Quick Borrowing Question

MrB9999

Earning My Ears
I'm considering buying back into DVC (have been in and out a few times depending on life stages). It's been awhile so I've forgotten some of the rules of borrowing. I read that you can borrow from the next use year. My question is with a use year of April and I was booking a trip in May of 24 for travel in April of 25 I assume I could use my 25 points for that without borrowing, but could I also borrow from my 26 points in May of 24 for the April of 25 trip. Hope that's not too confusing.

Thanks!

A trip in April of 2025 would by default use April 2025 points. You could use any points that were banked from April 2024 use year, use the 2025 points, then borrow up to the entirety of April 2026 use year if needed.

I'm considering buying back into DVC (have been in and out a few times depending on life stages). It's been awhile so I've forgotten some of the rules of borrowing. I read that you can borrow from the next use year. My question is with a use year of April and I was booking a trip in May of 24 for travel in April of 25 I assume I could use my 25 points for that without borrowing, but could I also borrow from my 26 points in May of 24 for the April of 25 trip. Hope that's not too confusing.

Thanks!
borrow from my [MAY] '26 points.. ..for the April of '25 trip.

Did you check if there are any banked points?

Given the transaction costs (closing and realtor commissions) of being “in and out a few times”…. could it make more sense for you to rent?

borrow from my [MAY] '26 points.. ..for the April of '25 trip.

Did you check if there are any banked points?
There are banked points on the contract I just had an offer accepted on. The question was more related to deciding which use year I wanted. I wanted an April use year as we plan on going more from April thru June and September thru November. That wouldn't have worked for me if I couldn't have borrowed the following April's points. But since we can i decided the April use year was the best. Thanks.

Given the transaction costs (closing and realtor commissions) of being “in and out a few times”…. could it make more sense for you to rent?
Thanks for the suggestion. We did consider that but I believe our situation won't be changing much in the future. We have now moved to Florida and will retiring this year. I'm purchasing Aulani points and we plan on going to Hawaii every 3 or 4 years and using the other year points for 2 - 4 day stays at Disney World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter