedroom at OKW would be ideal. (I showed my friends some the photos of a two-bedroom at OKW on allearsnet.com, and he was a amzed.) I'd be able to book that in late March.

I know BCV and BWV are very crowded in late October and difficult for non-owners to get. However, how is OKW at that time? Are my chances of getting a two-bedroom unit for five nights good? And if OKW turns out to be unavailable, I'd almost certainly be able to get SSR (which would cost 25 more points for the whole stay), right? I'd just like to be reasonably confident that I'll be able to get them something.

IMHO, if you call right at the 7 month mark, you should be able to get either OKW or SSR. I really don't think it will be a problem -

Best wishes -

P.S. I also think you could get BCV or BWV (but not standard view) at 7 months. I'd recommend calling day by day for either of these resorts. But since you are looking for a less expensive option, OKW is the way to go.

CarolMN said:
P.S. I also think you could get BCV or BWV (but not standard view) at 7 months. I'd recommend calling day by day for either of these resorts. But since you are looking for a less expensive option, OKW is the way to go.

I also wouldn't have the points for the more-expensive option unless I borrowed, and I'd rather not have to do that because then I'd be stuck with the points if they canceled.

But I'm glad you think OKW will be available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter