Question

MissLiz

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

We are heading to San Diego for a short trip 3/31-4/4 and I'm trying to talk DH into a quick trip up to DL.

First, is it possible to tour DL in one day? I know we'll probaby have to miss some things, but will we feel like we've seen it? I know we are going to have to skip DCA, but I'm okay with that, I think.

Also, how is the Embassy Suites Anaheim South? It looks pretty close to DL and DH has a high status there, so we get a bunch of perks when we stay, so I'm willing to pay the extra money if it is pretty nice.

We just got back from WDW last Wednesday and I'm already trying to figure out how to get more Disney experiences!! I'm so addicted!!!!

Thanks for any info!!!!!

Editing to add yet another question: Will my DD4 need a stroller for the day or is it pretty easy to get around the park?

You can do DL in one day but you will miss things. You need 2-3 really. Personally I prefer at least 4 so I can take it slow. If you go to the Trip Report board there are 1 day trips described there, or search "one day trip" & see what you can find.

Never been to the Embassy Suites sorry.

I don't know of many 4 yo's who want to be in a stroller but there is a lot of walking and it can be spread out, there is the train and monorail to help with that. My DD went when she was 4, & she had no problems. We did take breaks & naps in the afternoon however. If I tried to put her in a stroller she would have looked at me like I lost my mind. :crazy:

Thanks MagicalMom!

I have been trying to talk DH into more days, but he is flat out refusing. I'm shocked he's even letting us do one day! We are only going to be in So Cal for 4 days total and I just can't pass up a chance to go to Disney.

DD didn't use a stroller at MK when we were there last week, so I'm assuming she won't need one at DL.

We are planning on driving from San Diego the night before so that we can be at the park early and then we are planning to stay all day. DD is right in between where she gets cranky without a nap, but she stays up really late if she has a nap. It's basically lose/lose on the nap thing, so we are going to take our chances.

Magical mom is right, 2/3 is better.You 'can' do a good amount if you go bell to bell.Hit the big attractions early. :thumbsup2
No clue on the Embassy. :confused3

Embassy South is VERY nice and is fairly close, within walking distance anyway.

We always take 3-4 days in the park because we like to take our time too.

I went in Late June for 1 day only. We rode a TON! But, we did get there early-8:00 and stayed pretty late-10:00. I was exhausted. Since you're goign during a very crowded time period you might have problems. Hit the big rides (Space, Matterhorn, Splash) before the lines get long. Use FP for others. I recommend Splash, Space, and Indy. Save high capacity rides for the middle of the day/afternoon such as Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Buzz Lightyear.

If your DD is not big on thrill rides definitely hit Fantasyland first. Unlike WDW Peter Pan and Winnie-the-Pooh do not have FP (although MAoWtP never needs it). Rides that get crowded fast that are popular with families are: Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Alice in Wonderland, Dumbo, Storybookland, Mad Tea Party, Autopia(FP), Astro Orbitor, Gadget's Go Coaster, Jungle Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter