RAPstar's Biggest Orlando Trip EVAR!!!!!!!! **Update: Finished!!**

Hey Robbie! All caught up :goodvibes We tried Manta on this trip and it was such an awesome ride! So glad we decided to try it!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip - especially our night of hanging out at MNSSHP! :banana:

Hopefully I will have an update soon! Sorry for taking so long. We open this week so I should have some free time soon

Day 7: UTH Tour/HHN night 2

I don't remember what time I woke up, but I do remember this being the morning I almost lost it with the shuttle driver for the hotel. They were supposed to be there at 8:45, but 9 rolled around and then 9:10. They finally showed up a little after that, and then proceeded to turn around and leave cause 2 idiots didn't sign up for the van and they didn't have enough room (mainly cause they were taking me and the Sea World people at the same time). Luckily the next van came in under 5 minutes and I was off to Universal.

259.jpg

Progress of the new mini-golf area

As I entered I saw this band playing close to the entrance. I guess they're new?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8R7quXv260

I don't remember what I did all day. I remember it raining, so I ducked through some buildings and went to Mel's for lunch. It was a generic burger, lol. I called my stepmother while I was there for her birthday....but I was a day early, lol. We chatted, it was good talking to her. And then I went and saw T2 again for the second time this trip. Then I went over to the Mummy.

261.jpg

After Mummy, I started to make my way to the front for the Unmasking the Horror tour, I ran into my 4 favorite people.

262.jpg

They were admiring my Simpsons shirt

264.jpg

After that I ran into my other favorite person!

265.jpg

By that time, it was close to the start of the tour. Here are some of the pics:

Nevermore

267.jpg

269.jpg

281.jpg

292.jpg

The Foresaken

305.jpg

322.jpg

Winter's Night

342.jpg

352.jpg

358.jpg

360.jpg

After the tour, I went over to Finnegan's again. Janet, her hubby and Mac were soon to join me. After I ate, I left them since they were doing the RIP tour and went to the holding area entrance place. I met up with some people from one of the HHN boards I'm on and hit a couple of houses. I spent most of the night with a nice guy from another part of FL. I can't remember his name now tho. I'm horrible, I know.

It rained again that night. After me and whatshisname went to Bill and Ted, I ran into the RIP peeps, and we made plans to eat at Louie's later. It was great getting to meet some of the people on here I hadn't before.....but I forgot to get a pic of everyone. :sad2: After eating, i hit a couple of the houses by myself.......and survived........obviously. :rotfl: I then took a taxi to my hotel and went to bed.

365.jpg

Day 8: Here Comes the Rain Again

I was exhausted, so I spent most of the day in my hotel chilling. This was one of the few days I was able to meet my Canadians (Bonny and Lee). I decided to walk to there hotel.....in the rain. I had a poncho.....but it didn't help much. And a car drove right past me through a puddle drenching my entire left side. :sad2: But I was happy to see them!!

368.jpg

After I met them, I took a taxi to Universal to spend a soggy night at HHN. Me and Mac had a fun time....it was just wet. It rained all night long. Well rained, sprinkled, and poured off and on. So I was wet. Did I mention I was wet? Oh, and I had the bright idea to wear sneakers. So that wouldn't work, so I bought some flip flops from the Universal store....and my feet thanked me for it. And because of the rain, I don't have any more pics. :sad1:

Day 9: Half Universal day

I tried to get up to take the shuttle to the park....but I slept through my alarm!! :scared1: I almost decided not to go to the park....but I got super hungry, and I had my Emeril reservation. So I took a taxi to Citywalk. Emeril's was amazing!!

369.jpg

One of the best gumbos!!

370.jpg

I got two apps. :rolleyes1 The mussels were awesome!

371.jpg

Seared Ahi tuna tacos, also delicious!!

I didn't get a picture, but I got the "Pain perdu" bread pudding. Oh. My. God!!!!!! It was the best think I ever put in my mouth. It was swimming in a bowl of warm honey with this vanilla whipped cream. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

After my amazing lunch, I went over to Potterworld for one last ride. It was broken when I got in line, but was up and running in a few minutes. The dragon was working today (it wasn't blowing steam the last time). As soon as I got off...the broke-down message started playing again. Darn my luck, lol. I hit up the Hog's Head again for one more Butterbeer and luckily ran into my favorite bartender!

372.jpg

She was super nice. I went to Citywalk to meet up with mac, and hopped into the Universal store there. I picked up a couple shirts. As soon as I got out of the store, I almost passed out. I was exhausted. Super tired. So I met up with Mac, and told her I was too tired to try to do HHN one last time. So I gave her a big hug and took a taxi back to my hotel and rested. And packed to go back to Disney the next day. So next update will be of my day at Animal Kingdom Villa!!

Wow, sounds like a few fun, but exhausting days!

I love your pictures with the Mummy, the Simpsons (all of them! well except Maggie) and Lucy! Great meets!

Super pictures from HHN and the UTH tour. Are there any restrictions for taking pictures during this event? I found that IoA and US were strict about photos on certain attractions and I wonder if that carries over.

Bummer on all of the rain on day 8. That can be fairly miserable. You made a good call on the flipflop purchase. Hopefully your sneakers were able to dry out enough to be useful.

Your meal at Emerils looks amazing! I'm kind of glad you don't have a bread pudding picture. Don't need drool on my keyboard!

Looking forward to hearing about the Animal Kingdom room and Disney day(s)

I believe they frown upon pictures in the house (except during the UTH tour) due to actor safety. Pictures in the street is fine, but its hit and miss on getting scareactors to pose for you). My camera isn't the greatest which is why I don't have many from the event itself.

:goodvibes So glad we got to spend some time together!! I'm just sad you weren't able to join us for a bite to eat ...

Emeril's was amazing!!
One of our favorites as well ... if you like shrimp, next time try the New Orleans BBQ Shrimp ... it's amazing - I get that every time we go :banana:

Super pictures from HHN and the UTH tour. Are there any restrictions for taking pictures during this event? I found that IoA and US were strict about photos on certain attractions and I wonder if that carries over.
I believe they frown upon pictures in the house (except during the UTH tour) due to actor safety. Pictures in the street is fine, but its hit and miss on getting scareactors to pose for you). My camera isn't the greatest which is why I don't have many from the event itself.
Robbie is right - they don't allow pictures inside the houses during the event itself because people would be using their camera flash which would blind the scareactors. Even if you had a real good super duper camera with a low light lens it would still be tough to take pictures in the houses without a flash because of how dark it is. And besides, going through the houses in the conga line really doesn't allow you to take pictures.

Day 10: Animal Kingdom Villas

I finally decided to take Mears to the airport and then ME to Kidani. I ended up being the only one on ME. I checked in and wandered about the hotel for a bit.

412.jpg

417.jpg

450.jpg

I had lunch at 11am at Sanaa. It was pretty good, just not exactly what I was hoping for. Since my room wasn't ready, I went to the front desk to see if there was any room available. There was.....but it was almost all the way in the back. With a view of the smaller savannah. All I saw was impalas, lol.

380.jpg

381.jpg

383.jpg

384.jpg

385.jpg

393.jpg

I was lazy again today, and spent most of the day lounging in my room and swimming. I did pop over to the Mara at the main lodge to get my favorite thing ever!!

zebradomes.jpg

OMG, I love them soo!!! I wandered about and took some more animal pics:

401.jpg

403.jpg

445.jpg

That evening, my friend Dainan and his friend Jackie and cousin Joy came over. We went to Sanaa for dinner, and it was much better than the lunch. I got the dessert sampler too, and it was amazing!!

The rooms at Kidani are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing all of the detailed room pictures.

I'm sorry to hear your lunch didn't blow you away at Saana, but I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner. I would love to try Saana someday, but my family really loves Boma, and I'm not sure we would trade that restaurant out.

Zebra Domes rock!

Day 11: MK/MNSSHP

I headed over to MK close to 9, but got there right before the opening ceremony thing. Headed over to my favorite section of the park.

451.jpg

452.jpg

After that, I decided to hit up Fantasyland. I liked the new Pooh queue. I then headed over to Space Mountain, it wasn't too long a line so I rode it once and then got a FP. I decided to go back and ride It's A Small World.

469.jpg

After I got off, I got a call from Sharon (a fellow DISer) and we made plans to meet up later for the party. I was a little hungry then, so I went over to Columbia Harbor House to try the new lobster roll.

474.jpg

Then hit up my favorite ride ever! The new queue looked cool, but half the effects were not working.

472.jpg

mansion.png

After riding Haunted Mansion a couple of times, I was craving something sweet. So I went up to the candy store on Main Street. While there I also decided to check out the new area they built for Mickey and Minnie.

480.jpg

After asking Mickey when he'd finally marry Minnie, lol.

481.jpg

I wandered about for a bit, and ran into another character I'd never met before!

485.jpg

tink.png

Had to get this one again!!

While walking about, I got a text from Dainan saying he and Jackie were in the park. We hit up Space Mountain.

487.jpg

After Space Mountain, I got another text, this time from Bonny. They were at the Poly. So I headed over and spent some time with them while we got something to eat and a drink.

488.jpg

By the time that was over, it was close to the start of the party, and time to meet Sharon and her family!

I headed back over to MK, and caught up with them as they finished seeing the refurbed Tiki room. We headed over to Thunder Mountain and rode that twice. Then Sharon's daughter, Savannah, and her husband (curse my memory) rode Splash while me and Sharon chatted. We decided to head over to Main Street to meet the princesses (mainly Rapunzel) during the first parade and hope that crowds were light. Along the way I meet these wild characters!

489.jpg

While waiting for the princesses, we met this lovely couple from the UK who knew just as much if not more about musicals and Disney than I did!

491.jpg

Princess time!!

493.jpg

494.jpg

tangled2.png

tangled4.png

Since we were there, we decided to see Mickey and Minnie in their Halloween costumes

496.jpg

Sharon and I in line

504.jpg

pumpkin.png

Since this was Sharon's family's only day at MK, we decided to go get some more rides done. So we headed back to Fantasyland and did Philharmagic and Snow White. Also getting as much candy as we could in the meanwhile. I think after that we headed towards Tomorrowland, but I was getting hungry so I decided to go to the Starlight Cafe. I shouldn't have. It was horrible. I was plum tuckered out at that point. So I decided to head back to AKV and try to stay awake for my ME back to the airport for my super early flight.

Day 12

Nothing eventful happened on my flight back. I slept some on the plane (and on the floor of the airport waiting for the baggage check to open). Then came home and slept again till 5pm.

So great to hear about the rest of your trip! It was a blast hanging out with you that evening at MNSSHP!

I'll add a few things from our night at MK:
- Because of your "cursed memory", DH's name is Lee :lmao: (Lee is in Robert's picture with the guy in the Superman cape we met from the UK - Lee is the one in the background in the red Disney shirt).
- We had a great time going on rides and seeing Rapunzel. I'm so glad you got a picture of you and Rapunzel dancing!
- It was fun talking Broadway musicals with that nice UK couple we met in line.
- We hit pretty much all of the candy stops, including multiple trips to the Werther's stop :thumbsup2
- We enjoyed walking around the park while the fireworks were going on so we could see them from all different angles.
- Some other rides we rode together during the party - Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion - loved the new queue!

After we split up (around 10:45pm when you stopped for a bite to eat), Lee & Savannah & I headed over to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz Lightyear and stopped at Stitch's Dance Party for a few minutes. Savannah & I went on Space Mountain (Lee doesn't like that ride because it always ends up giving him a headache) and then we called it a night. It was midnight and the party was ending.

Did you ever end up stopping and getting one of those taffy apples you were talking about that you wanted to buy over on Main Street?

So great to hear about the rest of your trip! It was a blast hanging out with you that evening at MNSSHP!

I'll add a few things from our night at MK:
- Because of your "cursed memory", DH's name is Lee :lmao: (Lee is in Robert's picture with the guy in the Superman cape we met from the UK - Lee is the one in the background in the red Disney shirt).
- We had a great time going on rides and seeing Rapunzel. I'm so glad you got a picture of you and Rapunzel dancing!
- It was fun talking Broadway musicals with that nice UK couple we met in line.
- We hit pretty much all of the candy stops, including multiple trips to the Werther's stop :thumbsup2
- We enjoyed walking around the park while the fireworks were going on so we could see them from all different angles.
- Some other rides we rode together during the party - Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion - loved the new queue!

After we split up (around 10:45pm when you stopped for a bite to eat), Lee & Savannah & I headed over to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz Lightyear and stopped at Stitch's Dance Party for a few minutes. Savannah & I went on Space Mountain (Lee doesn't like that ride because it always ends up giving him a headache) and then we called it a night. It was midnight and the party was ending.

Did you ever end up stopping and getting one of those taffy apples you were talking about that you wanted to buy over on Main Street?

I forgot about Pirates!! I was going to pu tsomethign about the fireworks too, but I was rushedly typing this last night.

I didn't get an apple, but I've been kicking myself for not getting one ever since!!

Loved Loved Loved your Trip Report!

I'm impressed that you were able to meet up with so many friends (and characters) and attend so many special events on your trip.

Thanks for reporting about the lobster roll at CHH. How was it? Being a life-long New Englander, I'm somewhat of a lobster snob and the roll looked a little too mayonnaisey to me.

Mickey's party looked like a blast! What a great finale to your trip!

Loved Loved Loved your Trip Report!

I'm impressed that you were able to meet up with so many friends (and characters) and attend so many special events on your trip.

Thanks for reporting about the lobster roll at CHH. How was it? Being a life-long New Englander, I'm somewhat of a lobster snob and the roll looked a little too mayonnaisey to me.

Mickey's party looked like a blast! What a great finale to your trip!

I liked it, but I'm pretty easily pleased. It seemed somewhat skimpy of lobster, but you could see it in there.

robbie, when you said,

"I had lunch at 11am at Sanaa. It was pretty good, just not exactly what I was hoping for. Since my room wasn't ready, I went to the front desk to see if there was any room available. There was.....but it was almost all the way in the back. With a view of the smaller savannah. All I saw was impalas, lol. "

i first thought you were talking about having a view of the parking lot and seeing a lot of cars/impalas.

:eek:

really enjoying your pictures and rest of your trip.

Thanks, Mac. Looks like I'll probably be seeing you at HHN next year after all! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter