• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RadioDisney Booth @ MGM to close in August

OrlandoBlum

Earning My Ears
First time poster...LONG TIME LURKER!

Get out your Petition pens and paper now!

Yes, it is true. Despite the fact that the Radio Disney booth is at MGM rent free, it has become "cost prohibitive" (according to Radio Disney execs) to continue operating from MGM, and therefore it will close at the end of the summer. The crew will relocate to the home office.

This is a heartbreak for those of us who feel that the booth and the Florida team is a true attraction and part of the whole MGM experience.

Start a petition! Call Guest Services! Ask Big Disney to make Radio Disney stay put!!!!!

We go to Disney four to five times a year, and look forward to dropping by the booth and watching and meeting BB Good. The Florida team will be missed!!!

HI!

We love stopping by the Disney Radio Booth at MGM!

We will definitely make our voices heard - BTW, where's a good place to send/ post our comments about this impending change?

Just putting on the Disney station as I drive in NJ brings back memories of past trips to WDW and I hope to keep having thoses special memories in the future!

Thanks!!

Melissa:earsgirl:

I never even noticed the booth. Where exactly is it located in MGM? We are going in May and would be interested in stopping by.

The Station is on the left side of Sounds Dangerous. Its noted on the park map.
After quite a few trips, we finally noticed it this past Dec. Our 7yo DS wants to be a DJ so we thought it would be fun to check it out. I cant believe I hadnt heard about it here on the Dis prior to that. The kids were thrilled with the goodie bags and that BB said their names on the radio. I loved the fact that they gave us a tape of it. :D I hope they reconsider the move.

And BTW, welcome to the Dis, OrlandoBlum!

f9069adb.jpg
:(

"Radio Disney, we're all ears!"

I am looking forward to seeing the studio when we visit in June. I hope they don't move it in August. I'll sign any petition anyone starts!

Same here. We just recently got XM Radio and Radio Disney is all we listen to!!
Michele

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. So it's a radio station....I've got that much. And Disney broadcasts from there? Where can you listen to it at?

Ali

My 9 yr old LOVES Radio Disney. However, unless you like the kind of music that pre-teen/teenagers like, you probably won't find Radio Disney very appealing. During the day when the older kids are in school, they switch programming to audio broadcasts of Disney stories and some music for younger children. I think it usually broadcasts on AM stations.

I didn't realize that we could visit the booth at the park! Guess we'll be going in June!:earsboy: :earsgirl:

Yes, we are very disappointed that it won't be there the next time we go.

Playhouse Disney is a show broadcast from 12 - 3 (eastern) in the afternoons and is targeted towards the younger crowd. This is the show that is broadcast from Disney. The Playhouse Disney part ends at 3, but BB broadcasts until 4.

During every show when BB is there, you can go by the booth and watch her do her show. The crew will come outside and get your name and try and get a shout out on the air. Also, at 4 pm, after the show, you can meet BB and they give out goodie bags and autographs, etc. They are a great team!!!

Radio Disney is based in Dallas, but can be heard throughout the US on AM stations. Search your local AM stations or check out radiodisney.com and see if your area has Radio Disney. I have already called Guest Services, who said they know nothing about closing this "attraction"(believe me, its true)...but they took my comments anyway.

It is great because there are always prizes and contests and only children 14 and younger can win.

We love visiting the booth, along with other kids and famillies. It a true-blue attraction as far as we are concerned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter