Question about Universal Express

HauntedMansionFan

Yes, I am crazy.
Universal Express is Universal's version of Diney's FastPass. Do they still offer this. The last time I went was to IOA over a year ago and they were having problems with the dispenser machines. They actually had employees handing out the tickets at each booth. They weren't even checking passes, just handing them out like candy!! It made for some very long lines in the Express return line because you could make a circle of the whole park, get a pass for every ride, and then circle around and use the pass. There was no order to it at all!! Then I remember reading an article in Newsweek about how Disney had a patent on a certain operating procedure and that Universal had to stop doing their Express program because of it. I'm not talking about the Express program for Universal resort guests, I'm talking about the program for every day guests. Does anyone know if Universal still does their FastPass type system?

Well, I was there in Aug and it
was working great.
I hope nothing has happened
to it , as it sure saves a lot of
time.

Just tested Express machines couple weeks ago and they're working fine!
You're given 2 time frames to choose from, and you can't receive another one until you've either used that Pass or the time frame you selected has gone by.
And yes, I did experiment on trying to receive multiple Passes on one card (an AP), all in the name of science mind you. Tried different machines & still got rejected. So the Express machines are fine-tuned now. It is a nice system for all tic holders. I did give that Express Pass away since I had my magic PBH card!
In all fairness, the Disney Fastpass worked out well for us at MGM during Christmas too. Just wish we'd had a choice of time frames.
Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter