Question about "Natural" Christmas Decorations - anyone able to help?

WVParrothead

Earning My Ears
We will be at Fort Wilderness from December 17-29.

I thought it would be nice to decorate some of the trees around our site with natural
Christmas decorations like bird seed ornaments and popcorn garland.

My only concern with doing this is that I'm afraid I will awaken to find the entire bird population of Florida on my site.

Has anyone else decorated with bird seed decorations? What happened?

I do not want to be a problem for neighboring sites and attract lots of unwanted animals, but I'm hoping the animals understand "moderation".

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I have never tried to do the natural thing. I usually just bring x-mas lights and my Disney stuff, but I think you might be on to something. Heck, what better way to get back to nature. My only concern would be that you would wake up a day or two after you have put them up and they have disappeared and then you would have no decorations at your site. Their are an abundent amount of squirrles, birds and armidillo's that will eat your stuff, so why not do a mix of both. That way when your natural stuff is gone it won't matter cause you'll still have other stuff up that the Fort Wilderness creatures won't eat!LOL! You could do things like...have natural grape wreath's hanging with fake pine combs and berries decorating it (which is non-ediable, but still natural). How about using pinecombs or fake berries as a garland. You could add things like pinecombs rolled in peanut butter and nuts and hang them on trees along with some ornaments. Anyway, have fun with it....I think your on to something great!

Mmketeer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter