Quick question re: activation code

kollerbear

DIS Veteran
Hi! We just bought resale at AKL and we are really excited about it. I need to bank this year's points by the end of September, and I received the paperwork from the business we used to conduct the sale. I kind of thought I would get some paperwork directly from Disney so that I could activate and add the new membership online (I am an authorized user on my parents' account so I already have access to the DVC Members' website). I assume I just need to call DVC Member Services to get the info. that I need, but clearly I don't want to bother folks this week. But I also would love to move forward if I can while it's on my mind. Is there any automated way to get my activation code so I can set up my account?

Thanks!

DVC can grant you an extension on the banking deadline and bank the points for you when your account is all set up.

You can also try calling member services closer to the end of the month, explaining your situation. When my resale contract passed, I was able to get my member ID and account number over the phone about 10 days after the deed was recorded. Things obviously might be moving a little bit slower right now.

DVC will mail the info to the primary on the account. It can take several weeks.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you!! I thought this would be the case. We have had the finalized contract from the company (not Disney) for at least a few weeks now, and I did think Disney would do this. I'm just getting to the point where I'm nervous to *wait* for it in case it slips my mind the last week of September.

You can also try calling member services closer to the end of the month, explaining your situation. When my resale contract passed, I was able to get my member ID and account number over the phone about 10 days after the deed was recorded. Things obviously might be moving a little bit slower right now.

Thanks!! So this means that if I call, even if they don't give activation codes over the phone, they should be able to see me and bank the points I need banked (and apply the points I need applied to my parents' reservation in Jan. :) So excited to finally be able to contribute instead of the other way around.) I will try to keep it at the front of my mind and call later next week. It's definitely been at least a few weeks since we got the finalized paperwork.

Thank you!! I thought this would be the case. We have had the finalized contract from the company (not Disney) for at least a few weeks now, and I did think Disney would do this. I'm just getting to the point where I'm nervous to *wait* for it in case it slips my mind the last week of September.

Thanks!! So this means that if I call, even if they don't give activation codes over the phone, they should be able to see me and bank the points I need banked (and apply the points I need applied to my parents' reservation in Jan. :) So excited to finally be able to contribute instead of the other way around.) I will try to keep it at the front of my mind and call later next week. It's definitely been at least a few weeks since we got the finalized paperwork.

Have you gone on the orange county commissioner's website to confirm that all the paperwork has been filed with the county?

When I called them I just let them know that I already had my login ID and member number, and just needed my activation code. They asked for some identification information to confirm that it was me calling, and then happily gave me my code.

Have you gone on the orange county commissioner's website to confirm that all the paperwork has been filed with the county?

Yes, make sure that this has been done, and then do not try calling them until at least 10 days after. I would not be surprised if it takes even longer with all the hurricane cleanup going on.

Shoot, I have not done this!! I went to the website and truly don't know where to look. Would you mind giving me a general outline of where to go? Thanks SO much! Thanks @Ben E N as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter