Votes: 89 58.2%
  • Car service (uber/lyft)

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • I never do

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Other (because we need other!)

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
I've only done one resort to resort and we used a minnie-van (I needed a carseat). Had I not needed a carseat, we probably would have used uber/lyft.

I've done resort to fantasia gardens in the way back when, bus to DHS, boat to Swan/Dolphin

I'm cheap frugal. The transportation is available and included. Yes, it can be clunky and time-consuming, but (except that one time I had to go around the monorail twice to get to Narcoosee's) I normally plan plenty of time to get where I'm going.
This is me as well. I'd rather not use uber since disney buses are free. Just budget your time accordingly. I always leave myself plenty of time. Although I do normally use uber once (maybe twice max) during an entire trip. It's usually for an "emergency" because im completely exhausted and want to sleep in the extra hour instead of waking up early and taking the disney bus to my breakfast ADR.

We take the transportation to the closest resort, then walk (If it is Contemporary) or take park to resort transportation. It doesn't take all that long if you know where you are headed. :)

We live an hour away now so we always drive. Before we lived in Florida, we paid for a Lyft. Their app constantly gives me promotions and we've had rides for as little as $4 before. It's WAY cheaper than a Minnie van. We've done that one time and won't pay for it again

I was thinking we never used Lyft/Uber or similar to get from any resort to resort point at WDW but recalled using Uber once when I could only get a pedicure appt. at GF when we were staying at BWI. Took public transport to the spa but on the return realised what with wearing the spa issued paper slippers (yes, men, women do that, LOL) I needed a cab to keep my nails from getting smudged.

We frequently rent a car and just drive unless the resorts are within walking distance or direct boat/monorail.
To get from resort to resort is so inefficient, often over an hour, it just isn't worth it.
Taxi is often $20+ each way and adds up fast.

We tend to drive as we have our own car, but it depends on the resort and our plans before or after the ADR. If we want to ride the monorail or take a boat to or from the ADR resort then we'll take Disney transportation so we can experience those options. Driving is quicker to get to the ADR, but there's often time to enjoy a relaxing boat ride or monorail ride before or after

Usually we are going to dinner from a park, so it’s easy to take Disney’s transportation. On the odd reservation day where we are going resort to resort we would still opt for the buses, monorail, etc.

We try to plan to go from parks to resorts, but when we go resort-resort we use the Disney buses. As others have said, I just don't want to spend the extra money. Heck, even last time we drove for the first time and still took the disney buses. I don't usually mind driving at all, but something about being at disney made me not want to drive at all.

We like to take Disney transportation. My DH and I spend a lot of time commuting and driving for our jobs. There are times we will use Lyft for Disney Springs for convenience and time management. We like being in the Disney World bubble!!

I’m not sure if a Minnie Van is considered Lyft or Disney transportation but we used those last trip since our breakfast at Boardwalk was at 7:30 and our dinners at Polynesian and Yacht Club were at 9pm it would have taken some bus hopping to get to where we wanted to be.

This may be of no help, but I just don't. I schedule all of our meals based on where we are staying or which parks we'll be in each day. Over the years I've found I'm just as content eating at FF when we stay in the Boardwalk area as I am eating at Cali Grill when we stay at the monorail. I haven't found any food, on property, worth trekking all over WDW for. It once took us over 90 minutes to get from BWI to CR for an ADR. I just won't ever do it again.

Last trip, there were 4 of us instead of 5. I allowed enough time using the bus system to go from AKL, to AK, to GF for dinner before Villains. We always use the buses but I don't usually schedule ADRs that require a special trip.
Because we're usually 5, I avoided ride share/taxis. Especially when we needed booster seats. We often have our vehicle but we like alcohol and don't want to navigate WDW after a drink, or when tired.
I'm not sure what DH and I'll do when we go by ourselves. We'll decide on the fly.

On our last trip, we just used the Disney transportation, because we went from Epcot to WL for Storybook. We didn’t do a resort-to-resort. I think if we had done that, we would have drove, but that’s because we drove from home and already had our car.

We always use Disney transportation, but we're young so 1. Don't mind having to walk around to get where we need to catch the transportation, and 2. Are cheap :). On our last trip we did Yachtsman to GF (idk why we didn't monorail, but we did bus to MK and boat from MK to GF) and Boardwalk to GF (walked through Epcot, monorail back).

We consider it part of the experience. Most of the times, having to take Disney transportation forces us to go to resorts or other places we may not have gone to if we had used Uber or drove ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter