Questions for early Alaskan cruisers!

Dreams is on the final night. They still do "Till we meet again" in the atrium later at night. I believe it was at 10pm.

Sorry if this was addressed already in the thread but according to the first post there are only 2 stage shows for the week. I was wondering why there would not be 3 like usual.

It only shows Golden Mickeys and Toy Story but I thought Disney Dream was supposed to also be showing onboard??

MJ

There were three with Dreams the last night.

For those who don't mind a little walk after the cruise, the Skytrain to the airport is very easy. The train station is not the one right off the terminal but about another block. It was only $11.25 for three of us and we arrived before the DCL transportation. I only know because we left the terminal at the same time as another family and were already at the counter of the airline when they arrived. This was a good choice for us because our son is 17.

According to the Navigators I've seen, Dreams plays on the final night, instead of Till We Meet Again.

Thanks.....Till We Meet Again is not a stage show but an event they do in the Atrium at about 10:00 where all the characters come out for a photo op so that probably is also still on the last night. Thanks again.

MJ

Dreams is on the final night. They still do "Till we meet again" in the atrium later at night. I believe it was at 10pm.

Thanks....I will update that post at the beginning of the thread.

So glad to hear Dreams is still playing...

MJ

Thanks.....Till We Meet Again is not a stage show but an event they do in the Atrium at about 10:00 where all the characters come out for a photo op so that probably is also still on the last night. Thanks again.

MJ

Sorry. Had the name wrong. "Remember the Magic" is normally the final stage show. I don't believe it will play on the Alaskan cruises.

Sorry if I was unclear in my previous post. We live in the Seattle area, and when we signed up for the cruise over a year ago, they offered us the option of taking a bus from SeaTac airport to the Cruise Ship in Vancouver. We signed up for it, but now are wondering if that is our best bet. I think the cost was $50 per person (not sure on this cost). Hoping someone on this board has used this service and has some feedback to share. We are wondering what time the bus leaves SeaTac etc.

Amtrak would be cheaper pp but you'd still have to get from the train to the terminal which requires some schlepping to the sky train or a cab fee so I'd think the bus is easier. Possibly faster as well. Interesting as we didn't get that option when we booked. We are in the area too and when I looked into parking options I about had a heart attack. $50 pp seems reasonable as long as you aren't paying to park at SeaTac and someone can drop you off and pick you up from there.

We lucked out and my mom, out of nowhere offered to drive us and pick us up.

:cool1:

Amtrak would be cheaper pp but you'd still have to get from the train to the terminal which requires some schlepping to the sky train or a cab fee so I'd think the bus is easier. Possibly faster as well. Interesting as we didn't get that option when we booked. We are in the area too and when I looked into parking options I about had a heart attack. $50 pp seems reasonable as long as you aren't paying to park at SeaTac and someone can drop you off and pick you up from there.

For locals, there are also quite a few airport hotels in Vancouver which have "park & fly" options, if you want to cross the border the night before. They'll include both your night's stay and your parking while you're on the cruise.

That sounds about right for Quick Shuttle. Go to quickcoach.com to see the schedule. That is probably who you are signed up with. I've taken them before, and they are really good.

Thank you - that is good news! Appreciate the link, too:)

One more thing for locals, if you call the Best Western Executive Inn in Seattle, they will forward you to their parking service, which will generally charge considerably less than the airport. The QuickShuttle picks up from there, and it's cheaper to take the QuickShuttle from the Executive Inn than from the airport. It's near the Space Needle.

Has anyone used the train from the Airport to Downtown?

In Seattle? Yes, I have. It's very easy. Not super fast as it makes a lot of little stops but very easy.

DH and I did it returning from a trip to Palm Springs for his dad's bday, we got in late at night and wanted to stay downtown (without the kids) and celebrate our anniversary the following day. We took the train downtown, got off in the bus tunnel and walked the 4 block or so to Inn at the Market. Piece of cake.

Worked out great too, our flight was super delayed and we were getting in late, I was able to order a pizza to be delivered to the hotel from the train and it arrived just after we walked in the door!

Has anyone used the train from the Airport to Downtown?

We used from the terminal to the airport and found it very easy. No small children though. If you are staying in a hotel it may be a bit of a walk with all the luggage depending on where you are staying.

We used from the terminal to the airport and found it very easy. No small children though. If you are staying in a hotel it may be a bit of a walk with all the luggage depending on where you are staying.

We are planning on taking the train from the airport to the Mayflower Park Hotel. From what I can tell the train is right next door in a shopping centre of sorts and it's an elevator or escalator ride up to the hotel. Anyone know if I'm right about this? It's hard planning transportation when you don't know anything about the area. We are still considering taking a taxi to the hotel but it's so much cheaper to take the train. We are arriving around noon so we aren't dealing with nighttime.

In Seattle? Yes, I have. It's very easy. Not super fast as it makes a lot of little stops but very easy.

DH and I did it returning from a trip to Palm Springs for his dad's bday, we got in late at night and wanted to stay downtown (without the kids) and celebrate our anniversary the following day. We took the train downtown, got off in the bus tunnel and walked the 4 block or so to Inn at the Market. Piece of cake.

Worked out great too, our flight was super delayed and we were getting in late, I was able to order a pizza to be delivered to the hotel from the train and it arrived just after we walked in the door!

No in Vancouver.......My mom and dad are handicapped but my dad worked in the NYC transit and we like to take the trains in different cities. According to the Pan Pacific the train station is a block away. Decisions, Decisions.....

No in Vancouver.......My mom and dad are handicapped but my dad worked in the NYC transit and we like to take the trains in different cities. According to the Pan Pacific the train station is a block away. Decisions, Decisions.....

Yep sorry, there's been a lot of Seattle questions lol so I wasn't sure. I've done Amtrack to Vancouver and the sky train station is supposedly a block away though honestly, we couldn't figure out how to get there so took a cab downtown instead. It was raining though so it's not like we tried very hard.

However, to be fair, that part of the sky train was new I think, it was the November before the Olympics and I'd assume better marked now? We did the sky train a couple other times, and while easy, some of the stops did involve a fair amount of walking to get where we wanted to go so just depends. You might have to change trains to get to BC place, not sure but their website is quite good to help figure that all out.

I've not done it from the airport though and it sounds like that's the question (not train to train) and seems very easy from there. I'd assume it's HA but again, don't really know.

For those who don't mind a little walk after the cruise, the Skytrain to the airport is very easy. The train station is not the one right off the terminal but about another block. It was only $11.25 for three of us and we arrived before the DCL transportation. I only know because we left the terminal at the same time as another family and were already at the counter of the airline when they arrived. This was a good choice for us because our son is 17.

Your right. No ground transportation whether car, bus or taxi is going to beat Skytrain out there unless it is 2 a.m.

We are planning on taking the train from the airport to the Mayflower Park Hotel. From what I can tell the train is right next door in a shopping centre of sorts and it's an elevator or escalator ride up to the hotel. Anyone know if I'm right about this? It's hard planning transportation when you don't know anything about the area. We are still considering taking a taxi to the hotel but it's so much cheaper to take the train. We are arriving around noon so we are dealing with nighttime.

The only problem you may have is that the shopping center (Westlake Center) is kind of torn up with remodeling right now. That said, you shouldn't have a big problem getting to the Mayflower Park. I would call the hotel, and they should be able to give you exact directions to their entrance--according to their website, they open directly into Westlake Center. You'll want to find out which floor.

Thanks so much for this info. Since we're taking my DM who really can't stand for any length of time, we're trying to find a way to minimize her discomfort. Hopefully we'll be able to find her a seat if we do have a long wait before we get through security.

I don't know when you are going, but I have a friend with MS who has the same problem (standing for longer times... when she's having problems with the heat or symptoms). She rented a rolling walker that had a seat and a basket for one trip she went on to Disney ... and appreciated it *so* much (both for ease of carrying her stuff around, and for sitting on in line, since the heat exasperates her MS problems) that she ended up buying one for travel and when she *knows* there will be much standing - but with smooth floors. *g* She also used it at Disneyland with a friend who had a scooter - she sat, picked up her feet, and held onto the scooter to give her legs and balance a break - was a bit of a workout for her arms, but...

Even if she doesn't *need* it to walk, it might be a good travel accessory - if just for the seat/carrying purposes. Though I admit that it's one of those things that is hard to get people to try, because of the stigma attached to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter