Questions after 1st Disney Cruise

Scarlet_J

Mouseketeer
Just returned from our first Disney cruise on the 4 night Dream sailing! Just want to preface that we had a wonderful time and I am not trying to complain, but am just looking for feedback for the future. Some questions/observations:

1) I was really excited to dine at Animators Palate, but there was no entertainment. I can understand there might not have been live entertainment due to COVID (although Enchanted Garden had some entertainment), but there was no animation on the walls or anything. We just ate dinner and that was it. Is this normal?
2) I thought you had to wait until your character/color was called before you could exit the ship? I heard the announcement that disembarkation was commencing, but no other announcements. It seems people were just getting off whenever.
3) Is there no where to get snacks? We had late seating and would get hungry in the late afternoon. The only thing open was the grill by the pool and ice-cream. You could get fries, but nothing else felt like a snack to us. Maybe we missed it, but could you get chips, pretzels, fruit, or yogurt anywhere?

Just returned from our first Disney cruise on the 4 night Dream sailing! Just want to preface that we had a wonderful time and I am not trying to complain, but am just looking for feedback for the future. Some questions/observations:

1) I was really excited to dine at Animators Palate, but there was no entertainment. I can understand there might not have been live entertainment due to COVID (although Enchanted Garden had some entertainment), but there was no animation on the walls or anything. We just ate dinner and that was it. Is this normal?
2) I thought you had to wait until your character/color was called before you could exit the ship? I heard the announcement that disembarkation was commencing, but no other announcements. It seems people were just getting off whenever.
3) Is there no where to get snacks? We had late seating and would get hungry in the late afternoon. The only thing open was the grill by the pool and ice-cream. You could get fries, but nothing else felt like a snack to us. Maybe we missed it, but could you get chips, pretzels, fruit, or yogurt anywhere?
1. Crush (the show in AP) broke some time between night 3 of the March 18 3-night and second seating on night 2 of the March 21 4-night. (We we’re B2B.) It sounds like it might not be fixed yet.

2. On the small ships you usually have to wait. At PC though, the arrival hall is big enough to accommodate all the luggage so people just get off whenever.

3. Did you try room service? We like to order cheese plates, fruit bowls, and things like that in the afternoon. The other option is to grab chips or yogurt during a time that Cabanas is open and put them in your room. Cove Cafe also has snack like foods. While kids can’t go in, you could always go grab a plate and bring it to them.

1. Crush (the show in AP) broke some time between night 3 of the March 18 3-night and second seating on night 2 of the March 21 4-night. (We we’re B2B.) It sounds like it might not be fixed yet.

2. On the small ships you usually have to wait. At PC though, the arrival hall is big enough to accommodate all the luggage so people just get off whenever.

3. Did you try room service? We like to order cheese plates, fruit bowls, and things like that in the afternoon. The other option is to grab chips or yogurt during a time that Cabanas is open and put them in your room. Cove Cafe also has snack like foods. While kids can’t go in, you could always go grab a plate and bring it to them.

not to take this off-track, but when you mentioned cove cafe not allowing kids, it dawned on me that my granddaughter has been going in there since she was 14 and buying her ice coffee….oh my. She just turned 17 a few weeks ago. Though I’ve always considered her an old soul. She is 5’8” And looks older. Plus her room card would tell the CM she’s not an adult. My girl loves her ice coffee. I guess she never realized it as she wanders throughout the ship on her own. She knows about the adult pool areas, but probably never gave the cove cafe a second thought about age Restrictions. She’ll be back on the ship with us in 3 weeks.

not to take this off-track, but when you mentioned cove cafe not allowing kids, it dawned on me that my granddaughter has been going in there since she was 14 and buying her ice coffee….oh my. She just turned 17 a few weeks ago. Though I’ve always considered her an old soul. She is 5’8” And looks older. Plus her room card would tell the CM she’s not an adult. My girl loves her ice coffee. I guess she never realized it as she wanders throughout the ship on her own. She knows about the adult pool areas, but probably never gave the cove cafe a second thought about age Restrictions. She’ll be back on the ship with us in 3 weeks.

Was she going to Vista Cafe instead? That is the child-allowed option for a coffee bar. Because one day she could be asked to leave and directed there anyway.

Agree with PP that Vista allows kids and, on the small ships, the lounge outside of TP and RR have the same coffee set up as Cove.

You would not be the first adult who said an under-18 had been in Cove. Enforcement seems to vary a little in terms of entering, but they probably allowed it so long as she took her drink and left.

Was she going to Vista Cafe instead? That is the child-allowed option for a coffee bar. Because one day she could be asked to leave and directed there anyway.

maybe, but remember seeing her walking towards the cove cafe. she had a card that she got punched/marked and she went daily. even got her free one. She’s looked 18 since she was 12….no makeup, just her height and her maturity. It Was always to go. Does the Vista Cafe do the card too? I’m curious, May have to ask my daughter. This would’ve been the Fantasy

Last edited:
maybe, but remember seeing her walking towards the cove cafe. she had a card that she got punched/marked and she went daily. even got her free one. She’s looked 18 since she was 12….no makeup, just her height and her maturity. It Was always to go. Does the Vista Cafe do the card too? I’m curious, May have to ask my daughter.

I don't know. Since I'm an adult I've always only ever done Cove.

Just be aware that in the adult areas they CAN ask for the card at any time, even if she "looks 18". I've seen it done before. I'd just prepare her that one day they may not serve her if they look closely at the card.

I don't know. Since I'm an adult I've always only ever done Cove.

Just be aware that in the adult areas they CAN ask for the card at any time, even if she "looks 18". I've seen it done before. I'd just prepare her that one day they may not serve her if they look closely at the card.

she’s my laid back grandchild. Nothing bothers her. I just don’t think she even realizes it. She’s been on all 4 ships. And she knows about the adult pools. now on the ship they don’t even ask for your card, just your room number. She’s been tapped before. On the Magic you walk through the adult pool. She stopped at my chair to ask if I’d seen her mom. A pool guy told her she had to leave right away…sadly they are not like that now. On my last cruise we had pint size visitors in satellite falls daily with no one monitoring And no CM interaction. Even one kid climbing into the satellite pool.

she’s my laid back grandchild. Nothing bothers her. I just don’t think she even realizes it. She’s been on all 4 ships. And she knows about the adult pools. now on the ship they don’t even ask for your card, just your room number. She’s been tapped before. On the Magic you walk through the adult pool. She stopped at my chair to ask if I’d seen her mom. A pool guy told her she had to leave right away…sadly they are not like that now. On my last cruise we had pint size visitors in satellite falls daily with no one monitoring And no CM interaction. Even one kid climbing into the satellite pool.

Ugh. And then the next time they cruise if it's enforced, they'll raise a stink that the little dear was able to before.

We always used to get a bag of chips at Flo's to munch on while having cocktails at the Cove Bar, however sadly, they are gone. DH asked if they had any and was told he could order them from Room Service. Not really worth going back to your room and waiting when you are in the middle of a cocktail with your feet in the pool, LOL, but I took a mental note for next time. Order chips from room service in advance. ;)

They also had some small sandwiches at Flo's. We split 1, 1 day as a little snack. Id also consider 1 slice of pizza there a snack as they are pretty small.

We just got off the 3/28 Dream 4-night and Crush was working on our Animator’s night. We had Crush on night 2, then were back on night 3 for the pirate show. We were second seating. Not sure what happened there, but I’m sorry you didn’t get the show on your first sailing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter