Quick and Easy Appetizers & Snacks

MMM I've written down almost every recipe here to make Xmas eve!!

The only thing I can think of is a dip my aunt who just passed away used to make.. REAL simple.. thousand island dressing blended with cream cheese good for veggies or chips. REALLY good! You can spice it however with hot sauce if you like things spicey.

I wanted to post so I could subscribe to this :rotfl:

I forgot about this one. It is so good!

1 large can of cooked chicken
8oz cream cheese, softened
1 small size bottle of buffalo chicken wing sauce
1 bottle of blue cheese dressing

In a saucepan combine the cream cheese and buffalo chicken sauce, stir until smooth and creamy. Add chicken, drain first, and heat. The stir in the blue cheese dressing. Serve warm, with crackers or celery sticks. I have used club, ritz or the chicken biscuit crackers. Taste just like buffalo wings, without the mess!

d4est said:
Another great idea! A family favorite anytime for us:

Pepperoni rolls:

Package refridgerated crescent rolls
Pepperoni pillow pack
Shredded mozz. cheese

Open rolls, separate. Place a few slices pepperoni, sprinkle with cheese. Roll them up so that they are sealed. Place on ungreased cookie sheet (I like the pampered chef stone) and bake as directed on the package.

Serve with pizza dipping sauce. Easy and yummy!

This one is soooo good! I've never made it myself, but - I always eat more than my share when I find it at a party :cool1:

Water chestnuts & bacon:

Cut uncooked bacon slices in half. Wrap each 1/2 slice around a whole water chestnut & secure with a toothpick.

Broil until bacon is crispy.

My Aunt had two receptions in a week and these were the hit of both nights. She got the recipe from the caterer:

Cheese Crustini (makes 100)

Baguette Bread--1 sliced thin
Cream cheese--1 lb. 9 oz.
Jack cheese--5 oz.
Swiss cheese--5 oz.
Asiago or parmesan--5 oz.
Mozzarella Cheese--5 oz.
Cream or half & half--1/4 cup
Mixed herbs--any type you prefer. I usually use some sort of Italian herbs

Spray the bread slices with a flavored pan spray, such as garlic or olive oil. Toast in oven at 400 for about 3 minutes. They should only be dried a bit, not browned.
Beat cream cheese in mixer until soft. Add remaining cheese (all shredded). Mix well. This with cream. Add herbs to taste. Remember that the flavor will become stronger as it sits. I sometimes add hot sauce to the mix.

When ready for serving, place a small scoop of cheese on each Crustini. Heat in oven until cheese melts. Some like them a little browned but this will make the crustinis quite crunchy. Your preference.

Hope you enjoy it. The cheese mix will stay good for quite a while in the fridge. The crustinis don't last more than a few days, though.

Pizza Dip is one of my most favorite appetizers and it's always a hit.

1 Jar Pizza Sauce
1 Package of Cream Cheese
Italian Mix of Cheese
Italian Seasoning

Spread the cream cheese on the bottom of a baking pan, sprinkle italian seasoning over it, cover with a layer of cheese. Then pour pizza sauce on top, speading evenly around. Top of with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for approx. 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles.

Serve with slices of french bread.

Yum!

Another fav. is this:

Tortillas (Burrito size)
1 Package of Cream Cheese
Small can of green chilis

Mix cream cheese and 1/2 the can of chilis together. Spread on the tortillas. Roll and then slice into sections.

Serve with salsa.

I'm getting hungry!! :rotfl:

I am at a loss for Chistmas foods this year, looking for new ones.

Did you guys know that all but 3 or 4 of these ideas call for cream cheese? Most that don't have sour cream.

I love it. :lovestruc however it is off limits this year because of milk allergies. Any other ideas? I like the meatball and little smokey ones.

So far the best I can do is hummus and pita chips and corn chips and gaucamole (and salsa.)

Men love this recipe:

1 package of Bob Evans mild sausage
Velveeta cheese (I buy it in the jar)
1 package of party pumpernickel bread

Cook sausage in skillet, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks with the back of a spoon. Drain grease. Lower heat and add in the cheese; stir until melted. Spoon sausage/cheese mixture over each slice of bread (1 tablespoon per slice) and place slices on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. I make these at my friend's annual NYE's party and I barely get them out of the oven before they are eaten.

I have 2

Articoke dip.
1 can articoke hearts-chopped

Mix with 1cup Real Mayo & 1 cup Parm cheese 1/4 tsp garlic powder. Spread into to a glass dish around the size of a 9 x 9 sq. I use a corningware tart pan. 350 20 mins till brown on top serve with Corn Chips.

2nd - Doesn't have a name(will one that I can use here :teeth: it is just kinda of gross)

1 8oz cream cheese put in a glass pie plate mirco for 30 seconds spread out in plate pour can of Hormel Chili & 1 cup of Cheddar Cheese. Mirco about 1 1/2 mins. serve with Corn Chips.

Kae

More please.....I am at a loss for Christmas Eve. Anyone have something that's easy that has spinach and artichokes? Thank you

Kae said:
I have 2

Articoke dip.
1 can articoke hearts-chopped

Mix with 1cup Real Mayo & 1 cup Parm cheese 1/4 tsp garlic powder. Spread into to a glass dish around the size of a 9 x 9 sq. I use a corningware tart pan. 350 20 mins till brown on top serve with Corn Chips.

This is yummy even without the artichokes! You can also use some green chilis to liven it up.

Sheila

A nice dip that I make for veggies is to take 1 envelope of Lipton vegetable soup and mix with 8 oz sour cream. Refrigerate for a couple of hours.

I also make a Chicken Spread. Take a big can (or 2 small ones) of chicken meat and mix with an 8 oz package of softened cream cheese and a tsp pf soy sauce. You can mix this with a fork but I like putting it in the food processor. Serve with crackers.

This is very easy
Cream Cheese Ball
2 pkgs. Cream Cheese (you can make one lite)
1 can of crushed pineapple, drained (tunafish can size)
green pepper or red pepper( or both) cut into small pieces
chopped walnuts

mix together cream cheese, pineapple and pepper. Form into a ball. Roll this into the nuts. Wrap loosely in tinfoil and refrig for at least a few hours or best over night.

This is great to serve with Fritos scoops or crackers

enjoy!

airplane said:
lunch meat ham
cream cheese
scallions (green onions)

Spread cream cheese on one slice of ham. Place scallion in the center of it longways. roll up the ham. Cut into slices.
FANTASTIC

We do this, but with mini dill pickles. YUM. My entire family knows if they want some of these, they'd better not put them in front of me first. :teeth:

BLT DIP
1 lb bacon
1 tomato
1 c sour cream
1 c mayo (we use Miracle Whip)

Fry bacon till crisp; drain and crumble. Combine sour cream and mayo; add bacon. Seed and chop tomato - stir tomato in just before serving (otherwise it gets watery). Serve with Fritos, Triscuits, wheat thins, really any cracker works with this dip.

(and yes, you can use fat-free sour cream/Miracle Whip if you'd like!)

we do the pepperoni roll with the bread dough. they are so yummy!

I baste the roll with egg yokes inside and on the outside to give it a browning effect. I usually make two or three and they are a huge hit here

mommy2emmersNmo said:
I forgot about this one. It is so good!

1 large can of cooked chicken
8oz cream cheese, softened
1 small size bottle of buffalo chicken wing sauce
1 bottle of blue cheese dressing

In a saucepan combine the cream cheese and buffalo chicken sauce, stir until smooth and creamy. Add chicken, drain first, and heat. The stir in the blue cheese dressing. Serve warm, with crackers or celery sticks. I have used club, ritz or the chicken biscuit crackers. Taste just like buffalo wings, without the mess!

I'm going to make this it sounds really good.. question tho do you use the WHOLE bottle of dressing and if so.. what size?

Wow, great ideas. Maybe this year I will become more creative instead of always bringing Pineapple and Cheese, and cream cheese and cheddar cheese stuffed wonton skins!!!!!

One of our favorites: Fried Ravioli

Use package of fresh cheese ravioli (not frozen!). Heat oil - need enough to cover ravioli (I usually use our fry daddy). Fry ravioli in hot oil (in small batches of approx. 8 - 10) until lightly browned (only takes a minute or two!). Remove with slotted spoon, place on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings. Serve warm with marinara or other favorite spag. sauce. Delicious!!!

Thanks for all of the other great ideas! Can't wait to try some! :cool1:

CinRell said:
I'm going to make this it sounds really good.. question tho do you use the WHOLE bottle of dressing and if so.. what size?

I usually use Ken's Steakhouse blue cheese, I believe the bottle is 8oz. And I just dump the whole bottle in there. HTH!

DisneyPhD said:
I am at a loss for Chistmas foods this year, looking for new ones.

Did you guys know that all but 3 or 4 of these ideas call for cream cheese? Most that don't have sour cream.

I love it. however it is off limits this year because of milk allergies. Any other ideas? I like the meatball and little smokey ones.

So far the best I can do is hummus and pita chips and corn chips and gaucamole (and salsa.)

I found a site that offers substitutes. For cream cheese, it says "Part skim milk ricotta cheese or lowfat cottage cheese beaten until smooth"
And for sour cream, you can use fat free sour cream, or there used to be a product called King Sour that was, granted, chemicals but tasted and worked like sour cream.
Also, is there a Whole Foods Market or a Trader Joe's near you? Maybe they could suggest substitutions so you CAN try some of these delicious-sounding recipes.
eta: Okay, I found another website that might help: http://vegweb.com/recipes/quick/
You wouldn't necessarily have to use all the vegan ingredients, for example there's a sausage recipe that calls for Tofurkey something, you could use regular sausage instead - and probably you could substitute some form of tofu where the recipes in this thread use cream cheese.

And then there are my two:

VERY thinly-sliced American cheese and slices of either Genoa Salami or similar-sized pepperoni. Roll together one slice cheese and one slice meat, tightly; fasten with toothpick, top with olive.

Or along the lines of a couple of other recipes: Cocktail franks or sliced hot dogs heated in a saucepan of spaghetti sauce.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter