"Quick" Way From Hojo's

usschmidt

We got to see everything and get a Dole Whip!
I can't stand the search feature of this forum b/c I can never seem to find anything! I know Bumbershoot and others have explained the quickest way to get to the gates from Hojo's. Would anyone mind explaining again?

Thanks so much!

Dang it, Gail! You are good! Why is it when I do a search all I get is that dumb blue dog and then nada?!

I didn't do a search, darlin', I can't get anything from that danged blue dog either! :rotfl: I just knew that Bumbershoot had that route mapped out, 'cause I've been studying it too, for our trip next month! I follow the link to her trip report in her signature. And I've referred to that "How Far Is It" article so many times, it's bookmarked on my favorites.

Yeah, what is it with the search function; I've really had a tough time getting much from it, usually. And it takes forever. Ah, well. Good thing people around here are so nice about answering the same questions over again, I'd be sunk, otherwise.

I didn't do a search, darlin', I can't get anything from that danged blue dog either! :rotfl: I just knew that Bumbershoot had that route mapped out, 'cause I've been studying it too, for our trip next month! I follow the link to her trip report in her signature. And I've referred to that "How Far Is It" article so many times, it's bookmarked on my favorites.

Yeah, what is it with the search function; I've really had a tough time getting much from it, usually. And it takes forever. Ah, well. Good thing people around here are so nice about answering the same questions over again, I'd be sunk, otherwise.

Thanks I was going to ask for it again too!!! You guys are lucky the dog doesn't even get to blue for me, just sits there doing nothing... :confused:

Oh man, I thought that I was the only one! So many times I wanted to just :badpc: my computer that I just gave up using the search function. Nice to know that it is not only me!;)

search never works for me eathier ty for the links i need to studding them to for oct 5th only 23days away

Ok, I'm seeing bumbers great pictures but can someone explain the actual path? Like...go 20 steps and cross the street, where? LOL!. I'm a little slow.

Ok, I'm seeing bumbers great pictures but can someone explain the actual path? Like...go 20 steps and cross the street, where? LOL!. I'm a little slow.

don't worry, we won't hold it against you! :rotfl:

from what I can gather, you cross the street at Manchester and Harbour. You will cross and be on the same side as DL. (accross the street will be hotels and restaurant)

I don't know if this is going to work

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=88663

This should (I hope, I know nothing about computers) show you exactly where to go and how to get there!

Yay! Glad it works. Sorry for posting it again.

It's very easy. It's nice that Molly put it in her trip report for everyone. :)

Leave the HoJo, walk towards Harbor and cross towards Mimi's. Stop there and push the walk signal to cross to the opposite side on Harbor, walk down the sidewalk and right after the bus stop (can't miss it) turn right, cross at the taxi parking and walk to the security gates. It is faster and much less used, it takes my family about 8 min. to walk this way.

It's very easy. It's nice that Molly put it in her trip report for everyone. :)

Leave the HoJo, walk towards Harbor and cross towards Mimi's. Stop there and push the walk signal to cross to the opposite side on Harbor, walk down the sidewalk and right after the bus stop (can't miss it) turn right, cross at the taxi parking and walk to the security gates. It is faster and much less used, it takes my family about 8 min. to walk this way.

Perfect. That was what I thought but that makes sense to me :) Thanks!!

Do my eyes deceive me, or is HOJO significantly closer than CCI?

Do my eyes deceive me, or is HOJO significantly closer than CCI?

I've stayed at both. HoJo is my first choice, CCI is my second. :) HoJo's walk the way I decsribed is about 8 min. CCI took us about 10 not counting the time we waited at the crosswalk. They are close but CCI is a bit farther.

It's funny that you should ask this...dh and I had lots of discussions last week and came to the conclusion that perceived distance is directly proportional to how tired you are and how much your kids are whining!

Hi!

What I've *heard* about walking from the direction of CCI is that there's a big, uncontrolled driveway that you have to cross. And that it's scary, especially with kids.

There is a parking lot driveway that you come across from HoJo on the Disney side of Harbor, but it's mainly cabs going in and out, and they tend to be polite to pedestrians.

When crossing from HoJo towards Mimi's, if you're in a group, that group will almost certainly continue on their merry way down Harbor, while you are waiting for the Walk sign to let you cross Harbor. They will very likely think you're nuts. You might start to think that YOU are nuts. :)

And then very likely you will see those same people far behind you, once you're in the tram area (you on the unpopulated right side from the shortcut right turn you took BEFORE getting to the Disneyland side and crosswalk the hordes are crossing Harbor with, them stuck in a knot of humanity on the left side), and you will be at bag check before them. Most likely. Gives a little satisfaction.

For me and hubby, it isn't even the actual time it might save, but the frustration of being stuck behind so many other people. Being stuck behind people once inside the gates is annoying but expected, and you have all the aromatherapy of Disney to help you through. :) Out on Harbor, suddenly being stuck b/c a Pepsi truck needed to make a delivery to the Carousel and needs to back in which takes 3 minutes, isn't as fun as being stuck inside the gates! So I like to walk on the unpopulated side, just to delay the frustration. :)

Hi!

What I've *heard* about walking from the direction of CCI is that there's a big, uncontrolled driveway that you have to cross. And that it's scary, especially with kids.

No, it's protected. There is a crosswalk there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter