1 pkg. 8oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. brown sugar
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Chocolate Graham cracker sticks

Beat softened cream cheese, butter, & vanilla until creamy. Slowly add sugars until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Place mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll ball in pecans. Serve with chocolate graham cracker sticks.

Sausage Stars
1 lb sausage (we like spicy)
1 bottle Ranch dressing
1 package wonton wrappers
Worcestershire sauce to your taste
crushed red pepper to your taste
2 cups cheddar cheese
2 cups colby jack cheese

Cook sausage. Mix all incredients except wonton wrappers. Set mixture aside.

In a mini muffin pan, place wonton wrappers in a "cup fashion". Bake these 5 minutes at 350. Remove from over. Place a tablespoon or so of mixture in the baked wrapper and place back in oven for 7 minutes. Yummy!

Green Onion Dip -
32 oz sour cream
1/2 c Miracle Whip
7 T parsley flakes
1 T pepper and herb seasoning
1/2 T Season salt
3 t Horseradish
1/8 c parmesan cheese
7 chopped green onions (use 3/4 of the onion)

Mix well; refrigerate.

Tastes better after it sits in the fridge for a day. This
makes a bunch - great to take to a party.

I've made this for years...it's always a favorite. And, no sour cream or cream cheese!

Indian Peanut Dip (from "Good Food Book" by Jane Brody
Yields: 1 cup

1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (preferred natural)
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce (reduced sodium best)
1 tsp minced garlic (2 large cloves)
1 tsp ground coriander
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (Must be fresh)
Mix together all the ingredients in a blender or food processor for about 1 minute or until well mixed. Serve at room temperature with fresh vegetable sticks and/or crackers.

I've made this for years...it's always a favorite. And, no sour cream or cream cheese!

Indian Peanut Dip (from "Good Food Book" by Jane Brody
Yields: 1 cup

1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (preferred natural)
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce (reduced sodium best)
1 tsp minced garlic (2 large cloves)
1 tsp ground coriander
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (Must be fresh)
Mix together all the ingredients in a blender or food processor for about 1 minute or until well mixed. Serve at room temperature with fresh vegetable sticks and/or crackers.

Thanks, I am going to give this one a try! :thumbsup2

Just saw a variation on the baked brie in one of those little cookbook magazines they have at the checkouts. You hollow out a round bread, place a whole brie inside (you can use big bread/big brie or small bread/small brie) and then bake it right in the bread. Much easier than trying to put puff pastry around it. And you can also put your toppings into or on top of. (I use apricot preserves and pecans usually on top when I bake a brie.)

Im gonna have to try this one I think.

Thank you for all these wonderful idea's - I am definately trying the Grape Jelly Meatball recipie. I would also like to share what has become my "most requested dish" over the years - Sweet & Sour Kilbasa

3lb Pack Kilbasa (big one)
1 small bottle ketchup
1/2 small jar yellow mustard
1/2 box light brown sugar
2 tbsp vinager
1 can beer

Boil kilbasa in large pot with water and 1 can of beer until kilbasa is about to burst (like cooking a hotdog). Slice kilbasa and add to crock pot with ketchup, mustard, sugar and vinagar and blend together. Enjoy!! :santa:

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
1 pkg. 8oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. brown sugar
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Chocolate Graham cracker sticks

Beat softened cream cheese, butter, & vanilla until creamy. Slowly add sugars until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Place mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll ball in pecans. Serve with chocolate graham cracker sticks.

I want to eat this RIGHT NOW!!!!! LOL! Sounds soooooo yummy...can't wait to try it!! :flower3:

Just saw a variation on the baked brie in one of those little cookbook magazines they have at the checkouts. You hollow out a round bread, place a whole brie inside (you can use big bread/big brie or small bread/small brie) and then bake it right in the bread. Much easier than trying to put puff pastry around it. And you can also put your toppings into or on top of. (I use apricot preserves and pecans usually on top when I bake a brie.)

I am NOT a "natural" cook, so could someone help me with this? I bought a brie, Hawaiian round bread and some apricot preserves for a party tomorrow night, but I don't know how long to bake it at what temp. And I don't know whether you back the preserves on it or just dump it on there after it's done. Or if you eat it with the bread you hollowed out. Or if you put the top back on to bake the brie inside. HELP!!! PLEASE!! GOTTA COOK TOMORROW!!

Well this will take awhile to cook but if you are going to be at home it is so worth it.

I buy a shank portion ham and put it in the crock pot and add 1 cup of water and let it cook all day when the meat starts falling off the bone you need to go ahead and take the bone out.
The ham will end up being shredded and i bake little yeast rolls and make ham rolls.

This ham is the best I have ever had and i make this at Thanksgiving along with a Turkey and the ham is always gone within minutes.

I'm bumping because I still really need an answer to my question. Gotta start cooking in a little bit!

"I am NOT a "natural" cook, so could someone help me with this? I bought a brie, Hawaiian round bread and some apricot preserves for a party tomorrow night, but I don't know how long to bake it at what temp. And I don't know whether you back the preserves on it or just dump it on there after it's done. Or if you eat it with the bread you hollowed out. Or if you put the top back on to bake the brie inside. HELP!!! PLEASE!! GOTTA COOK TOMORROW!!"

OK...you're off to a good start...that Hawaiian bread is YUMMY!

The easiest would be to do this: Cut the top off the bread and hollow out enough to fit the brie you have. Because the rind on the brie can be hard to 'get through' I'd cut the rind of the brie off the top and then slice it in half (so you have 2 circles, not 2 half circles if that makes sense). Spread a good amount of preserves (so it's about 1/4 in thick I'd say) in the middle of the brie and on the top of the brie (this will make it look very pretty on top) and place the brie into the bread. You can add chopped pecan or walnuts to the top if you want but it's not necessary. Put the whole thing on a cookie sheet and bake at 350deg for about 15-20 mins (you'll want the cheese to be melty in the middle but be sure the bread or preserves doesn't burn, just keep an eye on it). Because the Hawaiian bread is soft it may be hard to eat with the bread but I'd cut what you pulled out of the middle and the top into bit sized pieces. And I'd also serve hearty crackers and apple slices (dipped into lemon water after slicing to keep them from turning brown). Put the bread bowl and all the dippers onto a large platter and be sure to put a spread or butter knife out with it. You can also pull pieces off the bread bowl to dip too.

Hope that was specific enough! I'm here at work so post again if you still have questions and I'll check back in a little while! Hope it turns out awesome! :goodvibes

Thank you SO MUCH Bren's mom! That was a huge help! I'll feel much more comfortable if I semi-know what I'm doing!
Thanks again.

Here's a tasty dip for tortilla chips:

1 roll of ground sausage
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1/2 block of Velveeta cheese(half of the large size)
In a large skillet:
Brown and drain the sausage. Add the Rotel tomatoes and Velveeta and melt slowly. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.

AWESOME!

Broccoli Dip:

1 Large brick of Velveeta
1 Box frozen Chopped broccoli
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 tbsp butter or margarine
Pickled jalapenos to taste

Melt butter, saute broccoli until it thaws, empty both cans of soup to pot, chop cheese add gradually while stirring, chop 2 or 3 whole jalapenos depending on how hot they are add to mix and add juice from jar to adjust heat.

A different twist is to substitute 1 lb of ground beef for the broccoli.

Another one of my favorites (a little more expensive, ok a lot more) prosciutto or serrano ham, membrillo (quince paste) and a sharp cheese like Manchego or white cheddar serve on melba toast or a nice cracker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter