Quick trip, no parks!

Elephantay

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about a quick trip next month....while when we stay at our home resort AKL, we often say we would stay here without even going to the parks, I'm now thinking through what that would actually look like.
We've never rented points, and doubt anything is available at this late date, so what resort would you recommend? We would not do a value resort for this trip...

Is it warm enough for pool days? We usually spend a lot of time at the pools and head to parks later/at night
What would you all do for 5 days?
Worth it??
TIA!

My favorite resort for a no parks visit is WL/CCV/BRV. I have stayed there for long weekends with no park time many times. If you are on a smaller budget, POFQ is a good option at the moderate level, with great theming and the boat to DS.

We are thinking about a quick trip next month....while when we stay at our home resort AKL, we often say we would stay here without even going to the parks, I'm now thinking through what that would actually look like.
We've never rented points, and doubt anything is available at this late date, so what resort would you recommend? We would not do a value resort for this trip...

Is it warm enough for pool days? We usually spend a lot of time at the pools and head to parks later/at night
What would you all do for 5 days?
Worth it??
TIA!

Think away from Disney .... explore the rest of Florida

Rent a car ... at MCO..... & drive to The Everglades ...... Not Key West or Miami....
Think outside of Orlando

Rent a car ... at MCO..... & drive to The Everglades ...... Not Key West or Miami....
Think outside of Orlando
We are! One of the things we love about our WDW vacations is NO DRIVING! Just relaxing and getting where we want to go by boats or monorails. Walking a lot.
Since we only have five days, and returning a rental in a different place is more expensive, this is an option for sure, but not ideal for this trip.
We've done our last couple of Florida trips to the west coast and have loved Clearwater boat time, kayaking in Weeki Wachee, a manatee tour. etc...
There's so much to do!

I’ve done several No Park trips and enjoy them a lot. My favorite No Park hotel stay was at the Yacht Club, but any hotel works well. Explore the other hotels, take the monorail loop, eat lunch/snacks at each monorail hotel. Disney Springs can fill a day. A lot of the resort have events going on by the pool, usually for a small cost

Think outside of Orlando
I'm with you - I could see a weekend maybe, but 5 days at a Disney resort with no parks makes no sense to me. The parks are the reason I do Disney (and Universal).

We may do one park day if we go. We loved our late night at MK last trip! Another day we would probably take a short road trip someplace.
Is it warm enough for the pools?

If you want to be basically on property but save a lot of money, I would stay at Bonnet Creek Resort. Beautiful resort with multiple lazy rivers, pool bars, full villas, etc..

If you want to be basically on property but save a lot of money, I would stay at Bonnet Creek Resort. Beautiful resort with multiple lazy rivers, pool bars, full villas, etc..
Is there more than one place with that name? Thanks!

We may do one park day if we go. We loved our late night at MK last trip! Another day we would probably take a short road trip someplace.
Is it warm enough for the pools?
We’re leaving today and it’s a bit cold out now but the last few days definitely could have been pool days in the afternoon. It was a bit humid and in the low 80s and we were definitely a bit hot in the parks. I imagine during the warmest parts of most days the pool would be great! Just double check the weather before arriving so you’re not caught out if your trip falls on the few colder days of the week!

We’re leaving today and it’s a bit cold out now but the last few days definitely could have been pool days in the afternoon. It was a bit humid and in the low 80s and we were definitely a bit hot in the parks. I imagine during the warmest parts of most days the pool would be great! Just double check the weather before arriving so you’re not caught out if your trip falls on the few colder days of the week!
That's good to hear! The tricky part is we would be booking flights and heading south :) so if it's iffy/cold we would be stuck.

5 days at Disney prices without the parks sounds expensive and boring. I’d take a cruise instead. Or at least find nicer resorts in FL. Outside of the Disney bubble money can go a lot further lol.

Admittedly I am biased as I just finished 3 nights in a rather musty YC room with neighbors waking me up every single day at 2am and 6am because Disney sound proofing is crap…

We do resort trips only at least twice a year. We LOVE it. Going for long walks, lying by the empty pools, Downtown Disney, shopping, bar hopping, resort hopping and skyliner and monorail dining. It’s a relaxing trip.

I've heard that many people like to do that! My family nixed the cruise idea :( so we are back to the drawing board!

I'm with you - I could see a weekend maybe, but 5 days at a Disney resort with no parks makes no sense to me. The parks are the reason I do Disney (and Universal).
My spouse and I did this last September at the Polynesian. It was lovely and very relaxing. It was also one of the easiest vacations we have ever had. Because we are so familiar with Disney from all our years of family vacations, we didn't have to do any research or planning like we would have for another destination. We spent the majority of our time at the various lounges and just used Disney transportation to get around-- monorail, boat, skyliner. We watched fireworks from the Poly beach, ate at some restaurants at Disney Springs and other resorts, bought some special release tiki mugs, etc.

While it was the perfect location for us for a resort-only trip, our room cost was covered by points that were going to expire and needed to be used up that month. Poly pricing may be a bit steep if paying full price for the room.

Admittedly I am biased as I just finished 3 nights in a rather musty YC room with neighbors waking me up every single day at 2am and 6am because Disney sound proofing is crap…
People always say the value resorts are noisy, but my worst noise experiences have all been in deluxe resorts. So long as I can get a non connecting room at a value, I usually don’t have any problems with noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter