Question for those who book through AAA

stacie_d

Mouseketeer
We just booked a package through AAA for the first time. We have always went directly though disney before.

We received a letter from AAA local office today. In the letter, the AAA lady says the balance on the package is due in their office no later than April 1 and that "documents" will arrive in their office 10-14 prior to departure.

Our trip is scheduled for June 11-19. This seems kinda strange to me. From all of the info I have seen, payments are dur 45 days prior. Also, is the final payment made to AAA at the local office? Honestly, I was hoping to never step foot in that office again. The workers were extremely rude, and actually called us the next day to advise my husband on the proper way to make reservations!

Anyways, does this sound typical?

Thanks for any help!

That's why I don't like package deals...paying 45 days out!!! What if's happen all the time and you will be locked in at that point and why let them have your money before you get there? Just doesn't work for me.
Anyway I always call WDW direct and ask for AAA rates myself.
And Yes...the balance is paid directly to AAA at the local office.

Good luck

Well, what I am actually asking is why, if it is due 45 days before, they are trying to get it like 70 some days before.

I am fine with 45 days.

oops misread...sorry brain dead moment... I don't get the 70+ days at all!! Did you ask about that?

no, not explicitly. I put the dates there, but I am having one of those days...

And this is only tuesday...This is going to be a long week! :rotfl:

Here is how my AAA agent explained it to me.....the balance of your package price is due in at Disney 45 days prior (to the WDWTC)...so in order for AAA to get your payment and transfer funds they ask for a little lead time, so instead of having the $$ in to them exactly 45 days they need an extra week or so to be safe

Sounds like you have the TA from %$@** and they are being a little anxious for the payment (50 or even 55 days sounds resonable to me, but 75 or 80 seems a bit excessive)...if you call them on it I think they would have to give you more time.

Momof2 sort of missed the fact that since this is a package you booked, not a room only reservation it would have to be paid in full 45 days prior to arrival even if you did book through WDWTC directly and the ONLY way you can get the AAA discount on the package is to book through AAA....you can get the room only discount through CRO directly but for a package if you want the AAA discount you must book it through AAA.

I have always booked directly with Disney, but this time I did go through AAA because it would save us >$250....so I figured it was worth it. The first local agent I talked to was not all that knowledgeable or helpful, so I got them to find me a much nocer, more informed agent that has been very helpful.

Hope you can find someone a little more reasonable....don't be afraid to ask for another agent.

stacie_d said:
We just booked a package through AAA for the first time. We have always went directly though disney before.

We received a letter from AAA local office today. In the letter, the AAA lady says the balance on the package is due in their office no later than April 1 and that "documents" will arrive in their office 10-14 prior to departure.

Our trip is scheduled for June 11-19. This seems kinda strange to me. From all of the info I have seen, payments are dur 45 days prior. Also, is the final payment made to AAA at the local office? Honestly, I was hoping to never step foot in that office again. The workers were extremely rude, and actually called us the next day to advise my husband on the proper way to make reservations!

Anyways, does this sound typical?

Thanks for any help!

The AAA agent I used gave me the same requirements that WDTC lists, $200 to book, and balance due 45 days before arrival. I plan to make my final payment with my Disney Visa, 48 days in advance, thereby getting my Disney Dollars to use while we are at WDW AND no interest on the balance (Disney Visa offer) for 6 months and then paying it in full before it generates a dollar in interest. This way I am paid in advance, i get my Disney Dollars before we get to WDW AND I am keeping 90% of my money in MY bank account for at least 4 months after our trip. There ARE ways to work the system legitimately and without begging for codes (which, believe me, I thought about doing!)

:moped:

I have asked this a couple times but with no reply...sorry to repetitive on this board! What do the MYW tickets look like? Are they the same as all others? Could I trade them up to a 10 day? I want a 10 day but AAA only goes up to the 7day!

TIA

Carrie Ellis said:
I have asked this a couple times but with no reply...sorry to repetitive on this board! What do the MYW tickets look like? Are they the same as all others? Could I trade them up to a 10 day? I want a 10 day but AAA only goes up to the 7day!

TIA
AAA thru Chicago says they can go as many as 10 days on the package- my understanding is that they arent really tickets you will get- it will be thru your roomcard--or at least that is what I have been told. Here is the number for AAA chicago travel-maybe they can help you--
AAA Chicago Internet Travel Consultant
630-328-7232-Phone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter