Quiet (ish) Bar?

Victoria Falls in AKL is a lovely location, but the food options are quite limited. I've often wished I could reach down and get a Zebra Dome, as they are nearby and in view at Boma below.
Agree on the very limited menu but you can always grab a pack of Zebra Domes at The Mara and bring them up to Victoria Falls.

If you happen to go to Universal, Sapphire Falls has an outdoor bar with cozy seating. I couldn't tell you if it gets busy at night, but we've had rooms overlooking the area, and it looks pretty mellow in the afternoon. I didn't think to pay attention at night. I have not been, but the Aventura also has a rooftop bar that sounds/looks nice.

Mid-day, many of the WDW hotels are quiet with few folks around, except by the pools. That would tend to be a good time to hit one of then lounges if you are hoping to be in relatively quiet space.

One of the most romantic locations at WDW is the balcony at Topolinos. It gets crowded when the fireworks are going off, but other times it is pretty romantic.

Any recommendations on a quiet resort bar? This is an adults only trip for me and significant other and curious if there are any bars or lounges in any resorts with a laid back (dare I say romantic?) vibe.
You've got a lot of good suggestions here. You're asking specifically for laid back and/or romantic, so I'll give my $0.02.

Laid back:
1. Belle Vue Lounge (Boardwalk). Quiet, relatively unknown, small with couches.
2. Martha's Vineyard (Beach Club). Quiet, relatively unknown, little traffic.
3. Turf Lounge (Saratoga Springs). Quiet, not crowded unless someone (kids) are at the pool table. Otherwise a hidden gem.
4. Gurgling Suitcase (Old Key West). Small, and as laid back as you can get - "come as you are"

Romantic:
1. Territory Lounge (Wilderness Lodge). Rustic, quiet, dark.
2. Enchanted Rose (Grand Floridian). Elegant, bright, themed, a bit busier, a bit pricey (that's saying something at WDW!).
3. Crew's Cup (Yacht Club). Booths available for quiet, nicely themed, a bit more crowded than others.

There are a lot of bars at WDW - in resorts and parks, and you can make the best of any situation. Geyser Point has a lot of mentions above, and it is one of our faves. It's a waterfront establishment and holds a decent crowd, especially when fireworks are about to be set off. These get my votes for laid back and romantic.

As a solo adult traveler I found Geyser Point to be a nice bar, a good atmosphere but when sat at the bar the tables around you can be busy and loud. My recommendations from my limited experiences for cozy/quiet/even romantic bars (not just listing my favorites without regard for the original post):
1. Territory Lounge in WL
2. Abracadabar - while the environment can be busy, the area where I was sat was sort of in my own alcove on a couch. It felt fairly private to me
3. Victoria Falls in AKL

If you happen to go to Universal, Sapphire Falls has an outdoor bar with cozy seating. I couldn't tell you if it gets busy at night, but we've had rooms overlooking the area, and it looks pretty mellow in the afternoon. I didn't think to pay attention at night. I have not been, but the Aventura also has a rooftop bar that sounds/looks nice.

Mid-day, many of the WDW hotels are quiet with few folks around, except by the pools. That would tend to be a good time to hit one of then lounges if you are hoping to be in relatively quiet space.

One of the most romantic locations at WDW is the balcony at Topolinos. It gets crowded when the fireworks are going off, but other times it is pretty romantic.
Many of the resort bars (not all) don’t open until 3:30-4:00, so make sure to check hours before you head to one. Geyser Point, Banana Cabana, and Ale and Compass Lounge open earlier for certain. Territory Lounge, Victoria Falls, BelleVue, and Enchanted Rose don’t open until later in the day. You can’t really go wrong, imo, with any of the suggestions people have made!

Victoria Falls at AKL is our favorite for sure followed by the Tiki Terrace during fireworks.

Enchanted Rose at GF was very busy when we were there, it was fine but not what I would consider relaxed.

Many of the resort bars (not all) don’t open until 3:30-4:00, so make sure to check hours before you head to one. Geyser Point, Banana Cabana, and Ale and Compass Lounge open earlier for certain. Territory Lounge, Victoria Falls, BelleVue, and Enchanted Rose don’t open until later in the day. You can’t really go wrong, imo, with any of the suggestions people have made!
Could have changed but I thought that at one time Bellevue had a limited breakfast menu

Could have changed but I thought that at one time Bellevue had a limited breakfast menu
They did. I think they stopped once Carousel Coffee opened, but I could be wrong. Regardless, when they were open, you could get a Bloody Mary or a Mimosa, but they closed at 10:30 or 11:00am and didn’t open again until the 4:00pm timeframe.

I’m always at the Coronado Springs : 3 Rivers Bar , too early ,but it does not take reservations ( ? )
walk up only , I think .
plus it is beautiful at night and nice atmosphere to walk around plus benches on the bridge for your wait. The Destino Towers at this location change colors at night and going up the elevator you will discover another Bar with outdorr/ interior seating .
Thanks for. making me remember this location again. I always seem to forget !
and I just remembered there is another bar in the lower lobby of Destino Towers at Coronado Springs … this entire location is designed for excellence !
I think everybody thinks just a convention resort but Not !

I’m always at the Coronado Springs : 3 Rivers Bar , too early ,but it does not take reservations ( ? )
walk up only , I think .
plus it is beautiful at night and nice atmosphere to walk around plus benches on the bridge for your wait. The Destino Towers at this location change colors at night and going up the elevator you will discover another Bar with outdorr/ interior seating .
Thanks for. making me remember this location again. I always seem to forget !
and I just remembered there is another bar in the lower lobby of Destino Towers at Coronado Springs … this entire location is designed for excellence !
I think everybody thinks just a convention resort but Not !
Stayed there for my first time last trip. I had previously avoided it based on reviews and comments on the inter webs. Loved it. Have it booked for a trip in March as a return visit

If you are in DS, jock lindseys on the back porch is not deserted, but there is space between the tables and it is fun to look out over the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter