Quick reviews of recent trip

IncredibleboysMom

DIS Veteran
Here is a quick review of the dining experiences on our recent trip. We are a family of five Disney veterans, mom, dad and three sons ages 17, 19 and 23. The oldest just graduated with his master’s and the youngest graduated high school so we were celebrating!

Cookes of Dublin: We had two Dubliner burgers, two Hog’s in a Box and one Chicken and Wild Mushroom Pie. The burgers were the winners here. The Hog’s in a Box were deemed “strange” by two of the boys. “Too much going on”….maybe we just don’t know how to eat Irish food.. I had the pie, it was good but there was only about 2-3 Tbsp of the filling and a lot of bread. The chips (fries) were very good. Overall average. We wished we had gone with our favorite Springs QS, the Polite Pig

Boma: A perennial favorite and always requested. They ate their weight in ribs. I loved the salmon, especially with the coconut rice. The chicken corn chowder was also delicious and I liked the curry pasta salad. No one liked the bobotie. Zebra domes and bread pudding were the perfect ending. We received 10% off with the Disney Visa but it was still an over $300 meal for our family. It’s getting ridiculous so I think we will save this one for special trips.

Steakhouse 71 lunch: My favorite meal of the trip. We had three stack burgers and two gourmet grilled cheese. Both were delicious. I had the petite Caesar with mine which was really good. Everyone else had parmesan fries which were waffle cut with parmesan sprinkles. The salad was better. We all shared the chocolate cake, taking one bite each as we passed it around the table, and all got 5 bites each (some bites were bigger than others), so it is a huge, yummy shareable dessert!

Peco’s Bills: We all shared a few taco platters and some nachos. The carnitas were better than the beef but it was all pretty average. Filling but not great.

Ale & Compass breakfast: We met some family here and it seems everyone liked their food. I had the dark chocolate waffles….yummmmm. I ordered my bacon extra crisp and it was perfect. There were a couple of shrimp and grits at the table, a couple smoked salmon bagels, one American breakfast and one ham and cheddar omelet. My son said the omelet was just an omelet and he wished he had ordered something else. Only two people got the buffet in addition to their entree. Unless you are a huge breakfast eater, it seems like too much to add it on.

Roundup Rodeo BBQ: All of my boys’ favorite meal. Everything was really very, very good. I loved the salads because by this point my body was begging for a vegetable. The tomato cucumber salad was very skewed toward the cucumbers, just so you know. The boys ordered seconds on the sausage, brisket and potato barrels. They ordered extra cheddar biscuits and made “brisket biscuits”. The salmon was cedar plank grilled and delicious. My only complaint was that our waiter seemed wary of having three young men to serve and never offered to bring seconds, we had to ask someone else every time. Nothing went to waste though, a great meal and we will be back.

Biergarten: We have tried to eat here for years, but every time we made a reservation we found a reason to cancel it. Everyone liked it. The beer cheese soup, meatballs and carved pork loin were the favorites. I found the buffet lacking a bit in the salad and dessert departments but it was overall solid. The band/show was so much fun.

Satuli Canteen: First time here and we liked it. Two of the boys picked the slaw out of their bowls but it was all very good and different from typical quick service food. The chicken in the bowls is dark meat if that matters to you.

Snacks: Spring rolls and Coke floats at MK, Ronto wraps at HS, Epcot flower and garden booths, Pongo lumpia (pineapple cream cheese spring roll), Mickey bars, Dole whips and churros. Disney snacks are always yummy, but that pineapple cream cheese spring roll is next level.

Thanks for reading and feel free to ask any questions!

Thank you so much for the reviews.

I have heard so many good things about Woody's.... we are doing a trip with our adult daughter and husband in October. I never considered Woody's. Now I will ponder lol

Was Steakhouse a reservation? What time did you go?

Congratulations on both of your sons graduations. I know how much goes into all that (our son just graduated college a few weeks ago :))

Our families are very similar- 3 boys ours are 21,18 and 18, We did a College grad trip last year with the boys. We sprung for Shulas. OMG if you ever rob a bank thats a must. We are DVC members and the left overs days later were still delish. Love Homecoming ( I get on line at Gideons or get a virtual spot and return after dinner) I also discovered Wine Bar George has a drink window that serves frozen wine or frozen Dole Whip drinks. So I can walk around the Springs happy :blush: We enjoy Steakhouse 71 also. We will have to put Woody's on our list. Thanks for sharing.

How did you know I was dreaming about frozen dole whips ?
such a good idea now it can be more than a dream !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter