Question about tipping

shari2shop

Cinderella is proof that shoes can change a girl's
Okay... I admit that we only travel about once a year. I feel very awkard about tippping!

QUESTION #1
Who do I tip???
I know these people but am I leaving someone out?
maids, food servers, Mears driver

QUESTION #2
How much is appropriate to tip?
Maids - $1 per person per night
food servers - 15% more or less depending on service
Mears driver - $1 per bag
Am I way off on these amounts???

QUESTION #3
How do I tip??
Maid - each morning or at the end? Where do I leave it?
food servers - Alright to leave on table or do I send it with food payment?
Mears driver - Stick it in his hand?? I feel so silly doing that!!

Also we have PS at Rose and Crown to see the Illuminations fireworks. I want to tip the lady who sets us if she gives us a good seat. Do I tip her before she seats us in hopes it will 'buy' a good seat or tip her after she seats us as a reward for the seat?

ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS ON TIPPING WOULD BE GREAT!!!

Shari (the one who feels funny pressing folded money into peoples hands!)

I'm assuming you're flying. If so, you need to tip the sky cap people about $1/bag if you give them your luggage.

If you get assistance with your luggage at the resort, you also tip them about $1/bag when they deliver your luggage. Basically, if anyone handles your luggage, you pay them.

You don't need to worry about tipping the valet since you're taking Mears. You should tip bartenders, hair dressers, and other service people.

As for when you tip, tip the housekeeping staff each day. You may not have the same housekeeper each day.

Yes, you put the money in the driver's hand. Just say "thank you" and hand him the money.

If you charge your restaurant purchases, you can add the tip to the receipt that you sign. Otherwise, you can leave the money on the table, or you can just give the right amount of money and leave. For example, if the ticket is $25, you can just give the server at least $30 and leave.

Personally, I wouldn't tip the person who seats you at Rose and Crown. That's usually only done at more expensive restaurants.

There may be other people that you tip, but I can't think of any offhand.

Thanks kecall for the link to the housekeeping envelope site. It is great! I definately plan to do that!

Thanks Kermit for all the info about tipping. I feel a little more confident about who and how much to tip.

Thanks!!!!

Shari

:D

On my last trips to the World, sit down restaurants added the 15% tip automatically to the bill. For excellent service we left more on the table when leaving.

I usually tip as follows:

Questions 1 & 2:
sky cap: $1/bag
Mears Driver: $1/bag (because they load and unload the luggage)
Person at the resort who take you to the room: $1/bag
Maids: Whatever we think is appropriate

Question 3:
sky cap, Mears Driver, person at the resort I just give it to them after they get through handling my luggage
Maids leave it for them on our last day before we go to check out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter