Random but car rental experience

Bethany10

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had issues with renting a car from the airport recently? We booked months in advance but the news has me like

We arrive Sunday mid day

We rented the first week of May. There was no line when we picked up our car but we also arrived mid day on a Tuesday.

We flew into Tampa and had no issue with our car rental pick up or drop off. Also we had a brand new car very nice experience.

Did you sign up for the skip the counter?

We did not. We only rent a car maybe once a year so we just got in line along with everyone else. The reality is, if you're going to travel right now it's not only expensive but also be prepared to wait in line. Not just at Universal, my understanding it's just about anywhere that typically hosts a booming tourist business.

We did not. We only rent a car maybe once a year so we just got in line along with everyone else. The reality is, if you're going to travel right now it's not only expensive but also be prepared to wait in line. Not just at Universal, my understanding it's just about anywhere that typically hosts a booming tourist business.
Ugh. Alamo doesn't charge for their skip the counter (and we always seem to book with Alamo) so I don't know what other companies are like (I thought they were all free to join the loyalty programs but I guess not).

Skip the line is totally worth it, and it was free with Avis, likely others.
Last year I stood in the long, grumpy line for two trips to MCO in 2020 and it sucked.
This May on landing I used the app to check in and secured the car and space # before we even stepped off the plane. Walked directly to the car and drove off, it was awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter