Raised stage at Disneyland in the 90’s

WaltDisneyGirl84

DIS Veteran
Hey all!

Totally aging myself here, but I’ve been binging Blossom on Hulu and there was an episode of them at Disneyland. In one scene, a band (The Party) were on a small Tomorrowland stage that seemed to move up and down. Any Disneyland vets around to fill me in on this? It’s got me curious!

Aw, I haven't thought about The Party in years! My sister had such a crush on Damon and Albert. Now I need to go watch an old MMC episode on YouTube.

I loved watching 80s cover bands on that stage back in the day. It was very cool and space-agey to have it move up and down, with the smoke and lighting effects. I went to 80s Nite a couple years ago and was sure they would revive the 80s band scene on that stage, but they didn't. At least when we were over there it was just a DJ type person standing on top of the closed stage. Maybe we missed something more 80s earlier in the evening.

I remember it! I always thought it was so cool.

They probably have safety restrictions now that won't allow them to raise and lower it :sad1:

Used to love watching Scot Bruce perform there as well as all the other bands. Good times.

I remember when we were doing the kitchen renovation at Tomorrowland Terrace, we used that stage as a "freight elevator" to get equipment up and down. Fun memories!

I totally remember! This gives my age away but on Grad Night (in the 70"s) I remember Olivia Newton John gave a concert on it. I think Helen Reddy did as well at some point (in the 70:s).
Great times. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter