• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question regard Islands of Adventure

gottaluvpooh

Mouseketeer
Dumb question - But I heard all this park was is roller coasters?
Is this true? What about for someone who loves parks, some coasters but not a real lot. Is it worth going?

Please convince me of what is there to keep me busy as well.
Thanks

The park consists of several coasters....
1) Hulk - a steel launched coaster (one of the best in the world)
2) Dueling Dragons - 2 different dueling inverted coasters
3) The Flying Unicorn - a family coaster

That's it! The rest of the park is flume rides (Jurassic Park River Adventure, Ripsaw Falls), Popeyes River Raft ride, Dr. Doom's Fearfall, Cat in the Hat (a dark ride), Spiderman, and several other great rides and shows. There is plenty to do for everyone, though it is definatly geared more towards adults, teenagers, and thrill seekers.

Jim

There are plenty of other things to do besides the roller coasters. (although the coasters are fantastic). The theming of the park is wonderful and there are shows and non-coaster rides in all of the lands.

Go and have a great time!!

IOA is a brilliantly designed park. It's absolutely gorgeous and a must see. You will love it.

I went with a friend who won't go near roller coasters and she definitely wants to go back. Enjoy the shows and other attractions. You'll love Seuss Landing!

We are visiting this year with DH, DM and DF. The only one that will go on coasters is DH. The three of us will not. My parents have never been to this park before and technically for them and myself it might be considered a little bit of a waste of money. HOWEVER, this park is the most gorgeous park I have EVER seen! There are a few attractions that we will be doing, but mostly walking around.

We plan on doing Poseidan's Fury, The Triceratop Encounter, the Barges and the stunt show. Other than that I don't think there is much we will do that day. The point being, that this park is stunning and just a beautiful place to be. Suess Landing is such a trip to walk around in. I loved it. Even though I wouldn't go on the cat in the hat because it spins. My parents will probably think it's a waste of money, but I paid for it for them, so they can't really complain that much! I really just wanted them to see it for it's beauty! Anyway, It wouldn't be so bad to have a really quiet day in the parks, not rushing around from one ride to the other. And if we get back early we can spend some time relaxing in the pool!!!!

My point being, go a least once and let yourself be the judge of what you think is important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter