Random things you pack

I buy a cheap pack of washcloths.....I put a washcloth for every person in their own quart freezer bag with their initial on it. This is put in the backpack so when it gets hot, we just have to wet the washcloth and wipe our face. I also bring gallon size freezer bag just n case I ride a water ride so I can put my camera in it and put it in my backpack - keeps camera from getting wet.

I also copy and paste a list of the restaurants that are quick service and list them in very small font, 2 columns. Under the last column I type our reservation #'s, dates and times of our table service dining. I also shade the ones we have previously eaten at. I have it laminated and it will go in the back pack for quick viewing just in case we need to find something.

After all this work, I definitely need this vacation. :cool1:

The shoe organizer is great. We keep it against the wall on the shower rod with shampoo, body was ect
We also use on of http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40210553/these for extra storage space/ daily outfits for the boys.
Clothespins for hanging wet clothes
I also bring a shower liner some twine and the easy hooks so I can separate the sink area from the bed area for more privacy
Canvas clothes bag for dirty laundry in case I don't do laundry
Night light for the boys
Power strip for the laptop,PSP,iPad ect

Temp dental filling repair kits. Just picked these up at the Dollar Tree this past weekend...just in case.

Im Amazed! Really?!? This is a really neat find and tip!!! I'll be checking out my dollar trees this week! You never know when someone might need this!!!

Thanks!

HairbowGirl09 said:
I always pack a manicure set... I know it's a little off the wall but it never seems to fail that someone needs something from it. Whether it be the scissors, nail clippers, or nail file. Those random things seem to always come in handy.

Also, I'd bring ponchos because Florida weather can be unpredictable and they help on the water rides too

Water bottles are useful so you don't have to buy $3 water bottles every time your thirsty

I take my manicure set with me too! it's a must have :)
also we just found out a couple years ago you can just go up to the restaurants and ask for a glass of water! for free so much better than carrying around water bottles and taking up more room! thought I would share :)

* Chip clips. They are essential for keeping chips fresh in the FL humidity.
* Duct tape. Fixes just about anything.
* Ziplock bags. Holds snacks, sandwiches, wet swim suits, etc.
* Ziplock containers. Used for cereal, reheating leftovers (we stay in DVC studios a lot)
* kitchen sponge, cut into quarters with dish soap drizzled onto them. Used to clean mugs, cutlery, ziplock containers, etc when not at DVC.
* Sharp knife. Obviously in checked luggage.
* Small cutting board. Used with knife, above.

we bring

1) night light for resort room

2) lysol /clorox wipes to wipe down tables

3) small flashlight to read park map at night

4) glow sticks and stickers to give to kids

5) gum , crackers and mints/hard candy

6) alarm clock

I bring dish soap and a small wascloth and towel to clean and dry out our mugs.
A carabiner to hook unto the stroller to carry mugs, etc,
I always carry a travel size first aid kit too. Never know when you might need that. Last time our son got so excited he fell out of his stroller and cut up his knee.
tablet pepto bisomol and childrens tylenol. Takes up very little room and easier to dispense.
I always bring small hooks that are attached to suction cups. You can purchase these at Walmart. We hang up our wash cloths and bathing suits on these to have them dry. Just some suggestions. Love the glow stick idea! I will have to purchase some to have them for our boys.

I always bring KrazyGlue (a very specific brand of superglue found in very small tubes). It may sound weird, gross, or even "crazy", but the brand was developed as a surgical glue and it dries fast, clear, and waterproofs any cut you put it on. And now they make single-use versions of it - I just toss a pack of those (2 per case) in my purse, and I know I'm golden if I get a cut on a really annoying place, like a toe or a knuckle. Works like a charm!

Window Decorations; different kinds of shoes...in case of blisters; snacks; ponchos for splash mountain; cyrstal light or kool aid individual packets to add to water; extra empty duffle bag for all the shopping!

Well if you want to think RANDOM stuff:
- glow in the dark necklaces for the kids at night parades
- kerchief to uniquely identify your stroller, or your head
- cheerios single serves; good for breakfast or a snack
- mini-alcohol bottles (for the room)

A prepaid UPS shipping label and tape. You can always find boxes at the gift shops, but shipping souvenirs home from the resorts cost more than a prepaid label

We bring a picnic blanket that zips up neatly (picture somewhat flat square). This packs easily into our suitcase and we bring it into the parks for a place to sit and wait for fireworks and Fantasmic. We have young kids who are usually tired by then, so we don't mind finding a spot and waiting, but a blanket is a must have! The kids will even lay down for while. Or sit and play cards or their DS's while we wait.

So I guess you can add cards (regular and/or Uno) to our list of random things we bring;)

Also on this note, we are currently on the lookout for a mini flashlight lantern to have just enough light for the kids to see to play the cards after dark.
Last year in Nov, two girls were playing cards beside us waiting for F! and it got too dark for them to see, so my kids offered to hold one of our mini flashlights on the cards for them to play, which was sweet, but not feasible to sit and hold a tiny flashlight for that long, which made me think a mini lantern style would work great, it doesn't need to light up a large area.

I know this seems like a lot, but really, waiting for upwards of 1.5 hours is a long time for children to sit still with nothing to do.

I should note, that I am referring to F! at Disneyland, although this link is on the WDW side, I love to come here for these tips that are really helpful for both parks:) I believe the seating is different for F! at WDW, where at DLR you just find a spot on the ground to wait, no seating or bleachers.

Lantern- I saw one at Target yesterday (in Allen- the one off Stacy). It's a coleman, I believe. I'm pretty sure it was small and battery powered.

:thumbsup2

extra luggage tags to tie on to my camera strap and back pack incase i leave it somewhere. I include the dates and which resort (but not the room # ) i'm staying at and my name.

That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing, I shall use this idea myself. :thumbsup2

The one thing I have found to be most helpful is to pack some of the little packets of powder to add to bottled water (Crystal Light are the ones we use). To avoid the extra costs of drinks, even bottled water, we ask for a glass of ice water and add the packet of flavoring to it. Glasses of ice water are free and this tip can easily save you $10+ a meal....which will easily be spent elsewhere in the park :)

That's a great idea. We seem to spend a fortune on drinks when we go out but we always carry water. Sometimes you just need something a bit sweet instead of plain water.

Has anyone found the water bottles with built in filters to be helpful? Does the water/ice from CS places taste funky or is it just the water from the drinking fountains? DH doesn't do the flavor packets b/c of the diet-y aftertaste & prefers just plain water. Thx!

Lantern- I saw one at Target yesterday (in Allen- the one off Stacy). It's a coleman, I believe. I'm pretty sure it was small and battery powered.

:thumbsup2

You can turn a maglite flashlight into a lantern. You can take off the "lens" part of it and put it on the other end and stand it up.

For travel I take a paperback book and binder clips. I tear off 50 pages or so, clip them together and carry them in my purse. It's less bulky than carrying a whole book or Kindle and I can throw away the pages as I read them.

:faint:

Sorry it's the librarian in me.;)

:faint:

Sorry it's the librarian in me.;)

You can also buy cheap 50c novels from op shops/thrift shops and when you've finished you can leave them someone for someone else to read. Register them at bookcrossings.com and see if someone claims it and registers its 'new' home. I always stock up on cheap books for the kids when we travel so I'm not worried if they lose them and they can be disposable and make way for new ones on the trip home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter