• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

R: ISO creative jell-0 recipes!

lisaschu

Mouseketeer
I'm attending a family reunion this weekend and our side of the family is supposed to bring jell-o desserts/salads. That means about five jell-o desserts. I want to make something fun and different. Anyone have some creative ideas?

How about "Broken Glass Dessert"? It was my favorite as a child, my mom used to make it for me on special occasions. I liked it because it was so colorful and it really looked like broken glass.

3 pkgs. jello ( green, red, yellow). Make each pack in a long flat container (like an ice cube tray without the rack), using 1 1/2 cups boiling water per package.
Allow to set. Then cut jello into squares (about 1x1 inch)

24 graham crackers (crushed), 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 butter.
Combine, and press 1/2 of mixture into bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Save the other 1/2 to sprinkle on top of dessert.

1 pkg. unflavored gelatin, 1 cup hot pineapple juice (add 1 T. sugar if juice is unsweetened), whipping cream (add 1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar while whipping). DO NOT USE COOL WHIP.

Disolve unflavored gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water. Add hot pineapple juice. Cool mixture until it has a syrup consistency. Add whipped cream. Stir in gelatin squares and pour onto cracker lined pan. Add remaining cracker topping and refrigerate.

This is quick and easy and the kids love it.

one sm package of jello any flavor
boiling water-- what ever the pckg calls for
ice cubes
blender

pour the gelatin in the blender. Add the hot water and blend. Then add ice cubes. I usually fill the blender container about 3/4 full and blend till all ice cubes are gone.

Pour into ( i use tall thing wine glasses) glasses and chill. What happens is as the jello sets it separates and the jello goes to the bottom and the foamy top stays on top. It short of looks like some kind of whipped topping.
The kids love it and it is so easy to make.

you could do a fish bowl using the blue jello in a large clear bowl (or even an unused fish bowl) and gummie fish. Put grapes in the bottom to look like marbles. I've seen other ideas on it but don't remember the specifics now.

I might be too late for the reunion, but I thought I'd share our families favorite jello recipe.

Jello Pinwheels

2 small pkg Jello (any flavor)
1 c. warm water
3 c. mini marshmallows

Spray 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray. Mix jello and water in microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir to disolve jello. Add marshmallows. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until marshmallows are almost melted. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until set. When set, loosen edges using a knife dipped in warm water. Starting at one end, roll up tightly, jellyroll style. With seam side down, cut into 10 to 12 (1/2 inch) slices. Keep refrigerated.

These are an easy and fun to make treat for the kids. Its a very easy recipe for aspiring cooks. My DD (10) has been making these since she was about 5.

Hope you like them!

That sounds like a neat idea;) With all of the children in this family it sounds like it will be fun to try and make with them:pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter