• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rainforest Cafe or Homecomin

Jacq7414

DIS Veteran
I know they are probably very different 😂 but which one is better?

I’m only leaning towards homecoming because I was able to get a table of 9 and Rainforest Cafe we had to split up the party.

where is the food better? There’s 3 kids and 6 adults.

If for no other reason, the fact that you already have a table together and it's a place you want to try - sounds like your decision is made at Homecomin'! I think you'll enjoy it - fun place to eat with good food.... From experience, you will not leave hungry!

I’m only leaning towards homecoming because I was able to get a table of 9 and Rainforest Cafe we had to split up the party.

Homecomin is better. Rainforest isn't even in the running.

homecomin’ for the food. If you have credit to burn at aa Landry’s restaurant, grab a drink to go from Lava Lounge.

I'd probably pick not eating over Rainforest, so I'm going with Homecomin even thought I know nothing about it.

I will be shocked if anyone says Rainforest :goodvibes . Rainforest is fun for kids, though younger ones that don't like loud noises might not enjoy it (there are simulated thunderstorms). The food is mediocre and overpriced. Still, we used to take our son there when he was little because he loved it. But I was very glad when he outgrew it!

Now, Homecomin' is one of our favorite restaurants on Disney property. The food is fantastic, service is consistently good, love the atmosphere, etc., etc. It's southern comfort food, but done incredibly well. Get the thigh high chicken biscuits appetizer. I order it as my entree, and it's probably my favorite meal at Disney. The leftovers make for a great breakfast, as well!

Homecomin’ and it’s not even close.

Rainforest is mediocre and can be found in several other cities. The food at Homecomin’ is consistently great.

I haven't been to Homecomin' but I'd say Homecomin'. RC is what it is - I went twice last trip (eye roll) - but I'd rarely seek it out over something else.

Rainforest probably has to be in the running for worst food at a TS in WDW. The themeing might be okay somewhere outside the WDW bubble....but there it's just average.

Had Homecomin last trip. Mac and cheese was amazing. Thigh high chicken biscuits amazing. My son in law who didn't want to go at first said it was his favorite meal of all time at Disney. No contest! Go to Homecomin!

Homecomin vs a chain, would be an easy decision for us. Homecomin is the easy decision unless you have small kids that love the animatronics.

Homecoming.

We have a RFC here in NJ and in terms of food, you're getting TGI Fridays level at best.
The only thing worthwhile is the environment if you have young kids who want a 'cool' different experience.
Food? Meh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter