Questions on AC

DianeRD

Mouseketeer
I'm the hubby of DianeRD and have questions on AC installation in a pop-up. We just bought a Coleman pop-up. We are planning a Christmas 2002 and a summer 2003 trip to FW in the pop-up. Our local RV dealer quoted a price of about $900 installed for AC. I saw in the Camping World catalog a price of around $560 with a $25 installation fee. I know that there aren't any Camping World dealers around here, but we were thinking of having it installed on the way down, if it would be that much savings. Any suggestions on the feasability of that thought?

Bob

I've never done anything like that, but it sounds feasible to me. I'd call the Camping World on your route and ask how long the installation would take. That may be the deciding factor. We've been happy with CW, but we have only purchased from them, not had any work done by them.

64 days to go

I just installed a Carrier AirV unit in my PU. It was pretty easy. You need a 13.5 K unit in your PU more than likely - because of the canvas walls. They don't hold the cold in very well. I bought mine from rv add ons ($525 including shipping). Go to www.popuptimes.com That's where you'll find all your pu questions answered. Good luck.

Jim

Bob,
We are going down in Mar 2003, so you can bet we will have lots of ? for you and Diane...is this your first time traveling to WDW from Maine with the camper? Good lock with your AC dilemma...Nance

I would suggest talking with your dealer or another dealer.If Camping World can install it for less than $600.00 you should find someone to come close to that price. 900.00 is full list price you should be able to get 30% off that. You are going to be on vacation with camper all packed up , I would not want to spend a day at Camping World. Make sure of CW price is for new installation not just replacing an old unit.You need to cut a 14 x 14 hole and do some wiring to install. You may want to post on http://irv2.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=frm&s=089094322&f=738090622 Good Luck

Remember, if you are the first owner of the pop up you have a lifetime warranty on the roof. Having anyone other than a Coleman dealer install an AC through the roof may void that warranty.

Thank you so much for the replies. I'm beginning to think that it may not be a good idea.

Manemagic,you're welcome to write to me(Diane) at Teachntrain487@aol.com. I would love to chat with you about my trips. :D

Remember the installation price quoted by CW is most likely for an RV which already has 110V wiring installed to the ceiling. If your pop-up isn't already wired, your installation costs will probably be higher, whether it's by CW or not.

If CW will do it for that, and wire it from scratch, then that's a good deal, but I'd call first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter