RANT ALERT Park Manners

I am in a power wheelchair and have waited for as many as 4 buses before a bus arrived that could board me at times. I have offered to wait for the next bus when there is along line and have been told by the driver to board and not wait. The drivers are in control not me.
Would you want me left alone at an empty stop at night because you can push on the bus and I can't because that is what happened the time
I waited through 4 buses and it would have been longer had a relief driver insisted that I be loaded on the bus even though it was SRO. 2 hour wait.

Lisbeth, Florida law states that you will get priority over able bodied people, it doesn't matter if they have been waiting an hour, if you arrive the same time as the bus and you are the only person in a scooter or wheelchair by law you get priority, drivers know this and I have never seen a driver not od it in all my many visits to WDW, to see a youngish bloke in his scooter at PC clearly ill through a smoking related illness (he had oxygen with him) smoking while queuing in a non designated area was infuriating and no one had the nerve to tell him to put his cigarette out, me included.

Please take a shower and wear deodorant before going to the parks. Is hot and humid and before noon you will smell.
Do not release your self or allow your children to do it between the bushes the rest of us do not need or want to see your bare a**. Their is plenty of bathrooms around just find one.

We are down here now. Amen about the bathing. Oh my at some of the people and selective bathing.

I have 2 more rants.

Don't stand in front of a bench. As we were waiting for the Frozen parade at DHS today, I desperately wanted to find a place to cool my suffering footsies. Of course the benches were taken in area. Some people were standing on the concrete seating. That's fine. It's the people who didn't want me to sit on the bench they were standing in front of that drove me nuts!

Secondly, I got to the boat dock at DHS about 10-15 minutes before it started raining. After 45 minutes, me and a few others finally looked at the radar and called Disney and finally figured out that the boat was not coming. We then ran in the rain to our resort bus. Come on Disney. You could've sent somebody over there to tell us there was no boat. I know it's obvious when it's raining. I got over there before it started raining.

Please take a shower and wear deodorant before going to the parks. Is hot and humid and before noon you will smell.
Do not release your self or allow your children to do it between the bushes the rest of us do not need or want to see your bare a**. Their is plenty of bathrooms around just find one.

remember that there may be a snake in those bushes. We do have poisonous snakes in Florida. While Disney will remove them if notified you don't want the notification being hour child got bit.

Not sure if this is bad manners or what....but parents if your kid is phone addicted, whether you are with them or send them to the parks on their own, PLEASE tell them that ride time is NOT talk to their significant other time.

My parents and I (no, Im not a teen) were in the next to last row on the safari at AK. Behind us were 3 teenage girls I would estimate to be in the 14-15 age range. As soon as the vehicle left the platform the girl in the middle (and right behind me) started up a phone conversation. I can remember hearing, "Babe, Im on a safari, isnt that neat? I see elephants? I wish you could see them. Close your eyes and you can see them. Are you closing your eyes? Close them babe! If you dont Im going to throw my phone. Thats it babe, im throwing my phone. A giraffe is eating my phone babe, i threw it. No I cant hear you I threw my phone. I love you babe. Oh look at the animals babe!" I turned around more than once and gave the quiet signal and glared and noticed there were no parents there or around. She never took the hint. I know for a fact she wasnt on skype or facetime either because the phone was always glued to her ear. Now I can understand taking pictures, texting, maybe even quickly skyping someone for a minute, but not that annoying bubble gum-teeny-bopper goo-goo junk! I dont talk on my phone on a ride or text on a dark ride, so please tell your kids the same.

And in that same vein....teens and full grown adults....I understand that WDW is a magical place that makes you feel amazing things, but I do NOT need to see you making out, groping, and holding up the line making goo-goo eyes at each other. If that's what you want to do, get a theme park view room and lock yourself in there. I understand one quick smooch in front of the castle, during wishes, etc but is the hot crowded line surrounded by sweaty people REALLY put you in the mood? If so----SICK!

Don't kill my Disney buzz by standing in line complaining about something for a half hour you find disagreeable about your experience while I'm pumping my kid up to fly like Peter Pan.

Knocking your stroller into my ankles several times doesn't make the people in front of me walk faster. And don't tell me to move when I turn around and ask you to stop hurting me. I don't have control of everyone just myself and I am not going to knock them out of the way for YOU!
Choose a different path if you are in such a hurry!

Knocking your stroller into my ankles several times doesn't make the people in front of me walk faster. And don't tell me to move when I turn around and ask you to stop hurting me. I don't have control of everyone just myself and I am not going to knock them out of the way for YOU! Choose a different path if you are in such a hurry!

Holy crap! Who does that?!

Last time we were there, at AK we were on the safari. There was a group of people that did not speak english and were shouting and hollering the entire ride! The driver told them to be quiet multiple times, but to no avail. Then when we got to the lion, it was sleeping on the rocks. This group then began to stand up and shout at the lion to wake up. They were so loud shouting at it and the driver tried to quiet them with no luck. I was almost afraid for our lives, and had pictures of throwing them off the vehicle first ;). The did wake the lion but we were off. Thankfully. I know that there was some safety buffer (or at least I hoped), but the driver seemed a bit alarmed too. I was never so happy to get off a ride.

Who shouts and whistles and hollers at wild animals with no fence between us and them???

This was the last ride of our vacation too...sure put a crappy ending to it all.

When an Upscale Table Service restaurant clearly states is is suitable for adults and that the menu is not geared for children please don't bring your children late at night when we would like an adult experience and pay good money for it. Your children are tired, cranky, beyond hungry and really there was nothing on the menu they wanted. 9 pm is a little late to convince the prince and princess to try something new.

When an Upscale Table Service restaurant clearly states is is suitable for adults and that the menu is not geared for children please don't bring your children late at night when we would like an adult experience and pay good money for it. Your children are tired, cranky, beyond hungry and really there was nothing on the menu they wanted. 9 pm is a little late to convince the prince and princess to try something new.

!!!Couldn't agree more!!! :)

I think mine are simple. Not sure if these have been said or not but been to enough parks lately to make a list.

1. Yes your kid is excited but shouldn't be climbing all over everything, and acting out of control. I don't wanna be kicked over, and over. If not a character meal I sometimes except a quiet meal.

2. In line pay attention, and don't sit on/hang from rails, please take all space up. I saw one family doing this is a very hot cue recently, by the end no less than 6 people said something becuase they were leaving bus sized gaps.

3. Unless using for pictures put the phone down. Oh, and turn off flash on dark rides.

4. On some rides there is zero need for pushing, and shoving, we will all get there. Haunted manson is an example.

5. Not trying to pick on anyone but seriously I get bathing yearly and no deodrant might be normal in your country but FL is a swamp most of the year, please have pity on the rest of us.

6. South American tour groups, do they count? Lol. They are notorious for bad manners, have witnessed it 1st hand more than once.

I was in a moving line for Finding Nemo one time while the grown woman in front of me was eating something kind of messy. It was something like nachos with cheese and lettuce and sour cream. She then dropped it on the ground and kept walking. She intentionally dropped this gooey awful mess for hundreds of people to walk around, and appeared to never give another thought to her careless action. I may be showing my age, but back in my day someone who did something that rude and obnoxious at least took some pleasure in being rude and obnoxious.

You should have picked it up, given back to her and said, "Sorry, I think you dropped this." In a sweet voice, so she would really look bad. ;)

I don't understand people who push their way to the front of the line to see a show such as Muppet's 3D, Carousel Of Progress and One Man's Dream. Are you serious? There is plenty of seating so there is no need to push past people.

Please do not be tacky don't wear your pajamas to breakfast, even if is only to grab coffee. Sent somebody from your party that is already dress. Seriously I have been in a good number of countries but only around the States I got to see this. I cannot even say "is a Disney thing". :sad2:

Agh. That's the most annoying thing ever, especially with long waits. Get you butt in the line just like the rest of us did.

And I've had this problem with most people visiting the USA.. Would it be so hard to say excuse me? Manners are not that hard to learn. Know them, USE THEM.

1. If your whole party isn't with you, don't get in line. Not for a ride, not for a bus, don't do it. There's nothing worse than having a party of one or two in front of you turn into an extended family of ten cutting in front of you in line. Not cool.

2. Yes your kids are in vacation, but don't let them run wild outside others room doors. Find a better place for them to expend their energy.

3. Don't get right up on me in line to enter the park, ride a ride or anywhere. Yes it's crowded, but a small amount of personal space is appreciated.

4. Be courteous on buses. Elderly, pregnant women, small children, people holding children, do the right thing, give them your seat. Yes you paid good money to go on this trip too, but doesn't it feel good to do what is right?

5. Don't stop in the middle of crowded walkways.

6. Don't walk at the pace of a snail 3 or more people wide.

Anyone have anything else to add!!??

If the policy is "no flash photography or video lighting", then why are some people allowed to do? Bright flashes are a cause of onset of migraine headaches and possible seizures. The whole ride (or show) experience is ruined by constant flashing. Asking nicely does not work; being equally as rude and loudly requesting the flashes stop is ruining the ride for others as well. I'm not willing to do that. Suggestions???

1. If your whole party isn't with you, don't get in line. Not for a ride, not for a bus, don't do it. There's nothing worse than having a party of one or two in front of you turn into an extended family of ten cutting in front of you in line. Not cool.

2. Yes your kids are in vacation, but don't let them run wild outside others room doors. Find a better place for them to expend their energy.

3. Don't get right up on me in line to enter the park, ride a ride or anywhere. Yes it's crowded, but a small amount of personal space is appreciated.

4. Be courteous on buses. Elderly, pregnant women, small children, people holding children, do the right thing, give them your seat. Yes you paid good money to go on this trip too, but doesn't it feel good to do what is right?

5. Don't stop in the middle of crowded walkways.

6. Don't walk at the pace of a snail 3 or more people wide.

Anyone have anything else to add!!??

Please don't stop in the doorway when exiting a shop or attraction. Take a few extra steps so others can exit behind you.

^ Totally agree. People have this strange thing where they just stop in doors, and then start looking a maps, talking, etc. You can't tell me they aren't noticing the 6+ people trying to squeeze past them. :lmao:

I think just being aware of the people around you, in general, would make the world a better place. You're not special because you traveled far or paid a lot of money... so did a lot of other people.

^ Totally agree. People have this strange thing where they just stop in doors, and then start looking a maps, talking, etc. You can't tell me they aren't noticing the 6+ people trying to squeeze past them. :lmao:

I think just being aware of the people around you, in general, would make the world a better place. You're not special because you traveled far or paid a lot of money... so did a lot of other people.

Well said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter