Radisson park/cruise - DH nervous - need opinions

MelissaE1

Truly believes in the Magic
Hello everyone,

We had booked the Hampton Inn since the Radisson had sold out, but now it looks like there might be a room at the Radisson.

DH is nervous at the thought of leaving our vehicle somewhere with relatively little security, and doesn't like the idea of having to haul baggage/kids on a shuttle, plus worries about getting to the port on time (read "as soon as they'll let you on the ship"). I thought the park/cruise package was a good deal, although I admit he's right that it's probably a bit less convenient than having a car at the port. However, saving the $70 seems nice to me!

DH would like to know how the shuttle works both on the way and on the way back (i.e. what time do they pick you up, is there a lot of waiting/incovenience involved? We have DS8 and DD4 and plenty of stuff to haul.)

I would like opinions on the Radisson in general, did you enjoy it? What is the difference between a regular and a whirlpool room (besides the obvious whirlpool, I assume it's a tub?)

Thanks in advance, I feel like it's coming at me so fast now!

we've stayed there 2 times before cruises and loved it.
as far as a whirl pool room it is a living room with a pull out double bed and then a seperate bedroom with either a double or king bed and that is where the whirl pool is.the regular room is just a regular sized hotel room without the seperate bedroom.
we parked our car there on the side for our first cruise and didn't have any problems or concerns.
and the van service they have was great.when you check in ask for a time for the shuttle and they'll book you for that time.(we went over at 11 and signed in and hung out there.)
first time we went over in the shuttle we got out front 20 minutes early the shuttle was there and he loaded us up and took just us 4 over without checking times or asking names.and the second time we were out front waiting for the shuttle to come back to get us and the avis shuttle pulled up and asked if we wanted a ride to the port and we took that and gave the driver a tip. (there is a aveis connected to the radisson that runs a shuttle also)as far as getting the shuttle when we got back we waited maybe 10 minutes and none came and i got a taxi from taxi stand and it cost $8.(The other cruise we used your ride to take us to the airport)

I wanted to give my opionion on the Hampton Inn -

We stayed there because we earn Hilton points.

We arrived around 6 in the evening and it was raining. The rooms are nice, but there is no restaurant on the premises. We did not have a car, so there was no dining withing walking distance. The best we could do was to either order delivery, or go to the hotel next door that had a small bar that served bar food. We didn't have much choice, so we went there. We were tired and hungary and really not in the mood for bar food (although the drinks from the bar did help!)

The Hampton does serve a free breakfast, but only until 10:30 (I think) ANd if you are late, too bad - Since we are from the west coast, we slept in till 10, rushed downstairs to get food and they were already cleaning it up. We barely got anything to eat!

They did offer a shuttle service and that was great - No problems there.

We will not stay there again. Only because we were traveling with a 4 year old and like having a restaurant on the premises and we also like to order room service for breakfast. That way, we can get ready and eat at the same time -

I am sure there are those that love the Hampton Inn - It just did not work for us -

My 2 cents

Karen

Melissa,

I know many, many people,(internet friends), who leave their cars at the Radisson and have never had a problem with security.

As far as the shuttle goes, they usualy drop the family and baggage at the dock and then go park the car. On their return they pick up the car, then get the family and baggage.

Never heard of any problems.

Sue - 1/25 Magic - flying down cruise day

Skip, thanks for the info... especially on the taxi. I know DH will feel better knowing that is readily available and cheap as an alternative.

KaitlinsMom, that is a good point about the restaurant... we will have been driving all day and probably won't want to go out looking for food, even though we will have our car with us.

Originally posted by sjm
As far as the shuttle goes, they usualy drop the family and baggage at the dock and then go park the car. On their return they pick up the car, then get the family and baggage.

Sue, do you mean that DH would drive me and kids to the port, drop us off, take the car back to the Radisson, park, and then ride the shuttle to meet us, then do the opposite upon debarkation? That sounds like a pretty good idea!

Originally posted by MelissaE1
Sue, do you mean that DH would drive me and kids to the port, drop us off, take the car back to the Radisson, park, and then ride the shuttle to meet us, then do the opposite upon debarkation? That sounds like a pretty good idea! [/B]

Exactly.....Sue

We left our car at the Radisson in October with no problem at all.

We arrived at the port right about 10:30 (we were the first in line!). Had no problem loading luggage in the shuttle van and there is a porter in the parking lot to take your luggage as soon as you exit the shuttle.

We were off the ship, caught shuttle to Radisson, and in the car by 9:00am. And we had the late breakfast!

We would do the same again without hesitation.

This could not have been easier. Pulled the car up front. Dropped off the luggage. Hubby parked car right up front. Driver loaded the luggage and we were at the port by 10:30 a.m. We all arrived together and got to explore together.

Shuttles were right in the parking lot when you returned and brought you right to the front of the hotel.

We will be staying there again for our next cruise.

The suites are huge!

The bedroom in our suite had 2 king beds with a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. The other option would have been 1 king in the bedroom and 2 queen sleeper sofas in the living room.

We opted to pay the $70 parking for the convenience of having the car at the port. We don't like crowds and my husband just thought it was easier to have our own car than wait for a shuttle. We picked up the luggage and were on the road in a couple of minutes. We'll likely do the same thing next time too.

It was SO easy, no wait at all, very convenient and our car was VERY safe:D ! Would do it again.

Originally posted by MelissaE1

DH would like to know how the shuttle works both on the way and on the way back (i.e. what time do they pick you up, is there a lot of waiting/incovenience involved? We have DS8 and DD4 and plenty of stuff to haul.)

I would like opinions on the Radisson in general, did you enjoy it? What is the difference between a regular and a whirlpool room (besides the obvious whirlpool, I assume it's a tub?)

Thanks in advance, I feel like it's coming at me so fast now!

I will only do the Radisson...It was so conveinient! It's also a very nice place. The shuttle was great. The bellman came and got our luggage (we even brought all of our snorkeling equipment for 2 adults) he loaded it we all waited maybe 5 minutes...we were at the ship by 10:45 and the driver took care of the luggage and we walked across the street and was at the front door and was 5th in line to board. It was just that smooth. Not a problem! We boarded the ship at 12:15 and was up on the 9th deck at Beach Blanket Bingo Buffet and having my first Conch Cooler by 1:00.

The best vacation I have ever had! The ship is soooo lovely!

Hope this helps:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter