Question about making payments

Mjasp

DIS Veteran
I am booked through DCL directly. I would like to start making payments on my cruise via online. I would like to use my MasterCard which would deduct the money from my checking account as its an ATM with the MC logo. I put my deposit down using my regular Visa credit card. My question is...Can I use my MasterCard (debit) to make payments? And then when I check in at the terminal give my regular Visa card for shipboard expenses?

Thanks
Joanna

Yup!:D It doesn't matter what credit card that you pay for the cruise with, you can use a different one for charging while you are on the ship. Not a problem at all...

I'll give you my reservation # too and you can pay monthly on mine also - LOL!!!

Great Idea BTW - I am also booked directly through DCL - but may transfer booking to AAA to get the free soda mugs.

Ginny

sure about 2004 yet . What I did last time was wait til January 2002 and then inquired about the mugs - when they told me they were offering them for 2002 - I transferred it. Didnt cost me anything and I got 4 free soda mugs (would have cost $35 each to buy on board).

But.. if they arent giving me the soda mugs I would rather just keep my reservation directly with Disney so I have control over it and I dont have to go through a TA for everything.

My sentiments exactly. I don't know if soda mugs are worth giving up control. Don't we sound like control freaks LOL

Joanna

Yes we most definately sound like control freaks.. LOL

My husband says I am the best person to go on vacation with cause I always have all the important stuff preplanned and I always research where we go to make sure we dont miss anything good.

All he has to do is pack his clothes (well OK I'll admit it - I put together "suggested outfits" but he does get final approval- LOL).

Ginny

Ginny...Funny you say that, as my DH tells me you are such a planner and I reply, You do enjoy every one of your vacations, don't you. How do you think that happens? LOL

Joanna

Joanna - are you by any chance a VIRGO - I am and I know that is a trait most Virgo's have.

Ginny

Not sure you can make partial payments on-line. When you go to your reservation and press make payment it will show the full balance due and not allow you to change it. I made several payments before the 60 day period and had to call the Castaway Club and do them over the phone. I was able to make the final payment on-line. You might want to call and check on this.

OH Thanks Karen, I will have to call them and ask DCL. When I saw the link, make a payment I just assumed you could make payments on line. There isn't a box or line where you can put how much you want to pay? I guess not or you would have done it. I never clicked on the link though.

No Ginny, I am Sagittarius

Thanks
Joanna

Why make payments ahead of time? You're giving them free use of your money. Instead open a vacation savings account (no cost to you), and make payment to yourself! You'll make a little bit of interest, and you'll maintain control of your money.

I have a vacation fund already. But I figure if I throw them a hundred bucks a month when I do my bills, I would use my vacation fund for air and on board expenses. You have a good point though.

Thanks
Joanna

Joanna,

Iwas able to make a partial payment through DCL online yesterday. Just fill in the amount you want to pay! This wasn't even an option last week, because I checked my reservation last week.

Lynn

Originally posted by DMOMof3
Joanna,

Iwas able to make a partial payment through DCL online yesterday. Just fill in the amount you want to pay! This wasn't even an option last week, because I checked my reservation last week.

Lynn

This must be a new feature of the DCL online booking site and, in my opinion, a LONG overdue one!

Thanks for pointing it out Lynn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter