Rain in the forecast...trip ruined?

Full disclosure: I haven't read all the posts here so this may be covered already.

You can't trust a forecast that far out. Also, this is Southern California. When the Weather Dude says it's going to rain for three days solid, that means we'll have showers for part of one day. If he says there will be showers, that means it might drizzle. If he says there's a hurricane parked over your house, you're looking at a good rain. You have to remember to take the SoCal Weather Conversion Factor into account.

Just take jackets, ponchos/umbrellas, and waterproof footwear. You can stash them in a locker if it turns out you don't need them. I think rainy days are the best days to go because so many locals opt to stay home. OTOH, a lot of locals use the same logic so maybe it balances out. :)

The rain is the BEST! Two years ago in December we got hit with heavy rain and wind - the kind where you couldn't use an umbrella as it would blow right out of your hands. It took a big leap of faith to brave it and leave the DLH and head to the park, I didn't think we could do it, and I thought we'd be miserable.

It was our best day at Disney EVER.

My husband and daughter rode Space Mountain 17 times in a few hours. We walked on everything. I have NEVER seen as many characters out as I did that day (adorable pics of my daughter and the princesses, all in their rain/winter gear). There were times when we wouldn't even see another person in the area we were in. It was amazing. Everything since that has been a disappointment!

Raincoats and boots will make it much easier. My daughter and I had rain boots, and my husband did not - his feet were soaked through, but it was worth it. We all look back at that day as our best day ever. Non stop rides, no lines, lots of time with characters and the ability to jump in puddles - my daughter was over the moon.

Now it's going to rain Sat and Sunday and be cold!!
You will probably see better weather on Monday and Tuesday of your trip!
I still hope you have a great time!;)

Now it's going to rain Sat and Sunday and be cold!!
You will probably see better weather on Monday and Tuesday of your trip!
I still hope you have a great time!;)

Ya, not pleasant in San Diego today. Looks like off and on rain through early Monday here. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter