Question for Teppanyaki Experts!

cd&kids

DIS Veteran
How would you rate this restaurant? There is a Japanese steak house where we live and they cook the meals on a grill right in front of you at your table. Is that what they do here?
Whether they do or not, how would you rate the food...the atmosphere...the "kid's-likeability-ratio?"
Thanks!!

Originally posted by cd&kids
How would you rate this restaurant? There is a Japanese steak house where we live and they cook the meals on a grill right in front of you at your table. Is that what they do here?
Whether they do or not, how would you rate the food...the atmosphere...the "kid's-likeability-ratio?"
Thanks!!

That is what they do. We have four kids and they love it and are treated very well. It is one of our favorite WDW restaurants. The food quality is outstanding and you get to watch it prepared right in front of you. I was impressed with the sushi as well as the food prepared on the grill. We are going back again on February 22.

HBC

One of our family's favorite places. I think we've been there at least 5 times now. Our kids really like it. They have fun with the chopsticks. Portions are filling and lunch is less expensive but with the same presentation. Have fun if you try it.

First let me say that I have never eaten at any other Teppan table restaurant.

That said...DH & I love the place! It is a must do every trip. We have been seated with children before and they seem to really enjoy themselves. We are planning on taking out nieces their for our upcoming trip.

Yes they cook everything on your table/grill. We usually get them seafood combo with shrimp, lobster and scallops, but here is steak and chicken on the menu as well. You will get a little salad with very yummy ginger dressing. Dinner comes with rice and assortment of japanese veggies. I would recommend you trying it.

It's good, but it's no more special than any of the Japanese steak houses opening up all over the place.

We've gone there and it is the same as our local Japanese restaurant. We used to eat at lunch time, which made the price reasonable. And my children really enjoyed the steak. However, I've been reading some posts over the last few weeks that report recent changes....lunch prices are the same as dinner, no salad is included, and steak is no longer on the children's menu. It's enough to make me try some other restaurants/food that are not available in my area.

Believe it or not, my children are asking to go back to Marrakesh. The steak kabobs are excellent and my daughter's hoping to dance with the belly dancer again. It's a hoot watching her practice!

HTH!;)

This is my family's favorite place at Disney since my kids were 5 and 7. This last trip was the best yet - I have never had shrimp taste as good as they did in Dec. We don't get fresh shrimp in OH.

8 Thumbs up from my family! We all love Teppanyaki! My kids got a kick out of the origami animals the servers made for them while we waited for our table. They also liked using the chopsticks, loved the show and they ACTUALLY ATE!!! They shared grilled chicken and veggies/rice and the server was kind enough to bring them BOTH ice cream even though they shared a kids meal!

I've been to other Teppan restaurants and they all rate about the same...but Teppanyaki is "Disney-fied"! LOL

Have fun!

the place is very entertaining for kids. my kids were so behaved at this place, so i could really enjoy my meal

They do cook your meals right in front of you. There are 8 people seated per table. The chefs are very intertaining. My kids liked the food, but mostly just the rice. Like kookerella, my kids were well behaved enough to sit and let me enjoy my meal.:)

Personally, I think the food needs to be more seasoned though.

We love this place...always yummy. We were just there the beginning of February and the meal does not come with soup or salad anymore :( You can order the salad with the yummy ginger dressing but you will have to pay for it! You really don't need it anyway, you get so much food.

:sunny:

Wow, I can't believe they got rid of the soup and salad. :mad: I can't believe they make you pay extra!! Yeesh..

Our chef was fabulous. She paid a lot of attention to our kids. She made a Mickey out of some onions she was grilling and also made a shrimp move and pretended like it was Nemo. My 7-year-old loved it. Both of my kids ate pretty well. It is a must on every trip. My only complaint (very minor) was that there was no soy sauce out to use on my rice. It was one of the best meals of our trip.:D

My family must be in the minority in regards to here. We're lucky enough to have 2 different Japanese restaurants here in Naples that are great and when we lived in New York there were also a few. That being said, the one at Disney is no longer one of our favorites. I find the food to be on the blander side here than the other places we go and we always feel so rushed. I feel the prices are high, especially now that they've done away with the salad and soup. Come on, how much can iceberg lettuce and some carrots cost them and the soup is mainly broth. It's one place that we don't frequent anymore though we do eat sushi at in the lounge on almost every visit.

And the shrimp they use in frozen so you can try and make it yourself. It's very, very rare to get fresh shrimp anywhere.

Teppanyaki is one of our favorites, and we've eaten there many times. That being said, I'm really unhappy about the price increase, so we may not eat there quite as much in the future.

Soup did not come with the meal at lunch -- maybe that was dinner only, but I loved the salad and can't believe they've dropped that. My kids didn't like the dressing, so I always requested that they be given the same fresh fruit as their little brother instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter