quickest way from airport?

shamrocks

Earning My Ears
Hi there, wondering if anyone knows which is the quickest way from MCO to Disney? Which way has the least amount of traffic and how much are the tolls?:confused:

This is our first time renting a car from MCO and not using Mears or driving from home so we want to know the quickest and easiest way to get there :bounce:

Thanks.

We always do the south exit to 417. Go through 2 tollbooths ($1 each), get off at exit 6, International Drive. Go straight, that takes you to 536 (Epcot Center Drive). ;)
It should take about 30 minutes.Try to avoid I-4.

Shamrocks, what time of day are you arriving? And are there kids with you?

"Why do you ask?", she wonders. Well, normally I agree with the usual wisdom that the 417/Greeneway is the best route.

However, if you're arriving early in the morning or later at night, then traffic on the 528/I-4 will not likely be a problem. In that case, I would (and do) take the *north* exit out of the airport, take the Beeline/528 west, pick up I-4, and head towards exit 26 to WDW.

Why this route? Yes, it's a tiny bit longer. Still has two toll booths. But it's filled with billboards advertising WDW (and Universal as well). As you drive, you get a preview of what's awaiting you. It's fun. It helps the anticipation. If you'll have kids in the car, you'll have fun with the "ooh, look at that!" reactions.

The Greeneway is a nice, useful, pleasant drive, and it has the advantage of a very useful and convenient grocery stop. But I enjoy the fun of driving down the Beeline - *IF* it's during a lighter traffic time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter