questions on the campfire singalong

Susie22

Mouseketeer
What can you tell me about the campfire singalong with Chip n dale? Is it just a show, or is food involved. Do you need ps? What time does it take place? Is it nightly? Is it worth going to Fort Wilderness to see if we're not staying there? Anything else you can think of would be appreciated.

The campfire is one of our families favorite things to do at WDW. It begins with a sing-a-long and campfire where you can roast marshmallows, make smores, etc. There is a place there to buy these things, plus sticks, not expensive at all. Chip and Dale are there and they walk around and greet everyone. There are benches and bleachers to sit on. Then they feature a Disney movie (two, maybe?). If you visit the camping board you can usually get the month's schedule ahead of time and see what night you want to visit. It really is a lot of fun.

Sorry, just reread your post and realized I hadn't really answered your questions!!
It is held every night, the time I'm not sure about, probably around 7:30 or 8:00. No, you don't need a ps, just show up. Since you're not staying there you'll need to leave your car at the parking lot and take a bus to the campfire (or come over on the boat and take a bus to it). There is other food there also, nachos, chips, that sort of thing. But as I said, check out the camping board, there are usually posts on it.

If the night is nice and you don't mind a stroll, take the boat to the marina and take the short walk to the meadows area where the movie takes place. Takes about 5-10 minutes to walk it.

Leave enough time to get there. We tried to get to the campfire from the WL for a 7 p.m. start and didn't leave WL by boat until 6:45. When we arrived at FW we didn't realize that the campfire was more than a mile away from the boat dock and that we then needed to board a bus. We ended up hanging around the petting zoo, but never made it to the campfire. Kids were very disappointed.

Originally posted by jsfein
Leave enough time to get there. We tried to get to the campfire from the WL for a 7 p.m. start and didn't leave WL by boat until 6:45. When we arrived at FW we didn't realize that the campfire was more than a mile away from the boat dock and that we then needed to board a bus. We ended up hanging around the petting zoo, but never made it to the campfire. Kids were very disappointed.

May have seemed like a mile, but FW is only a mile long from Marina to main parking lot.;)

Too bad ftwildernessguy wasn't there to direct us. The CM told us 1 mile and with 3 kids we said no way to walking it.

Originally posted by jsfein
Too bad ftwildernessguy wasn't there to direct us. The CM told us 1 mile and with 3 kids we said no way to walking it.

It's about half way between the marina and the lot, so my guess is about a half mile.

:D

We just tried to do the campfire and it didn't go well. We we're staying at ASMu and it took us 1.5 hr to get there to FW. I am pretty familiar with the layout of FW so I knew where I need to go by the time we got there (8:30)we just missed Chip and Dale dd(3.5 y/o) very disappointed we got food and wanted to stay for the movie it was a nice night. Sat down to eat dd saw a good sized moth and that was it she was done. OK it was only 9:15 we'll go down to the beach and watch the electric water parade we were standing at the bus stop in front of the meadow trading post and the orange bus that should have stopped to pick us up blew by us no problem we'll catch the next well it never came. The next bus that came by the meadow trading post was headed back to the reception outpost and it was 9:50!!! I don't know maybe they've changed the transportation since I stayed there last but the buses used to run with more frequency than that. After that we headed back to ASMU. We then waited another 30 mins for a Downtown Disney bus. We saw a Downtown Disney bus but it dropped people off at the reception outpost and ignored the 30 people waiting for it at the bus stop!!! While we were waiting dd saw a really big beetle and freaked out and wanted to go home!! Once a Downtown bus came and we were back Downtown we were able to salvage the evening by hanging out looking around in the shops and looking at the lights. It turned into a late night but it wasn't a total loss. Now I admit we got a late start our naps lasted longer than I wanted them too but I will not attempt this again from another resort if I have to rely on Disney busses. I could have gotten there by car way faster. Not to mention that that afternoon I asked someone in the transportation info booth outside the MK how I should get to FW from my resort and they told me to go to the TTC and the take the monorail to the MK and then take a boat to FW. Well the MK closed at 7 pm that night so I didn't think that it probably was the best way to go. Maybe it would have been. I will also not attempt this until dd is no longer freaked out by bugs.

We will be going mid-September. Is it possible to go to the Camp Fire after doing Hoop De Doo if you do the early show? Would that be too much for one eve. My little ones are 3 & 5. They are used to staying up later at night, though (and sleeping in). We would be doing this on a day we were taking a break from the parks just to hang out at the pool and catch up on some rest. Just wondering if it is too much to plan both.

Thanks for any advise you can offer!

Does anyone know how late the boat between FW and WL runs? We are staying at WL and plan to go to the sing-a-long and movies one night. I want to make sure we can get back to WL without a big hassle.

I did this on my solo trip and hope to do so with the family on our next trip. It is true that it seemed like the most time consuming of ANY of my trips- going to/from this. I came by boat from MK- kinda didn't know where I was going walking from there but finally found the bus stop near the hoopdedoo and all that- took bus to a bus stop right near the campfire thing..... afterwards the bus took me to the front but then it was a LONG LONG wait there- then ofcourse had to go to DTD and then get another bus to ASMu. Very time consuming. We'll probably want to take our car next time. LOL

But it was enjoyable even by myself- I think my kids will REALLY enjoy it.

The smores kits are like $5 I believe- and it's enough for my family with buying a couple extra sticks- which are cheap also. :) The kit comes with a little box of graham crackers, hershey's bar (but I think it was two?), 2 sticks, and a bag of marshmallows. Plenty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter