Question for Delta/Comair Regional jet flyers

jimmytammy

<font color=purple>Swivel, it's a hard habit to br
I have tried to get through to Delta with no luck so who better to ask than those who have actually flown on these Comair regional jets. My question: How many carryons and how many under plane will they allow per person. We like to carry our laptop computer with us and kids like to carry a bag also. We have only flown on larger planes so not sure about this situation.

Thanks for replies!!

We have flown the Comair regional jets a couple times from Greensboro to Orlando....you are allowed the same number of bags but the allowed carry on bag size is much smaller than your probably used to as the over head bins are smaller. Laptops and smaller bags will fit without a problem - wheeled carry-on's generally won't fit.

If you get to the gate with a carry on too big for the bin, you will be asked to check it as you board the plane - as you exit the plane, the checked carry-on's will be brought to the plane's stairs where you can pick them up and then proceed to baggage claim for your checked luggage. Since the Comair jets are smaller, you have to walk down steps from the jetway to ground level and back up the plane's stairs. At Orlando, you actually walk to the plane at ground level. These stairs can make traveling with larger carry-on's somewhat of a burden.

Hope this helps.

Hey, we're flying on one of Delta's Comair jets for the first time this Jan. How much smaller are they than a "standard" passenger jet? (i.e. approx. how many people does it hold?) When we booked, I didn't realize there was much of a difference!
Thanks,
Karla B. aka nervous flyer!

The Comair Regional Jets that fly from Greensboro, NC to Orlando hold 50 people. Two rows of two seats - 13 rows one side, 12 on the other and 1 flight attendant.

They are 50 passenger jets. Very friendly service. Yes, they gate check most any bag and it's really a great service.

I fly with them on Friday and I was worried about the size as well. This express plane is a bit smaller than the Delta express I flew on a couple of years ago.

So if I get to the gate and my rolling bag is too large they will just gate check it? I know it's small enough for regular flights but I am worried I would have to go back and check it if it was too large. I have an e ticket and am planning on checking in online before I leave home so I can just go through security. Any tips?

That is absolutely correct. I fly those types planes quite frequently and that is how that works. There is an agent standing right there with the pink planeside check cards and attaches one to your bag and hands you a stub right before you board.

As you get off the plane, all the planeside checked luggage is right there on a cart and you grab yours as you go inside the terminal.

I wanted to calm your fears a little. This will be our 1st experience on a smaller jet. Believe me I did a lot of checking about these planes before I booked. On these boards I got a lot of feedback which was all very positive, in fact some even said they preferred these jets over larger ones. They felt more comfortable, they seemed quiter, etc. I remember comments like that. Hope that eases some fear.

Thanks for that post! It's reassuring to hear the comments you received and your post helps me feel better about it!
Karla B.

I wouldn't hesitate to take Comair jets. I don't care for turbo-props though.

Peggy

I used Delta/Comair this past weekend and was very pleased. I was a little worried about the size but the flight was very smooth. I was able to gate check my carryon before boarding the plane. There was someone there with a cart and they were very helpful. You just picked your bag off the cart when you got off the plane. On the return flight I checked two bags, I spent too much on souveniers ;), and it was painless as well.

We flew Delta/Comair regional jet today and it was great! The whole flight was smooth from start to finish. In fact we thought it was smoother than any flight we had ever been on bigger jets before> I will definitely book this type flight again.

I've flown Comair several dozen times within the past few years for business, and I definitely prefer the Canadair regional jet (that's what Comair uses) over many of the larger jets, such as the 737 or 757. The plane is fairly small, and the twin engines are actually very powerful compared with the size of the plane. Very smooth flights. Definitely much less turbulence than some larger jets.
Also, because the plane only holds 50 passengers, loading and unloading of the plane is much faster than on a 200+ passenger jet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter