rain gear??

cola1068

Earning My Ears
hi, where can i find rain ponchos at home. i would love to buy them before we go to wdw. thanks!!

That is a very good idea since the ponchos at Disney (like anything else) are a little expensive. You should be able to find them just about anywhere--Wal- Mart has them. And for even cheaper ones, check out a Dollar Discount/ Dollar Tree type store. They usually have them for 2/$1.00.

When you check at Wal marts or at a K-mart type store make sure you check in the hunting and fishing dept. They carry all colors and plus they have different styles that might intrest you.

Plus when you bring them with you to the park, it probably won't rain ;) Whenever I go anywhere prepared, nothing is needed.

LOL
Stacey

I found great ones at a Job Lot store for I think $.79...instead of ponchos, they are pullovers with actual arms, and are long. Haven't had to use them yet, but I would think it would make it easier to put a seat belt on, and stay drier. Just occured to me that it might be harder to get to a fanny pack tho. Oh well.

It's raining now! Maybe I'll go try it out. :)

Oh...another reason not to use the Mickey ones...they are yellow, and it's hard to find your family in a sea of yellow ponchos! On our first trip, I instantly lost my 4 year old (briefly). We always get non-yellow ones now.

I bought a buch of those cheep big lots ones to wear on the wet rides.We are going in January and splash mountian is a must.I got enough for each of us to have one in each park that has any rides with "getting wet hazards". If they are yucky and wet then we will just toss them.Also carring our better ones in case of a truly rainy day.
Jordan's Mom

The only other advice is if you have small ones you might try to find a child's size. We didn't have very good luck with the ultra cheap ones, but found an fairly inexpensive one at Old Navy on clearance. It was a lot easier for our daughter to walk in a smaller one and it came with a pouch that it fit back into. But for us I just buy lots of the cheap ones and throw them away when we're finished. It is nearly impossible to put them back in the pack you buy them in.

I have found that the clear poncho's are better than colored ones. Sometimes the colored ones will fade, especially if you put them back into your back pack. I found the clear ones at walmart hunting section for $.89. there were called emergency ponchos.

Susan

We brought our Disney ponchos with us on our last trip, but I also brought a few of the clear ponchos from K-Mart(.99ea in the hunting section). These were much more comfortable to wear in the hot July weather, as well as easier to refold and stuff into fannypack-we like to travel light. We were able to squeeze almost a weeks worth of use out of them and then just threw them away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter