Questions on Disneys Magic Moment Games

LisaNJ25

DIS Veteran<br><font color=aqua>I paid $300 back i
Can someone tell me a little more about the Disneys Magic Moments Games? Where do you purchase them at the park? Can you purchase them ahead of time? How do you "activate" them at the rides? I have an almost 10 yo. Would this be a good age for it?

I tried to do a search on this board but the search feature is disabled ;(

i don't have one but i was reading up on them for my dd's.
they are 19.99 and can be purchased at many gift shops
throughout wdw parks. you can pre purchase them at
gifts of a lifetime or disney merchandising. gifts of a lifetime
has a website that i found through yahoo. i believe they are
activated by walking by an attraction, you know it is activated
when i think it's tinkerbell or mickey waves "magic dust"
across the screen. i think they sound like alot of fun and we
plan on getting one on our next trip.

We bought 2 on our last trip in April and plan to bring them again this August. They are everywhere, in most parks, resort shops, etc. We bought our at DD in World of Disney. They are cool little games. Yes they are activated when you go near a ride. Sometimes you have to walk around until the ride gets activated. If by some reason you don't get to activate all the games while you're at WDW you can do it very easily yourself. I still pick up one of the games now and then and play it! (And YES I said ME, not the kids.)

Have Fun!!

Originally posted by DisneyMim
I still pick up one of the games now and then and play it! (And YES I said ME, not the kids.)

Disneymin - This is exactly why I ended up buying 2 on our last trip, DD was always hogging hers and I wanted to play too!

Thanks everyone. So the rides that you go by and activate them, you would than have a video game similar to that ride to play?

Also if you buy them at DTD can you use your Disney Club Card for an extra 10% off?

Yes, I bought two at DTD and got my DC Discount. Unfortunately, one quit working, they replaced it, and now it's not working again. They are not of the highest quality. We just followed the directions to activate all of the games, as we did not let the kids carry them around the parks.

OK - I've never even heard of this. Could someone please give me more info? This sounds like something we might want to get our kids (if I can figure out exactly what this is) It sounds like a hand-held electronic game like a cheap cousin to a GameBoy.

LKS

Have you tried pressing the reset button. I forget exactly where it is but DS had a problem and after we hit the reset button (it's real small and you need to press it with a pointy object) it worked fine.

Can you get either at the Disney Stores located around the country? I have two stores close to me and was thinking this would be fun to bring along on the wasy down for the plane ride. I have a HUGE layover in Atlanta.
Minnesota

I don't think they sell them in the stores. At least I've never seen them. :)

these are a WDW exclusive.

But I did find at our Local Big Lots "The Wonderful World of Disney Trivia " Electronic handheld game.
Electronic version of the board game shaped like the MMG and only $7.99

over 100 Disney Characters and over 1200 questions age 6-adult

Mal

But I di find at our Local Big Lots "The Wonderful World of Disney Trivia " Electronic handheld game.
Electronic version of the board game shaped like the MMG and only $7.99.

Wow, great price! Last time I saw that at Target I think it was $15.

We bought two of the Magical Moments games last week. They can be found anywhere in the World. My "Nintendo savvy" 13 yo DS and 7yo DS had great fun with them. I was concerned that the 13yo would think they were not sophisticated enough but he enjoyed it. So did his mom!!! ;) The only game we had trouble activating while there was the Splash mountain game. We even asked some CM's about it and they said others had asked about it too. We walked everywhere we could think of near the entrance and coudn't get it to go so we just waited until we had gotten all the other games and then used the "code" to activate that one. My kids seemed to enjoy the "hunt" for the new games.

I would like to purchase this game before our trip in Oct. for my 2 DGC. I clicked on the link(s) above to mouseplanet.com and giftsofalifetime.com but was unable to find any place to actually buy the game. If anyone has purchased it (the Magic Moment game ) prior to their trip to WDW could you please let me know where I can send for this:) Thanks so much.

I too tried but cannot locate where to order the game. I am ready to order but can't find where to spend my money. Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter